Qwpzxjor1

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Have improved quite significantly in recent weeks haven't they? Playing with confidence now, guess it helps that DCL is staying fit and Doucoure is on form. 

Not sure when this punishment verdict is going to come, but they're on 14 points now so even if they got docked 12 as rumoured, they'd only be 4 points behind Luton in 18th and on current form you wouldn't expect them to be in any real danger, they'd make that up in a month or so. 

Wonder if the rumours of the 12 point deduction kicking in have galvanised them and created a siege mentality. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Have improved quite significantly in recent weeks haven't they? Playing with confidence now, guess it helps that DCL is staying fit and Doucoure is on form. 

Not sure when this punishment verdict is going to come, but they're on 14 points now so even if they got docked 12 as rumoured, they'd only be 4 points behind Luton in 18th and on current form you wouldn't expect them to be in any real danger, they'd make that up in a month or so. 

The current bottom 3 this year have been truly dreadful so far. I can’t remember a year where all 3 of the promoted teams look this bad. Usually there’s one that are there as the whipping boys but all 3 this year just look hopeless.

They actually have what looks like could be a difficult run of games coming up before the new year, Man Utd (h), Forest (a), Newcastle (h), Chelsea (a), Burnley (a), Spurs (a), Man City (h), Wolves (a)

Whilst the bottom four have what in theory could be some winnable games coming, it's a big if based on form so far, but if they can pick up some wins, it might make things more interesting towards the lower reaches of the table.

Edited by useless

4 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

The current bottom 3 this year have been truly dreadful so far. I can’t remember a year where all 3 of the promoted teams look this bad. Usually there’s one that are there as the whipping boys but all 3 this year just look hopeless.

Yeah they're atrocious. With a third of the season gone, none of them are averaging more than 0.5 ppg which isn't even 20 points over the course of a season. I assume they'll improve a bit but right now this looks like the weakest intake the PL has ever had. Looking at the Championship, right now it looks like Leicester, Ipswich and one of Leeds or Southampton to me, ie mostly the same teams that went down last year in what was probably the strongest relegation class for years, so think it'll be very different next year with a more competitive midtable and bottom half. 

Don't see any real problem for Everton bettering 0.5 ppg over 2/3 or 1/2 a season, so I just can't see them in any danger (unless they get a much bigger punishment than leaks have suggested). 

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

I feel bad for him tbh. Selling him to a team that's going to take a fair few hidings this year doesn't seem to be something that benefits his career. Would have liked to see him somewhere that was fighting for play offs in the Championship this year (baggies maybe?) so he could get some games and goals under his belt.

There's no information in that. We know he can score goals in the Championship (did it for Preston). We know he can score goals for a promotion chasing side (did it for Boro). 

The only question that matters is 'can he do it in the PL', and by its nature that means doing it for relegation candidates. If he's good enough he'll stand out, no matter how bad the team is. 

If I've worked it out right, they've taken thirty-five points from thirty games since his appointment, and they took thirty-two points from thirty games before his appointment. Have to admit I thought the improvement was more significant than that.

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Nah, the bottom three are so bad they still might stay up - 12.

-12 means it's a 50 point season for sure survival. I can't see them getting more than 45. Of course the survival points might be lower, but it would be cutting it close! 

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

They started the season well tbh just weren't getting the points.

If I was a PL chairman looking to stay in the division for time and make absolute bank and the most of resources I'd get on my knees for Dychey. 

On my knees...

Except that time with Burnley he got relegated and that other time with Burnley when some random under 23 coach and Ben Mee managed to outperform him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Except that time with Burnley he got relegated and that other time with Burnley when some random under 23 coach and Ben Mee managed to outperform him

We will never know but I think he probably keeps them up.

Dyche has literally done wonders in both jobs. What's your beef lol

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

9 wins in 29 games is really not that impressive. Gerrrad won 12 in 38 here

Think you are being abit harsh this is everton who have been poor for many years and dripping close to relegation. They dont look like anywhere close to going down this year.

Also the only man to win at VP this season so far

Edited by Demitri_C

19 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes they've improved big time on the road. Calvert Lewin starting 4 games in a row for probably first time since 2020 is a massive help.

Their form is actually pretty similar to Burnley at their peak, very solid on the road but actually don't win that many games at Turf Moor.

Everton have 1 win in 6 and their next 6 at Goodison are Man, United, Chelsea, Newcastle, Man. City, us and Spurs.

I think if they're positive they'll beat Man. United but the opponents after are very tough games to win so still think they'll be floating just above bottom 4 as they won't keep winning away.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â