dudevillaisnice

7 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

If they sort their ownership there is no reason they couldn't finish in the top 7 or 8 in the next few years and then push on to the top 6. Conversely, it's not hard to imagine us finishing between 6th and 8th at some point in that period, and that would make Everton a relatively close rival again. 

They are certainly more of a potential threat than Kidderminster for example.

dont disagree with the 2nd bit as much as it pains me being from kiddy

but i dont agree with the fist bit, they need a top to bottom overhaul, to be fair newcastle showed what the wave of good times can do but i just dont see it under dyche and with that squad

for whatever reason, mainly everton being everton, i can also see them getting a member of the SA royal family in the same way that barnsley and sheffield utd or whoever it is has one

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

If every club got their owners sorted...

Well, no, there's nothing wrong with the owners of Brighton, Brentford, Arsenal, and many others.....

Everton have all the makings of a top 6 club but they are terribly run. They get good owners and they can challenge again. 

Not remotely the same for "every club".

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its Everton all over though isn't it, get the stadium and they will be alright, it makes them an attractive proposition and will fire them back in to the big time, they just need that big shiny new stadium, everything is the stadium

just don't look at the manager, or the squad, or the other areas they neglected while they were blinkered by the stadium such as the training ground and the academy....

they're 10 years behind us and that's assuming they make a lot of good decisions, which lets face it we made 1 or 2 massive decisions that we got spot on to the point where you could argue we were lucky

They'll finish above us in the league in a far shorter timeframe than 10 years.

They've been really bad lately but still somehow stayed up so you feel if they can wrap up a takeover by September they've got over the worst of being a serious relegation candidate and then moved back up to mid table.

Infact without the points deductions they were comfortable mid table last year and that was with an average first 11 and hardly any good backup players.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

dont disagree with the 2nd bit as much as it pains me being from kiddy

but i dont agree with the fist bit, they need a top to bottom overhaul, to be fair newcastle showed what the wave of good times can do but i just dont see it under dyche and with that squad

for whatever reason, mainly everton being everton, i can also see them getting a member of the SA royal family in the same way that barnsley and sheffield utd or whoever it is has one

A new ownership would bring in new players and management. I can't believe any football fan would seriously deny that a club like Everton, if properly ran, could be a threat to the top 6. 

Of course they could. They have the history, fan base and stadium.

Only a handful of clubs can say that.

They just need new owners. Which they will get. 

Edited by GlobalVillan

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

They just need new owners. Which they will get. 

they just need new owners

a new CEO

a new DOF

a new manager

new players

a new academy

a new training ground

i mean its possible...we did it in 5 years from a lower starting position but again we could have gone a lot further backwards with gerrard, all of our success hinged on emery

the other thing that's important is that for them to get top 6 you would need a current top 6 team to drop out and I'm looking at it thinking city and arsenal will be fine, liverpool's drop wont be as bad as people think, spurs will be boring but still top 6, utd and chelsea will get better (!) so thats us brighton and newcastle, west ham will be interesting too and palace if they keep everyone could be alright....there's a lot of good teams up there for them to get better than

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

they just need new owners

a new CEO

a new DOF

a new manager

new players

a new academy

a new training ground

i mean its possible...we did it in 5 years from a lower starting position but again we could have gone a lot further backwards with gerrard, all of our success hinged on emery

the other thing that's important is that for them to get top 6 you would need a current top 6 team to drop out and I'm looking at it thinking city and arsenal will be fine, liverpool's drop wont be as bad as people think, spurs will be boring but still top 6, utd and chelsea will get better (!) so thats us brighton and newcastle, west ham will be interesting too and palace if they keep everyone could be alright....there's a lot of good teams up there for them to get better than

My point was that if they got new, good ownership they would sort all those issues out in the coming years and, could, become a threat to us.

It's hardly a ridiculous proposition. If they sort their ownership out. Which was the crux of my initial post.

They are a big club, badly run. That's all.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

It's 52k capacity the new ground isn't it?

Surprised it's only about 10k bigger than Goodison. However way they've fallen behind in last 30 years is lack of corporate facilities so guessing they'll have club level mid tier like all the new grounds do.

It's a very low bar but looks like they have higher calibre interested takeover parties compared to 777.

Easily expandable to 62k though. The money they will generate from a modern stadium.plus if the get the  right owners plus manager they couid be force to be reckoned with in the next 5 years. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Your joking? Did they not learn of the failures we and newcastle had 😂

Guess absolutely desperate for investment 

Leverkusen did OK

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

I could easily see them doing a Man City where some rich owner sets them up in their new stadium and tries to challenge like us and Newcastle are. The fact the stadium is ready to go makes them hugely attractive. 

Also new owners could sell the stadium to themselves for £500-600m and give themselves a massive transfer kitty to completely transform their team.

• Thanks 1

It's worse for them now compared to when Moshiri took over Kenwright, but in some ways it's very similar.

How long before their fans are hounding out the next manager or DOF, because they're not challenging for the top 4 straight away. Think of how many managers and DOF's they went through in the years after Moshiri took over. Must have been 1 at least per season.

That stadium isn't some sort of golden bullet to guaranteed success, short or long term. 

Good news for Everton fans is that Friedkin is not shy to pump serious money into the club. Since taking over at Roma they put in over 800m euros.

Obviously they need a lot to pay off existing debts at Everton, but once that is done and new stadium is up an running I would expect Everton to be serious challengers for that top 7-8 places.

Edited by Czarnikjak

Â