Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

What's gone on with that 'missing' plane? Might be something mundane like pilot or mechanical error. Such a grim business.

Bit weird isn't it? (and terrifying, imo!!)

Sounds like some sort of catastrophic failure, probably mechanical. There was no may day before it disappeared, which means it must have gone down instantly.

Strange

I was reading an article about possible scenarios one of which was pilot suicide. It's very rare and reports are often reluctant to give this as the official cause. I always thought the other pilot would take control if something like that happened.

the Silk Air one where exactly that did happen the airline are still trying to sue Boeing if I recall saying it was a plane failure rather than admit what happened

it is a very strange one as they now think the plane is on the other side of Malaysia as it was tracked by military radar   ... and yet not a squeak from the cockpit  ... closest one to that i can think of was the Korean Flight that the Russians shot down as they had entered the transponder info incorrectly and were hundreds of miles off course and in Russian air space (and also be shadowed by a US spy plane as it turned out )  but this plane seems to have physically turned around rather than going off course ...

the Silk Air one where exactly that did happen the airline are still trying to sue Boeing if I recall saying it was a plane failure rather than admit what happened

it is a very strange one as they now think the plane is on the other side of Malaysia as it was tracked by military radar   ... and yet not a squeak from the cockpit  ... closest one to that i can think of was the Korean Flight that the Russians shot down as they had entered the transponder info incorrectly and were hundreds of miles off course and in Russian air space (and also be shadowed by a US spy plane as it turned out )  but this plane seems to have physically turned around rather than going off course ...

Completely off the scale, but I was once on a flight and the pilot announced we were going to stop in Egypt for fuel. As we were flying over the med he came back on air and said, for the eagle eyed you'll see we're over the med, we're going to Cyprus for fuel now.

Later, having fuelled up and being in the air he came back on the tannoy to say 'for those that know their airports, yes, that was Athens'.

I hadn't realised it was quite so random up there.

What's gone on with that 'missing' plane? Might be something mundane like pilot or mechanical error. Such a grim business.

Bit weird isn't it? (and terrifying, imo!!)

Sounds like some sort of catastrophic failure, probably mechanical. There was no may day before it disappeared, which means it must have gone down instantly.

Strange

I was reading an article about possible scenarios one of which was pilot suicide. It's very rare and reports are often reluctant to give this as the official cause. I always thought the other pilot would take control if something like that happened.

EgyptAir 990 is another one. The captain went to the toilet and the first officer might have ditched it. The Egyptians say it was mechanical failure, the Americans say deliberate crash,

I hadn't realised it was quite so random up there.

talking of random  , I like it when you fly off the beaten track  a little

You have a ticket for a flight that is due to depart at 11:00 .. you get to the airport at 9:30 and its' closed not a soul around  ,sometimes a janitor might appear cleaning the building but certainly not a plane to be seen  or anyone that can speak the lingo

After the initial panic of have i got the right day ,or  even the right airport  you call back home (you have no internet) and get someone to check the web and even ring the airline and  inform you that yes the flight is still departing at 11:00 and that the airline hasn't gone bankrupt  ..

but still not a soul to be seen

then around 14:00 all these people just appear out of nowhere , the airport fireman turn up , the check in staff  and about 40 taxi drivers just appear out of nowhere  .. 14:15 a plane lands  and at 15:30 you are on your way and everyone and his dog knew about this revised departure time expect the 2 Brits

it's what i love about travel sometime  :)

Edited by tonyh29

Has anyone ever sat through a alternative commentary dvd extra?

I always think they're a great idea and then get 5 minutes in and get bored.

I think for a film or show where you're a huge huge fan, then they're decent, and even then only if its insightful.

Something like The Ringer with commentary from Johnny Knoxville isn't going to be worth it

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â