Qwpzxjor1

On 25/09/2024 at 12:50, MrBlack said:

This Everton team is more like the quality of our team that got relegated. It took us 5 years to get from there to where we are now. 

I think @oishiiniku_uk is right in saying that it will take them 5 years to be challenging the top 6/7.

If they avoid relegation, maybe they could cut a year or two out of that timeline, but that's a big if at the moment.  There's a lot they have to sort out. We just needed to get rid of our manager. 

I be shocked if they are challenging the top 8 in next 5 years. The owners have taken Roma down the table since taking over

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

5 years is a long time. They have the potential to be top 8 club.

It is but Roma are potentially a top 4 club in Italy and after near 5 years they are nowhere near that under this ownership

Not to mention the competition in Premier League is more financially fierce

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

It is but Roma are potentially a top 4 club in Italy and after near 5 years they are nowhere near that under this ownership

Not to mention the competition in Premier League is more financially fierce

Agreed. I should have said a minimum.  And it assumes they get everything right. We have had very very few failures in our path to the top. Our midfield cost virtually nothing.  And when we did get things wrong (Gerrard) we relatively quickly resolved it with the best fix possible.

They're at least 5 years (or maybe 4 if they stay up) from there,  and probably a lot more.

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Agreed. I should have said a minimum.  And it assumes they get everything right. We have had very very few failures in our path to the top. Our midfield cost virtually nothing.  And when we did get things wrong (Gerrard) we relatively quickly resolved it with the best fix possible.

They're at least 5 years (or maybe 4 if they stay up) from there,  and probably a lot more.

I think you have to do more than just look at us or them or even Newcastle 

The reality is we got top 4 because man utd and Chelsea dropped out because they're run like a circus 

If we keep our shit together, if Newcastle slowly build, assuming spurs, city, Liverpool and arsenal all stay up there, man utd and Chelsea eventually turn it around...we can't all be top 4...

The only way Everton do it is if someone drops off, that's how it always is, that's the thing about the PL and the competitiveness, it's competitive because 2 clubs spent £3bn on shit players 

On 23/09/2024 at 23:25, Zatman said:

Rumours the new owners are chasing Southgate😂

Oh please please pleeeeeaaaassseeee let him get a Premier League job! I cannot wait to see that cowardly buffoon try his England Manager act after a couple of crap results in the Prem.

It was all too easy for him to act like Billy big bollocks when Jude Bellingham or Harry Kane nicked him a 1-0 win, but I’d love to see him spinning his excuses after bad performance after bad performance in the Prem.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think you have to do more than just look at us or them or even Newcastle 

The reality is we got top 4 because man utd and Chelsea dropped out because they're run like a circus 

If we keep our shit together, if Newcastle slowly build, assuming spurs, city, Liverpool and arsenal all stay up there, man utd and Chelsea eventually turn it around...we can't all be top 4...

The only way Everton do it is if someone drops off, that's how it always is, that's the thing about the PL and the competitiveness, it's competitive because 2 clubs spent £3bn on shit players 

I didn't say top 4... we're talking about joining the likes of Newcastle and us in challenging the top 6. And yes, they might even then not finish in it due to any 6 of the other 8 clubs doing the same may out perform them.

However you define us, Newcastle, Spurs, et al, they're a long way and many years from it

Everton supporters are expecting the Friedkin Group to be much better than the current owners, but they've made a bit of a mess of Roma, haven't they? I didn't realize they'd spent a ton of money (and been fined by UEFA for it) but not made any real progress in Serie A. They also replaced Mourinho, who was loved by the fans, with a former club legend (Daniele De Rossi) seemingly in order to appease the ultras. They then gave De Rossi a permanent contract in June and have now had to bin him off a few games into this season. They don't appear to be the best strategists, so far...

I think Everton's season is going to be defined by how much they're able to spend in January (or how much their new owners are willing to gamble in relation to their PSR position).

• Like 1

Now I know it won't completley ruin a good old traditional club I want them to get relegated even more.

They definitely need a turn down there.  They don't deserve to be a Prem ever present with hosw shit they've regularly been.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â