Qwpzxjor1

Doesn't surprise me that they lost to Luton, saw their fans getting carried away after beating us and Brentford, but they didn't actually play that well against us, was more about how poor we were, and Brentford aren't that great, yesterday was a reality check.

Bournemouth is must win game next weekend, as beyond that look second favorites in most fixtures until the end of the season.

What might help them is that on paper that that end to the season doesn't look to bad, they play Forest, Brentford, Luton, and Sheffield United in four of their last six, albeit they do have Arsenal on the last day.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Talk of relegated clubs threatening to sue them if they are found guilty of FFP breaches.

Can we expect the same to be said of Man Utd, Liverpool, and Arsenal, when Man City get found guilty?

If the process to find Everton guilty takes as long as the City process seems to be then those relegated clubs might be waiting a few years. Although I suspect with no state-level ownership to worry about maybe it will be "easier" for the PL to prove.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

If the process to find Everton guilty takes as long as the City process seems to be then those relegated clubs might be waiting a few years. Although I suspect with no state-level ownership to worry about maybe it will be "easier" for the PL to prove.

Verdict due to be announced in three weeks.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Verdict due to be announced in three weeks.

Initially thought to do a shocked reaction to that, but I'm not really. And yet it's all gone very quiet on the Man City case. 🙄 

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Can we expect the same to be said of Man Utd, Liverpool, and Arsenal, when Man City get found guilty?

The relegated clubs have written to 777 to say they will sue so it might effect the takeover also

6 hours ago, MrBlack said:

So would we say Everton are in a worse position than we were before we dropped? Certainly feels like it, even with their brand new stadium (that isn't yet complete).

Money is even bigger in the game, so yeah probably.

We swirled the drain and went right as the TV money increased by a third or something. Everton have collected all the money we did while we were away and spent it on shit players.

Sue everyon for what? Did they sue chelsea when they broke rules years ago? 

They will.be wasting their time and money. Just empty threats i think

Makes me laugh that eveeton will probably get a big punishment but blose had mutiple breaches and escaped with nothing. The only punishment they got was a deduction when they were safe

Edited by Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sue everyon for what? Did they sue chelsea when they broke rules years ago? 

They will.be wasting their time and money. Just empty threats i think

Makes me laugh that eveeton will probably get a big punishment but blose had mutiple breaches and escaped with nothing. The only punishment they got was a deduction when they were safe

That's because they're under different jurisdiction. This will be the first time the premier league has to make a decision like this in terms of FFP breaches unless I'm mistaken? So it will be interesting to see how harsh the punishment is compared to what the EFL do.

Man City is the one I can't wait for though, I want the book thrown at them and titles stripped. I suspect I'll be left disappointed though.

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

That's because they're under different jurisdiction. This will be the first time the premier league has to make a decision like this in terms of FFP breaches unless I'm mistaken? So it will be interesting to see how harsh the punishment is compared to what the EFL do.

Man City is the one I can't wait for though, I want the book thrown at them and titles stripped. I suspect I'll be left disappointed though.

Thats the problem though everton will get a significant punishment and citeh will get nothing. Most of us know thats whats going to happen

• Like 1

I’ve been thinking about it, and I’m not sure that a points deduction is enough of a deterrent. Say you give Everton a six point deduction, that would be fair in this instance. However would that six points deduction be fair to give to Man City (as an example)? No, as they’d have gained far more of an advantage from breaking FFP than the punishment. For Everton, six points would mean potential relegation, Man City would mean maybe coming second rather than first. 

So I think it needs to be a two pronged punishment, points deduction and transfer ban. Maybe three points and two windows ban? Otherwise taking the punishment would be worth breaking the rules for. In my opinion, anyway. 

Either way, the Premier League need to be strict with Everton, otherwise it becomes meaningless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

I’ve been thinking about it, and I’m not sure that a points deduction is enough of a deterrent. Say you give Everton a six point deduction, that would be fair in this instance. However would that six points deduction be fair to give to Man City (as an example)? No, as they’d have gained far more of an advantage from breaking FFP than the punishment. For Everton, six points would mean potential relegation, Man City would mean maybe coming second rather than first. 

So I think it needs to be a two pronged punishment, points deduction and transfer ban. Maybe three points and two windows ban? Otherwise taking the punishment would be worth breaking the rules for. In my opinion, anyway. 

Either way, the Premier League need to be strict with Everton, otherwise it becomes meaningless. 

With how shit they are in the transfer market, a transfer ban might help them 😂

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://josimarfootball.com/2023/10/17/fit-for-a-king/

777 Partners missed payroll to their own staff in July, failed to pay rent for their own HQ, and yet are still intent on buying Everton. How can they do this? Meet Kenneth King, whose company they owe at least 170 million dollars....

Another article on 777 Partners. Everton would be dodging a bullet if this collapses, I think (although if Moshiri has no money left then maybe Everton are closer to administration without the sale happening?). 777 sound like a complete scam. Missing payroll, not paying bills, buying up assets that they can't afford to run etc. I look forward to watching the 4 part Netflix doc about it all when this house of cards collapses.

Edited by blandy
extract added

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â