Qwpzxjor1

Still not sure they're as likely to go down as people think. They're only 2 points off safety with a better goal difference than those around them. There are a lot of poor teams down there and it's not hard to imagine say, Southampton, Bournemouth and Leeds going down.

The winter transfer window is closed, but there are still deals to be done, they're In talks with Andre Ayew along with Forest so say the Athletic, and also considering Isco according to Paul Joyce.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

The winter transfer window is closed, but there are still deals to be done, they're In talks with Andre Ayew along with Forest so say the Athletic, and also considering Isco according to Paul Joyce.

In my head I read that in the way a Sky Sports News presenter would’ve. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rubberman said:

Very, very much hoping they go down. After all the crowing when we dropped about now not being a PL ever-present, will love seeing the same for them.

Likely to be for a good spell as well, as they are as much of a basket case as we were in '16.

They aren’t even close. We were circling the drain for five years.  Everton routinely post 50 points.  They’ll flirt with the drop this season but get out of it and be back to mid table next year.  

20 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

They aren’t even close. We were circling the drain for five years.  Everton routinely post 50 points.  They’ll flirt with the drop this season but get out of it and be back to mid table next year.  

Not so sure. Dyche has a hell of a job on his hands. 

I think Dyche will keep them up. They aren't cut adrift and plenty of games left. He will really unify the team and fans and Goodison could become  a difficult place to visit again. He will do a Joe Royle Dogs of War job.  Things can change quickly in football. If the ownership mess is sorted then they have lot of potential with the new stadium. Look at Newcastle for example. A year ago it was doom and gloom with Ashley and Bruce. Now they are looking at CL places and got a cup final to look forward too.

Edited by The Fun Factory

6 hours ago, The_Rev said:

You’re right, they aren’t close to what we were. But still, they stayed up by 4 points with 39 last season. Finished 16th, but were closer to the drop than our 14th place position (45 points).

might not be a certainty like we were, but this season isn’t an anomaly.

11 hours ago, The_Rev said:

I dunno. Up for sale, toxic fanbase, 1 decent player out and no-one in. 15pts from 20. 

Dyche will probably improve things but I'm not sure it'll be enough, though I get they are not cut off yet and have a 'relatively' decent GD. Relegation is likely to go down to the wire with only 3pts between 14th down.

Glad we are well out of it and still hope it's them.

11 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Unless there us a takeover that's not happening 

18 hours ago, rubberman said:

After all the crowing when we dropped about now not being a PL ever-present

Eh, that was always such an embarrassing flex anyway.  There's no trophy for "most stagnant".

Would rather see any of West Ham, Leeds, Soton or Wolves down before Everton.

I hope they go down and go into administration or similar,  vile club.  Biggest myth in football,  everyone has a soft spot for so and so.  

No they don't.  

The Small Heath of Liverpool,  hopefully the new ground falls into the water just before opening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, tinker said:

I hope they stay up,  certain clubs belong in the premier league and their one of them, Leeds as well. Passionate fans despite years of winning nothing. Dyche will have enough to keep them up. 🤞

You belong in the Premier League by merit, not by name. No team has a right.

and as for dirty Leeds...horrible fans and horrible club.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tinker said:

I hope they stay up,  certain clubs belong in the premier league and their one of them, Leeds as well. Passionate fans despite years of winning nothing. Dyche will have enough to keep them up. 🤞

being passionate doesn't make you belong in the PL. leeds and everton fans are all a bunch of pricks. the dream would be them to both go down...along with bournemouth whose new fans are all just as bad

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Would rather see any of West Ham, Leeds, Soton or Wolves down before Everton.

Wouldn't disagree but that's from a Villa fans point of view that those 4 will sort their shit out and come good long before Everton do

Everton are a nothing club, would say right now but in reality that's what they've been for a decade, crazy they thought the new stadium was the difference

Be interesting when we play them, the unstoppable force (our form against them since being promoted) versus the immovable object (Dyche's record against us).

In all seriousness, whilst it would be amusing on multiple levels to see Everton go down we'd be better off seeing Bournemouth, West Ham (not happening) and Wolves go down given their records against us.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â