Qwpzxjor1

14 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

The only Villa fans that need to watch this video were the ones who were under the age of ten when it happened. This game is burned into the core memories of every Villa fan alive. The first PL goal for Jack followed by the worldie from Gil. Then the inevitable claw back from Leicester City. To top it off, our manager standing on the sidelines absolutely clueless.  

I just gave you that recap off the dome. Have never watched it back all these years later. 

This is the match where Tim Sherwood does that weird waving of his arms around in some supposed tactical masterclass. We were winning 2-0 at the time.  I will never forget that.

a barclays premier league game is being shown live on nbc

I think Dyche is tactically better and more pragmatic than Sherwood so Everton will stay up.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

On 03/09/2024 at 06:01, Delphinho123 said:

They’ll get out of it. Leicester will be docked points and are poor in general and Southampton/Ipswich are garbage. 

You have to be very, very bad nowadays to get relegated ahead of the 3 teams that are promoted. The gulf between the PL and Championship is massive. 

"Leicester have won an appeal against a decision that could have led to a points deduction for an alleged breach of Premier League profit and sustainability rules (PSR).
An independent panel found the Premier League did not have the jurisdiction to punish the Foxes as the club had been relegated to the EFL Championship when their accounting period ended on 30 June 2023.
The Premier League said it was "surprised and disappointed" by the panel's decision."

(Link:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ckg54xkqnzlo)

The newly promoted sides will always be down there, really, but I think Everton absolutely could drop this season.

17 hours ago, ender4 said:

This is the match where Tim Sherwood does that weird waving of his arms around in some supposed tactical masterclass. We were winning 2-0 at the time.  I will never forget that.

a barclays premier league game is being shown live on nbc

I think Dyche is tactically better and more pragmatic than Sherwood so Everton will stay up.

I’m not sure If Everton will stay up this season but I hope they do, as I have always thought that they are a proper club and have a soft spot for them unlike the lot from across Stanley Park. That doesn’t extend to doing them any favours next weekend though obviously! UTV!!!!

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

There are other transgressors with plenty of charges against them to get stuck into! It’s o coincidence that NSWE reached straight for their lawyer at any sniff of danger. Which hopefully has now gone away. 🤞UTV!!!!

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

There are other transgressors with plenty of charges against them to get stuck into! It’s o coincidence that NSWE reached straight for their lawyer at any sniff of danger. Which hopefully has now gone away. 🤞UTV!!!!

What's this about?

8 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Another points deduction for Everton after Leicester we’re cleared. 

Sorry, I meant the section about NSWE for a lawyer. I'd not read / heard about that before.

22 hours ago, bobzy said:

"Leicester have won an appeal against a decision that could have led to a points deduction for an alleged breach of Premier League profit and sustainability rules (PSR).
An independent panel found the Premier League did not have the jurisdiction to punish the Foxes as the club had been relegated to the EFL Championship when their accounting period ended on 30 June 2023.
The Premier League said it was "surprised and disappointed" by the panel's decision."

(Link:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ckg54xkqnzlo)

The newly promoted sides will always be down there, really, but I think Everton absolutely could drop this season.

Leicester have won their case regarding their historical breach, but they will still be assessed along with every other club in December for the current year, so there's still some possibility of a deduction (albeit it would probably be 4-6 points rather than the 10+ they might have been looking at in the two cases scenario). 

I think the phrase' kicking the can down the road' is apt here. They are completely screwed, regardless of whether they get a points deduction or not.

5 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

I think the phrase' kicking the can down the road' is apt here. They are completely screwed, regardless of whether they get a points deduction or not.

You never know, maybe the horse will sing (maybe they get a new owner before they are forced into administration, however unlikely that sounds). 

Edited by HanoiVillan

15 hours ago, Avfc96 said:

It all depends if they can get a buyer. If they do they'll be fine and FWIW I think they will because they have the shiny new stadium that will attract a new owner.

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

It all depends if they can get a buyer. If they do they'll be fine and FWIW I think they will because they have the shiny new stadium that will attract a new owner.

Won't any new owner be saddled with the debt of the shiny new stadium though?

Everton fans seem to have a problem with us, though I suspect that's because we are similar in size and history, but I do feel sorry for them. It's shit watching a club you love be run into the ground by a bunch of idiots as well we know.

28 minutes ago, picicata said:

Won't any new owner be saddled with the debt of the shiny new stadium though?

Depends, If I was a prospective owner I would wait for the financial issues to come to a head and see what pans out. Probably hope they get relegated and then get them on the cheap, even if they were in the championship. However anyone rich enough to buy them will most likely not need to go hunting a bargain, they would just be happy to buy a premier league club with a the new stadium. As a long term investment, with that stadium you should be able to pay it off over the long term and still be able to stay in the PL.

29 minutes ago, picicata said:

Everton fans seem to have a problem with us,

I remember when we bought Dinge they were like, why is he taking a step down etc.. Then they were all gleeful when we were on the brink of going into administration! Their fans are spunk trumpets. While i wouldn't wish going bust on any team, their fans always come across as entitled and think going down would put them in their box!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, calcifer said:

I remember when we bought Dinge they were like, why is he taking a step down etc.. Then they were all gleeful when we were on the brink of going into administration! Their fans are spunk trumpets. While i wouldn't wish going bust on any team, their fans always come across as entitled and think going down would put them in their box!

Well they are Scousers so you can only expect so much. I prefer them to the lot from across Stanley Park. They always come across as a proper club to me, with the afore mentioned caveats of course. UTV!!!!!

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â