Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Hey Jude actually is boring though. I don't agree with the other two. But Hey Jude is awful. It's my most disliked song, because it's so popular.

There's over 5 minutes of the word "nah" being sung in that song. And they sing the chorus something like 22 times.

Yawn.

Edited by Stevo985

Even great things become boring with endless repetition. I love all the songs mentioned, but I never play them anymore. Done to death.

The chorus for Hey Jude becomes boring out of repetition before the end of the song's first play.

nah , it will take you at least 5 plays to hear Lennon's F-bomb

then it becomes boring

Even great things become boring with endless repetition. I love all the songs mentioned, but I never play them anymore. Done to death.

Ever had a song which was your secret treasure and which you rationed how many times you played it, so it never got worn out?

Or, had a little-known song which was a personal treasure with a huge amount of emotional resonance and significance, suddenly become public property and likely to be played as lift music?

That is the sort of 'done to death' which should warrant a funeral.

Ever had a song which was your secret treasure and which you rationed how many times you played it, so it never got worn out?

Or, had a little-known song which was a personal treasure with a huge amount of emotional resonance and significance, suddenly become public property and likely to be played as lift music?

Yes, yes and yes. 

Crossing over with the Books Thread for a moment, Proust has a lot to say about this in 'A La Recherche...' 

He has this thing about stuff that sends you right back in your mind to a specific place and time - tastes, sights, pieces of music, etc. And he makes the vital point that if you over-do it, they lose their power, so you should ration them carefully, like you say. 

Yes, yes and yes. 

Crossing over with the Books Thread for a moment, Proust has a lot to say about this in 'A La Recherche...' 

He has this thing about stuff that sends you right back in your mind to a specific place and time - tastes, sights, pieces of music, etc. And he makes the vital point that if you over-do it, they lose their power, so you should ration them carefully, like you say. 

So music which evokes such memories could rightly be called a 'Swann song'.  :D (apologies).

• Like 1

Yes, yes and yes. 

Yeah, a few years ago, I bought the DVDs of Children's TV shows that I watched growing up. After watching the entire Count Duckula boxset, my memories of watching it as a nipper has completely dissolved. 

• Like 2

Hey Jude actually is boring though. I don't agree with the other two. But Hey Jude is awful. It's my most disliked song, because it's so popular.

There's over 5 minutes of the word "nah" being sung in that song. And they sing the chorus something like 22 times.

Yawn.

And Macca pops up att he end of every gig ever and sings it.

Surely it's down to personal preference though, people like different things. If everyone liked the same things, the world would be crap.

If everyone liked the same stuff there would only be one thread on this forum," the boring thread"

Yawn.

And Macca pops up att he end of every gig ever and sings it.

Very, very badly.

I like hey jude. On a personal note I'm sick to death of paranoid, pisses me off that after every gig they end it with paranoid. I'd start the show with it to get the crowd going then leave them guessing for the encore. They used to open with it back in 1970-71. Sick of hearing my generation as well, great song but I normally skip that one as its done to death.

• Like 1

I like hey jude. On a personal note I'm sick to death of paranoid, pisses me off that after every gig they end it with paranoid. I'd start the show with it to get the crowd going then leave them guessing for the encore. They used to open with it back in 1970-71. Sick of hearing my generation as well, great song but I normally skip that one as its done to death.

Back in my band days we once did a gig where some mod kid kept shouting a request for My Generation. We hadn't rehearsed it, in fact none of us had ever played it at all. 

In the end we gave in and did it - as a slow blues. Worked amazingly well. 

The Who are a band I should really like but for one reason or another they just don't do it for me.

On a similar note, I could easily listen to The Who right now and enjoy them, however, if you told me I could never listen to them again I wouldn't even flinch.

I hate idiots who only go to gigs to hear one song or keep shouting for the most popular one, it would piss me off to the point where I'd play it first song or not play it at all. The who are a funny band, they stand alone in a category imo. You can group bands together but I don't think there is a band like The who. I'm a big fan of them but some albums don't do it for me. On the point of songs, if smoke on the water comes on the radio gets switched, So bloody boring.

I hate idiots who only go to gigs to hear one song or keep shouting for the most popular one, it would piss me off to the point where I'd play it first song or not play it at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVSTr7rb1_Y

:D

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â