Qwpzxjor1

4 hours ago, picicata said:

Won't any new owner be saddled with the debt of the shiny new stadium though?

Everton fans seem to have a problem with us, though I suspect that's because we are similar in size and history, but I do feel sorry for them. It's shit watching a club you love be run into the ground by a bunch of idiots as well we know.

They're what we were a decade ago pretty much. Just checked back to our results between August-October 2014. Actually started well with 10 points from first 4 games and then Tom Fox hilarious awarded Lambert a new deal which instanty resulted in us not winning until the December and not scoring in 7-8 games.

We still stayed up that season and reached the cup final.

Of course the 80 quid tickets can't be condoned but on the pitch we are now lightyears ahead of where we were even five years ago so things can change eventually in Football.

What Everton need to do is get new ownership and then invest in young players and be patient as the core of our team that got us in CL were all players signed in the 2018-20 period and hardly any of them were proven at top level (SJM, Kons, Ollie, Cash, Emi).

That's the only formula that can get them back consolidated in the top half but I fear they'll have to suffer a relegation to really cleanse themselves first as we did.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They're what we were a decade ago pretty much. Just checked back to our results between August-October 2014. Actually started well with 10 points from first 4 games and then Tom Fox hilarious awarded Lambert a new deal which instanty resulted in us not winning until the December and not scoring in 7-8 games.

New 80k a week deal for Gabby as well as I remember it.

I do have a distinct memory of enjoying a chant of "were Aston Villa, we score once a month" around that time, so there's that I suppose

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

New 80k a week deal for Gabby as well as I remember it.

I do have a distinct memory of enjoying a chant of "were Aston Villa, we score once a month" around that time, so there's that I suppose

I think that was the season we probably should have gone down, we beat Arsenal away, Man City, a point at Liverpool, Chelsea and a high flying Southampton away... We finished 4 points above the drop and got 13 points from those fixtures when honestly with that sack of shite team 0-2 points would be more the norm.

1 hour ago, Daveburnside said:

The new stadium looks rather naff. Done on the cheap I imagine.

I thought the original plans they released looked good but there in lies the problem, everything seems to go down hill when you’re in their possition. Including being vulnerable to take over from chancers like Xia, we got very lucky, eventually, there aren’t many NSWEs about though! 

I'd imagine the final bill will be around £1 billion. But you're right I'd guess all the finishes, small details will be IKEA's finest to try to save costs as the balance sheet is in the toilet. 

It's a nice location, will look great for the spring months and I imagine the plan is to eventually build restaurants/social settings around it to make it a different experience to Goodison/Anfield currently.

Look at how everything has sprung up around Wembley in the last day, now it's a stadium bang in the middle of an entertainment and housing complex.

5 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Looks great on the outside.

On the inside it could be any other "Euro-bowl" like Southampton, Leicester, Middlesborough etc. 

One great thing about Goodison is the teams running up the steps like so many of the European grounds to come onto the pitch so would be cool if they build the dressing rooms below pitch level and had the same at BMD. Those little things that keep tradition and show a ground is a little different to all those identikit ones you mention. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Reports Textor is close to a takeover which would solve their financial issues. As expected rumours of their demise were greatly exaggerated.

So he's quickly selling his stake in Palace then, reports were it might take until January to sort out.

They'll just trade players endlessly with Lyon I bet. Jake O'Brien was actually a Palace youth and went to Lyon before joining Everton along with Mangala so that's the first two.

Absolutely awful under funded team. Terrible manager, they wilt under pressure, fans kicking off reminiscent of us in 2016.  Can't score, cant defend. 

Aston Villa 0 : 1 Everton ('89 Onana o.g.)

The promoted sides just can't win a game. Out of 36 they have assembled a combined amout of 4 points so far.

Still think Everton will be fine

Edited by Pinebro

It's scarily like our relegation season atm. We actually started ok performance wise but then the more games that go against you it eventually crushes you. Luckily for them they probably have a decent dressing room and at least the manager is somewhat competent if not extremely limited. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Any club who thinks Dyche is the answer in 2024 deserves what they are getting.

This really. It's so archaic watching them, he's just killed any flair or invention those players have. When they got it down and played they looked ok, but the hoofing and over-physical nature just doesn't work now.

Playing 8-1-1 for 15 minutes and then 9-0-1 for 75 was only ever going to end one way.

I still think they'll stay up - the 3 promoted teams look a level below

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â