Qwpzxjor1

18 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I wouldn't like to see Everton go down. However, if it helps to dispel the myth that Frank Lampard is a PL quality manager then I'm all for it.

i would. fans are pricks. never met one i've liked

34 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I wouldn't like to see Everton go down. However, if it helps to dispel the myth that Frank Lampard is a PL quality manager then I'm all for it.

Any team that spends the money they have in the fashion they did deserves to go down.

Abhorrent spending.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Am I right in saying Everton have never been relegated once in their entire history? 

They've been relegated a couple of times, but they've played in the top flight continuously since the 50s.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They've been relegated a couple of times, but they've played in the top flight continuously since the 50s.

Ah, thought they’d been ‘ever-present’ for some reason, only 4 seasons spent outside of the top division is pretty bloody impressive mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ah, thought they’d been ‘ever-present’ for some reason, only 4 seasons spent outside of the top division is pretty bloody impressive mind.

I don't think there's an ever present top division team. Arsenal are the closest, they have been relegated once in their history and have played in the top division since the 20s (though their promotion then is dodgy).

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I don't think there's an ever present top division team. Arsenal are the closest, they have been relegated once in their history and have played in the top division since the 20s (though their promotion then is dodgy).

I think Arsenal have been up since 1919,if i remember they did finish a season in the relegation zone but some technicality kept them up around that time

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think Arsenal have been up since 1919,if i remember they did finish a season in the relegation zone but some technicality kept them up around that time

The controversy I know of with them is they were promoted when the First Division expanded, and rather than just not relegating some teams and adding the promotion winning teams it was decided to take a vote on who should come up. Arsenal won it after an argument their history merited them going back to the top flight over other teams who had had better seasons... And they've not been relegated since, unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He's a great 'tournament goalie'

Like Barthez. On his day very very good

Yeah Pickford is very average in a 40 game season but he does have good ability to peak at tournaments....so pretty much opposite of every England keeper in my lifetime since Seaman at euro 96.

Can't remember any major mistakes at 2018 world cup and only goals he conceded at last euros was a free kick into top corner in the SF and then a scrambled corner kick. Also made two saves in the penalty shoot out which on another day would've won England the trophy and secured his legend.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I just want them to go because it's kind of their turn.  We've had to deal with it so why shouldn't they.

Feels like they're the last realistic top level team who have one relegation in them. Spurs a decade ago had that feel when they had that awful start under Ramos but nowadays they're as likely to go down as Man. United are. Terrible seasons for them are finishing 7th or 8th on 50 + points.

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Allan and Doucoure another from the VT crew of saying that other teams have better midfielders than what we have

Schooled by Bentancur last night 

Allan was really good at Napoli in fairness. Not sure what's happened as he's doing a very good Westwood impression currently of just passing 5 yards sidewards constantly.

Doucoure mirrors their form a bit, was good start of the season then got injured for three months and can't get that rhythm back.

Does feel we've missed out on Bentancur and we're going to pay 20m more for Bissouma who won't be the perfect fit many expect him to be.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â