Qwpzxjor1

Hold on a minute, if Everton Football Club are cutting all commercial ties with Usmanov's companies and the USM group, does that mean they're cutting ties with Everton Football club? Will they stop operating the club shop, or selling tickets, will everyone refuse to make their (nominal) owner (who is chairman of USM) a cup of tea or listen to him in meetings?

That statement is just odd.

Everton are a Russian company connected with Alisher Usmanov.

Even ignoring that - have they just cancelled these sponsorship deals? Last year the naming rights on the training ground alone were for £12.5m if they're pulling out of everything, they're taking away an amount of money equivalent to everything they make on ticket sales.

One point off relegation and coming apart - I like Everton, they're a proper football club, I think people are missing quite how deep in trouble they are right now.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hold on a minute, if Everton Football Club are cutting all commercial ties with Usmanov's companies and the USM group, does that mean they're cutting ties with Everton Football club? Will they stop operating the club shop, or selling tickets, will everyone refuse to make their (nominal) owner (who is chairman of USM) a cup of tea or listen to him in meetings?

That statement is just odd.

Everton are a Russian company connected with Alisher Usmanov.

Even ignoring that - have they just cancelled these sponsorship deals? Last year the naming rights on the training ground alone were for £12.5m if they're pulling out of everything, they're taking away an amount of money equivalent to everything they make on ticket sales.

One point off relegation and coming apart - I like Everton, they're a proper football club, I think people are missing quite how deep in trouble they are right now.

They arent cutting ties from the statement I read, they are suspending everything

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And this time they won’t be able to rely on Hans Segers to save them (by not saving, ironically enough).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They arent cutting ties from the statement I read, they are suspending everything

Ahhh! That makes a bit more sense - suspending is an important word - does it kind of mean "We're not going to talk about our Russian owner until all of this has blown over?" 

If the government do end up going after Usmanov, Everton really are in trouble - they're much more exposed than Chelsea, despite the spotlight on Abramovich.

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

And this time they won’t be able to rely on Hans Segers to save them (by not saving, ironically enough).

Funnily enough we had similar with Nyland about 25 years later 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ahhh! That makes a bit more sense - suspending is an important word - does it kind of mean "We're not going to talk about our Russian owner until all of this has blown over?" 

If the government do end up going after Usmanov, Everton really are in trouble - they're much more exposed than Chelsea, despite the spotlight on Abramovich.

Its a strange statement and makes Everton look not just bad but desperate. They have a huge wage bill 

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It probably means they’ve already been paid for the sponsorship for the year… but will now remove the signs, banners, advertising for the rest of the season. So no real loss for them. 

And if the Govt does go after Usmanov, technically and legally I think Morishi is the owner (even though everyone knows he’s just a front for Usmanov).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ender4 said:

And if the Govt does go after Usmanov, technically and legally I think Morishi is the owner (even though everyone knows he’s just a front for Usmanov).

Tricky one isn't it?

Moshiri's wealth comes from Usmanov - he's chair of Usmanov's company and the money he used to buy Everton was a gift from Usmanov. It looks like at the time the purchase happened Usmanov wouldn't have been allowed to buy Everton because he still had his Arsenal shares so he pushed the club into the hands of his trusted Lieutenant. It might end up being the luckiest move he's ever made. 

Moshiri is a wealthy man and a billionaire in his own right, but a lot of his wealth has Russian links and he'll be aware of the risks that brings - there's also then a question as to whether he has any interest in being the actual rather than de facto owner of Everton. 

Lampard looking very sheepish while avoiding the question as to whether Usmanov was at his interview for the job was comedic today by the sound of things.

• Like 1

I presume they're totally in the s*** if they go down with these ownership issues?

Mind you likes of Richarlison and even Calvert Lewin would probably fetch 50m + in current market so would just have to firesale quickly and play the loan market a bit.

Last eight fixtures for them are West Ham (a), Man Utd (h), Palace (h), Liverpool (a), Chelsea (h), Leicester (a), Brentford (h), and Arsenal (a). They'll need a decent haul of points before those, although a lot can change not so long ago no one was talking about Leeds, Everton, or Brentford being in any danger, and likewise most seemed convinced that Burnley had no chance, and chances are it will all change again over the next month or so, at least one of the teams that look to be in trouble at the moment will probably go on a run and put themselves in comfortable position.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Weird things happening at Everton at the moment - having lost £30m a season of sponsorship money going forward and given up Cazoo, they've also now turned down a £30m grant from Liverpool council toward the building of their new stadium.

Meanwhile, their "owner" Mr Moshiri has resigned from his job as chairman of USM, the company owned by Everton's "sponsor" Alisher Usmanov and says he has cut business ties with his mentor (a man so close to him that he "gifted" him £50m to buy Everton with).

It's all a bit peculiar - they've lost their main sponsor in Cazoo and then lost all of the money they were getting from their generous sponsor Uncle Alisher, and they've given up the money they were going to get from the council - so where's the £70m to replace all of that coming from then?

Strange club.

I'd be interested to hear how the local press are reporting on Everton at the moment @bickster, anything interesting?

Still think they'll be fine. Of course if we were in their position we'd be shitting ourselves but at the end of the day they're a point ahead of Burnley with two games in hand. They're poor but they've got enough about them to stay up. Would be funny if they went down though.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Weird things happening at Everton at the moment - having lost £30m a season of sponsorship money going forward and given up Cazoo, they've also now turned down a £30m grant from Liverpool council toward the building of their new stadium.

Meanwhile, their "owner" Mr Moshiri has resigned from his job as chairman of USM, the company owned by Everton's "sponsor" Alisher Usmanov and says he has cut business ties with his mentor (a man so close to him that he "gifted" him £50m to buy Everton with).

It's all a bit peculiar - they've lost their main sponsor in Cazoo and then lost all of the money they were getting from their generous sponsor Uncle Alisher, and they've given up the money they were going to get from the council - so where's the £70m to replace all of that coming from then?

Strange club.

I'd be interested to hear how the local press are reporting on Everton at the moment @bickster, anything interesting?

Tbh as far as I’m aware, nothing has been said in the Echo and as my only contact with the paper is to say either…

”We only speak to journalists from reputable papers and not scurrilous click bait trash”

or…

”We advise you that this story has no connection with our company and should you even intimate that it is, you’ll be hearing from our lawyers”

But my personal opinion is that they are fubarred

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Still think they'll be fine. Of course if we were in their position we'd be shitting ourselves but at the end of the day they're a point ahead of Burnley with two games in hand. They're poor but they've got enough about them to stay up. Would be funny if they went down though.

This is one of the games in hand and the goal difference is now worse than Burnley

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Their away form is shocking but I cant believe Lampard's tactics tonight. played right into Spurs hands. 

Edited by PaulC

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I would generally agree but while shit it looks like Burnley have a bit of fight in them and have been here before while Everton and Leeds look shocking.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â