Qwpzxjor1

Oh no, Everton doing badly and there are no less than three sets of "mystery bidders". Wake me up when they disappear into a puff of smoke, like every single other time.

Who is going to buy Everton when they have no immediate plans for ground expansion (they've run out of ideas on that one seemingly) and the ownership of the club across the park is subject to much speculation (and will by all accounts be sold for a fraction of its true worth without the debt). Oh and their current league position isn't going to help either. Just can't see it at the minute

------------------ Reina ----------------

Johnson - Jagielka - Agger - Baines

Osman - Gerrard - Fellaini - Pienaar

----------- Torres - Cahill --------

They should consider it. That would be a bad side. :P

Also interesting how my team, not sure others would agree but my team, has more Everton players in it than Liverpool. Doubt that's been the case in the past.

ISTR that "Everpool" was one of the teams in "Roy of the Rovers".

It was "Liverton United" when I read it in the late '80s. That comic book was great. Roy of the Rovers, Billy's Boots, Hotshot Hamish & Mighty Mouse. Great days. :D

Osman on the right?

You joking.....most Everton fans think he's very average... Fellaini central over Arteta?

Anyway if we are doing this, it wouldn't be too dis-similar. Few changes...

Reina

Johnson Jagielka Skrtel Baines

Cole Gerrard Arteta Pienaar

Cahill

Torres.

Oops. I meant Arteta when I put Osman. It's been a long morning :P

Neither team have particularly good wingers though, which is odd.

ISTR that "Everpool" was one of the teams in "Roy of the Rovers".

It was "Liverton United" when I read it in the late '80s. That comic book was great. Roy of the Rovers, Billy's Boots, Hotshot Hamish & Mighty Mouse. Great days. :D

Hothsot Hamish and Mighty Mouse, are those the freaky huge scottish player that grew up with his father in the Hebreids (or whatever they're called) who could shoot the goals to pieces, and the fat little technical guy who worked ina hospital? I also liked Gordon Stewart. Certainly great days. :nod:

Well they got it and it should kick start their season as they've not been as bad as results suggest.

Next up Liverpool at home live on Sky, can't wait for this one I really can't. Here is to hoping for back to back Everton wins.

It's going to be one cracking game. It also benefits us either way really since both Everton and Liverpool will both probably be competing for a top 7 finish just like us. Although, with the way things are going now Liverpool will be in a relegation scrap!

Nah draw for me, if either win they'll be a point behind us if we lose to Chelsea.

I think the big thing for Everton is they've tightened it up in defence. Distin had a poor start to the season as did Jagielka but both are playing much better.

If Everton can keep more clean sheets and keep Cahill fit (I hear he has a knee problem) they'll nick a few more games 1-0.

Nah draw for me, if either win they'll be a point behind us if we lose to Chelsea.

I think the big thing for Everton is they've tightened it up in defence. Distin had a poor start to the season as did Jagielka but both are playing much better.

If Everton can keep more clean sheets and keep Cahill fit (I hear he has a knee problem) they'll nick a few more games 1-0.

I'd prefer a draw but it depends on the manner of the draw. Liverpool 2-0 up only to end up drawing thanks to two late Everton goals? Yes please! :D

• 2 months later...
Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar has refused to commit his future to the Goodison Park club until the end of the season.

The South Africa international's current deal expires in the summer and all attempts from the Toffees to offer him an extended contract have fallen on deaf ears.

Manager David Moyes has already admitted he expects to lose the services of the former Borussia Dortmund and Ajax player.

And although the 28-year-old has pledged to give his all for his current employers while he remains on their books, Pienaar was not prepared to confirm he would remain beyond the January transfer window.

When asked directly if he would still be at Goodison Park until the end of the season he told Sky Sports News: "No comment."

He added: "I am still focused on staying at Everton, this season is not over yet, so anything can happen.

"In football anything can happen, it can change tomorrow, today, no-one knows."

Pienaar has been strongly linked with a move to Tottenham, who could see the midfielder as an important addition as they look to progress in the UEFA Champions League.

But Pienaar has played down the reports as media speculation and insists he is still happy on Merseyside despite an apparent impending exit.

He added: "I was also told this by one of my team-mates, so I don't know what is going on.

"The media in England is quite big and everyone can say what they want. I am just happy at Everton and I want to focus on my game."

It looks, to me, like Pienaar will leave at the end of the season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â