Qwpzxjor1

A disgraceful managerial performance by a complete charlatan of a manager. It was so clear we were struggling with the counter and this dinosaur decided put on some defensive players and not counter attack

Makes McLeish look proactive

Edited by Zatman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

This really. It's so archaic watching them, he's just killed any flair or invention those players have. When they got it down and played they looked ok, but the hoofing and over-physical nature just doesn't work now.

Playing 8-1-1 for 15 minutes and then 9-0-1 for 75 was only ever going to end one way.

I still think they'll stay up - the 3 promoted teams look a level below

I don't think that's fair on Dyche. He's a very intelligent manager but he's a lot more than he's given credit for. He tries to build a whole culture around the club, but he does it at a much lower level than most. His record across all clubs has been consistent, but what he's managed to achieve with that Burnley team, far and above the players he had.

Everton have spent 5+ years in the situation where we were when we went down. A squad full of shit, ambitions above their station, ridiculous contracts, players that don't care. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I don't think that's fair on Dyche. He's a very intelligent manager but he's a lot more than he's given credit for. He tries to build a whole culture around the club, but he does it at a much lower level than most. His record across all clubs has been consistent, but what he's managed to achieve with that Burnley team, far and above the players he had.

Everton have spent 5+ years in the situation where we were when we went down. A squad full of shit, ambitions above their station, ridiculous contracts, players that don't care. 

Agreed. They should definitely destabilize the one thing that they have at this point, which is a coach who knows waht he's doing. That's their best plan. People are willing to bite your arm off to take THAT job.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pinebro said:

The promoted sides just can't win a game. Out of 36 they have assembled a combined amout of 4 points so far.

Still think Everton will be fine

Ipswich getting a 0-0 at Brighton is a decent result nowadays. I think they'll win a few against teams around them as the season goes on.

Leicester are pretty dogged, we outplayed them for 70 minutes and were hanging on a bit at the end. Plenty of premier league experience in their team and scored in all four games.

I don't think those two will be as bad as Sheffield United and Burnley were (Luton gave it their all but just ran out of players in last two months). S

Southampton the only real no hoper so far given they can't score and are too easy to play against and score past.

Everton need to be very concerned. Lose at Leicester next weekend and they'll already be five points off Leicester with a far inferior GD.

4 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

It's scarily like our relegation season atm. We actually started ok performance wise but then the more games that go against you it eventually crushes you. Luckily for them they probably have a decent dressing room and at least the manager is somewhat competent if not extremely limited. 

I think Dyche is gone if they lose next weekend. Probably an SOS to Moyes but if he dosen't want it I don't see who else they can realistically turn to without it being a major gamble.

28 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Agreed. They should definitely destabilize the one thing that they have at this point, which is a coach who knows waht he's doing. That's their best plan. People are willing to bite your arm off to take THAT job.

They can't keep losing every week otherwise they will be 5-6 points off at least one of the promoted teams very soon. We saw in 15/16 that once you hit October/November and you're still losing the gap to even 15th-16th grows considerably.

I believe Moyes's family home is in the North West so after managing in London for last 5-6 years he probably fancies a gig closer to home now. Everton means a lot to him after spending over a decade there and chance to keep them up and then lead them into the new era at BMD. He showed at West Ham he's more than capable still of organising teams so you'd fancy them to keep some clean sheets once Jarrad Branthwaite is fit again.

If he is sounded out and genuinely wants the job I'd expect him back around October.

Edit: If they're thinking more of a Remi Garde type gamble that's a far bigger call and you probably give Dyche Leicester away and two home games to see if he can finally get some wins.

Edited by VillaChris

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They can't keep losing every week otherwise they will be 5-6 points off at least one of the promoted teams very soon. We saw in 15/16 that once you hit October/November and you're still losing the gap to even 15th-16th grows considerably.

I believe Moyes's family home is in the North West so after managing in London for last 5-6 years he probably fancies a gig closer to home now. Everton means a lot to him after spending over a decade there and chance to keep them up and then lead them into the new era at BMD. He showed at West Ham he's more than capable still of organising teams so you'd fancy them to keep some clean sheets once Jarrad Branthwaite is fit again.

If he is sounded out and genuinely wants the job I'd expect him back around October.

Edit: If they're thinking more of a Remi Garde type gamble that's a far bigger call and you probably give Dyche Leicester away and two home games to see if he can finally get some wins.

is there something Moyes can do with Brathwaite that Dyche can't? You'll pay Dyche to have him **** off, and Moyes won't be cheap. it's change for the sake of.

I'm in two minds about Everton. Was previously convinced they'd do enough to stay up but not sure now. Feel like a rot has set in that'll be very hard to reverse. Hard to see how they come back mentally from throwing away a 2-0 lead two game weeks in a row.

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Dyche teams shouldn't be allowed in the same league as Unai Emery teams.

He's a disgrace.

No football. All anti-football.

Imagine paying money to watch that.

He's got midfielders at fullbacks. A 56 year old Ashley Young and Michael Keane. They're scoring goals tbf. I really don't know what more you expect.

• Like 1

They were pretty hard to breakdown and scored 2 goals. 

We are a very very very good team. They'll do better against plenty of lesser teams in this league. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure what game some of their fans watched. Reading the forum, some think we weren't that much better than them. 

I totally disagree. The fact they went 2 up was daylight robbery. They'd hardly touched the ball for half hour. 

If we put away the chances we created, on another day Ollie scores 4, it would have been a 5 or 6-2 win. 

Yes, DCL had a couple of chances but their style of play is hideous. It was like watching Wimbledon in the mid-90s.

Will take a lot to come back from losing 2 games like they have. I think they are going down this season. 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's got midfielders at fullbacks. A 56 year old Ashley Young and Michael Keane. They're scoring goals tbf. I really don't know what more you expect.

He signed Young and they spent 20 million on a centre back and he continues to use Keane possibly one of worst centre backs about

All thats on Dyche

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

They were pretty hard to breakdown and scored 2 goals. 

We are a very very very good team. They'll do better against plenty of lesser teams in this league. 

They are conceding 3 goals a game on average so far. It took our farcical relegation 9 games to concede as much as Everton have so far

We carved through them so many times and better finishing and we put 6 or 7 past them

I'd be more concerned at yesterday than I would be about Bournemouth previously.

They played well for 85 minutes against Bournemouth and blew it - it does, very occasionally, happen. But you'd expect a reaction, something as a fan that you can take from the next match - and they were just really, really poor from 1-90.

7 at the back, aimless clearances and at 2-0 up made no attempt to kill the game off other than Pickford taking an age over dead balls and sitting in and letting us have the ball for 80% of the time. Good teams and players will find a way through 9 games out of 10. When the best teams go 1 or 2 goals up there's often no way back - Arsenal completely shut us out 3 weeks ago by playing in our half and keeping the ball.

They're in huge trouble, but I still think they'll scrape enough dire 1-0 wins to stay up, mainly due to the fact I can't see the promoted 3 getting near 30 points again, but if one of them gets a run together and gets 30-33 points then Everton are going to have some very difficult weeks in April/May

• Like 2

Ipswich and Leicester seem to have more about them than Everton at the moment and more tactically shrewd managers.

Ipswich for example have 2 points more and a 6 goal difference better off and they played Liverpool, City and Brighton so far

• Thanks 1

When Cooper was sacked by Forest last season they were two points behind Everton, but it would have been twelve points without Everton's ten points deduction, whilst Cooper was Forest manager, and Dyche was Everton manager at the same time, Everton picked up sixteen more points than Forest, across a period of thirty-five games, so am not sure how more tactically astute Cooper is than Dyche

Everton only had one point after four games last season, and that was a draw to Sheffield United, but ended the season on forty points, would have been forty-eight points without points deduction, the same as Brighton and Bournemouth

Before yesterday's game I was concerned, as often teams bounce back well from results or circumstances like they had in their last fixture against Bournemouth, and then when they went 2-0 up again, I thought there's no way they're going to throw away another two goal lead after what happened the last time out, the fact that they did isn't a good sign, yesterday could have been a turning point for them, but instead it surely added to their doubts

On paper they've got a run of eight  games coming up where in theory they should be capable of getting a decent haul of points, and they needed to as they have a very tough December, play five of the so called top six that month

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â