Qwpzxjor1

On 20/07/2024 at 09:39, villa89 said:

Now any buyer will wait for administration to resolve the debts first and then buy what's left. If you buy them now you'd be liable for the debts. 

To be clear Administration doesn't resolve the debts.  Administrators take control of the company with the intention of providing the best value for the debtors.  They can do certain things the normal management cannot, but they don't have a magic want to write off debts.  If they can see a way to keep the company trading and solvent they will attempt to do that and eventually hand the company back to the original directors.

When a company has massive unsustainable debts though it's extremely difficult to see how they can do that.  In that case they then liquidate the company and sell whatever assets remain for the benefit of the debtors.

There is an enormous difference between Administration and Liquidation.  The result of liquidation is the club no longer exists, like Rangers, Wasps and Worcester Rugby and cannot just re-commence trading in the same league as they were.  a new company has to be formed and start from the bottom.

Now there may be benefits to a buyer buying the club out of administration that will make it ore attractive to do it that way.  Perhaps it forces the hand of the current owners to lower their expectations of what they might received, because they'll probably end up with nothing if it's liquidated.  However as we've seen with other clubs once the debts are unsustainable it's almost an inevitability that liquidation follows.

I'm still amazed that some incredibly rich middle eastern buyer hasn't thrown their hat in though.  Pay the £1.1bn for the new toy.  it's still a big club with potential to compete if run correctly as we've shown.

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm still amazed that some incredibly rich middle eastern buyer hasn't thrown their hat in though.  Pay the £1.1bn for the new toy.  it's still a big club with potential to compete if run correctly as we've shown.

Liverpool are probably a factor here. Liverpool will always be the marquee team. Everton's ceiling is that of West Ham 6/7th - best of the rest territory. Billionaires mainly expect their club to be the next Man City.

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

To be clear Administration doesn't resolve the debts.  Administrators take control of the company with the intention of providing the best value for the debtors.

I'm no finance expert (as my bank account currently shows), but don't administrators try to negotiate the debt to creditors? - AKA 50p in every pound is paid back? This would wipe off hundreds of million of pounds for any potential purchaser.  

Edited by pas5898
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pas5898 said:

Liverpool are probably a factor here. Liverpool will always be the marquee team. Everton's ceiling is that of West Ham 6/7th - best of the rest territory. Billionaires mainly expect their club to be the next Man City.

I'm no finance expert (as my bank account currently shows), but don't administrators try to negotiate the debt to creditors? - AKA 50p in every pound is paid back? This would wipe off hundreds of million of pounds for any potential purchaser.  

Agree with the Liverpool factor, caps their growth but that's because I don't think buyers do seem themselves as the new man city, there's a pretence that everyone wants to be the new man city but I think the reality is that these billionaires want their £1.1m investment to be worth £1.5bn in ten years time

Our owners have done that, if they sold us tomorrow they'd make profit 

Everton are seemingly a huge investment risk, stadium actually being done probably doesn't help, you're already paying for that potential 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

They can try and negotiate with the creditors.  The question is can they negotiate with them any better than the existing management did. Maybe, maybe not. The creditors already know their best option of getting money back is to allow the company to keep trading and pay them back over time.  If its got to the stage that administrators are called in the creditors have probably already made up their mind it's a dead loss and are just waiting for liquidation to try and recover the crumbs. 

I'm only a layman too. I'm sure any Bankers or Accountants on here could speak with more authority than me. 

I've just had more clients than I'd like go into administration and gone through the journey with them. 

What I will say is I've got views on administrators. I've not had one single client, or seen colleagues clients go into administration and come out of the other side.  They are ALWAYS broken up or liquidated.  And MASSIVE fees are charged along the way. 

The last one I had was a very substantial company. A name a lot of people on here would know. The administrator sold off bits of what was still a money making company for peanuts then liquidated the rest.  At the time they had an extremely big legal case in court which if won would have wiped tens of millions off the debts. It was due to be finalised just a few weeks after the liquidation was official, they could have waited for the outcome of that but didn't.  A few weeks later the case was won and that would have saved the liquidation but it was too late.  

I should say what administrators can to is to continue trading a technically insolvent business if they see a way through, management cannot do that or they're breaking the law. 

Edited by sidcow

17 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Look like they are signing Jake O'Brien from Lyon, don't know the fee but surely they shouldn't be spending much. Will be a good signing for them, he is huge and really quick. 

Shame I’d like us to sign him 

• Shocked 1

57 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Look like they are signing Jake O'Brien from Lyon, don't know the fee but surely they shouldn't be spending much. Will be a good signing for them, he is huge and really quick. 

Saw a bit of him early last season when Lyon were at the bottom and he was a walking mistake every game with giving away penalties and own goals, reminded me of when Ridgewell first broke through with us. Don't think he's ready at all for the prem so guessing he'll be cover and then train him up when Branthwaite moves on.

Only two caps for ROI so far and not like they've got endless top tier CBs to call upon.

Everton going down the young and hungry route and hoping 2-3 signings come off, where have we seen that method applied before....

On 25/07/2024 at 12:46, pas5898 said:

Their ceiling is the same as ours. 

I think they’ll go down this season, which could bring a whole world of trouble, there’s a notion that a club can be too big to go bust, well Bordeaux have truly exposed that myth recently. I’d be bricking it if I was an Evertonian.

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Textor is looking to buy Everton. Maybe good for the deal to park a player there

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Saw a bit of him early last season when Lyon were at the bottom and he was a walking mistake every game with giving away penalties and own goals, reminded me of when Ridgewell first broke through with us. Don't think he's ready at all for the prem so guessing he'll be cover and then train him up when Branthwaite moves on.

Only two caps for ROI so far and not like they've got endless top tier CBs to call upon.

Everton going down the young and hungry route and hoping 2-3 signings come off, where have we seen that method applied before....

Think you might have your players mixed up, he didnt score an own goal last season and he came into the Lyon team when bottom of the league and helped bring the recovery. He might have even won player of the season and has been linked to Juventus and Ajax recently. He seems more of a solid no nonsense centre back so would probably suit Everton though its a downgrade of a move

He would have more caps but Ireland managers are stubborn and we had 3 players in Premier League last season so they were more important for the idiot OShea

• Like 1

On 25/07/2024 at 20:03, villa4europe said:

Agree with the Liverpool factor, caps their growth but that's because I don't think buyers do seem themselves as the new man city, there's a pretence that everyone wants to be the new man city but I think the reality is that these billionaires want their £1.1m investment to be worth £1.5bn in ten years time

Our owners have done that, if they sold us tomorrow they'd make profit 

Everton are seemingly a huge investment risk, stadium actually being done probably doesn't help, you're already paying for that potential 

The current PSR situation has no doubt cooled interest in buying a club like Everton that has extensive debts and relatively low revenue. The current rules don't allow someone to bankroll a club to success in the short-term so a new owner would have to be ok with slow, incremental progress (at best). More appealing to investors who want a PL club as part of a large portfolio than a nation state looking to do some sport-washing/soft power maneuvering. 

On 27/07/2024 at 19:05, bannedfromHandV said:

I think they’ll go down this season, which could bring a whole world of trouble, there’s a notion that a club can be too big to go bust, well Bordeaux have truly exposed that myth recently. I’d be bricking it if I was an Evertonian.

They'll scrape together enough points to stay up. They always do.

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

They'll scrape together enough points to stay up. They always do.

So did Southampton, Sunderland and even us back in the day

Smoked by Coventry tonight lol still think they’ll be poorer teams than them this season 

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Has Tim played much? Think Gana is injured so Tim could well be starting in the opening weeks which will be a big test for him.

played a game and a half already

11 minutes ago, Giro said:

Smoked by Coventry tonight lol still think they’ll be poorer teams than them this season 

pre-season isnt the be all and end all but you can certainly feel if something is wrong and it seems like something is in the squad

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

You can only circle the drain for so long before you either get away or it gets you.

They got away last season. They were comfortably midtable if not for the points deduction. With 5th best defence in the league.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â