Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

£6m? I'm surprised we can't get at least £8m for him to be honest. He's a good premier league player, much better than alot of the 3rd rate strikers that ply their trade in the league.

He sat on our bench last season. That doesn't put us in a great bargaining position to start with. And he's now 29. His stock has fallen, he's 2 years older than when we bought him and we've decided by not using him and by telling him he can leave, that he's not good enough for us. That all brings his price down. Plus if there isn't an auction for his services then you're stuck with whatever someone else wants to pay.

I think £6m is very low too.

He is a proven goal scorer and that is what most clubs are desperate to buy I reckon we'll get £8m and all in it will be closer to 10.

Total guess but I reckon when it comes to it a number of clubs will do a lot to get him. As he's showed he can score the goals to keep clubs up

Giving him away for nothing makes the club £8m. 

That's the money we'll be paying him to do **** all for the next two years. I think every club we're dealing with knows that, and they'll know that ultimately, that £8m matters to us more than the fee; the fee still matters, but this one is the opposite of the Benteke situation, in that one, we're in a strong position, because if nothing happens then the player stays at £20k a week, in this one, the player/buyer is in a stronger position because if nothing happens, we waste £8m.

I still wouldn't be all that surprised to see him go for almost nothing.

Sort Benteke out first, then decide on bent. I wpuldnt want to start the season with the our front line minus Benteke, Bent would be worth far more to us than 6m in those circumstances.

Plus with more service coming from the midfield/ defense our game plan may change from lumping it up the field from Guzan to Benteke.

Sort Benteke out first, then decide on bent. I wpuldnt want to start the season with the our front line minus Benteke, Bent would be worth far more to us than 6m in those circumstances.

Plus with more service coming from the midfield/ defense our game plan may change from lumping it up the field from Guzan to Benteke.

Because we really do just play the 'lump it to Benteke' way don't we?!

I reckon any deal taking him away from the club would result in us paying some of his wages or giving him a payoff. I doubt anyone will give him close to what he's one with us.

Never thought I'd be reading this 2.5 years ago.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â