Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

With the WC on the horizon though, we may see Bent up his game next season ? I like the club stance, no decent offer no sale.

If Carroll is worth £15m I'd put Bent at about £10-£12m

I'd like him to stay but I can see why he would want to go. Will never forget them two days before and when he signed. Good luck to him. With some regular football he should get in to the England fold again.

if benteke goes, i want bent to stay. Build the team around Bent, he will get us goals

Exactly, if Benteke goes we'll need another 15-20 goal a season striker.  We have one at the club already, so long as we use the Benteke money to bring in wingers who give him service.  On the other thread I said we could get Sinclair and Downing on the cheap and probably have £10m-15m left of the Benteke money to spend for other parts of the team.  Lambert seems pretty pragmatic to me and if he feels he needs Bent next year and can build a team to suit him then I wouldn't rule out him staying.

Thing is we dont have that at the club already. Darren Bent has not scored 20 goals in the last 2 seasons. He is capable of it but it is far from guaranteed now, if it ever was.

I watched him closely at Wigan, he could have had 4 easy goals on top of the one he scored if we had players capable of playing a quicker more accurate pass. Great striker in the right team.

I watched him closely at Wigan, he could have had 4 easy goals on top of the one he scored if we had players capable of playing a quicker more accurate pass. Great striker in the right team.

Yes I'm just wondering that because Lambert has told Bent he can leave, he must be confident that Benteke will stay with us!

Why? Bent is never going to be part of Lamberts plans. He is everything that Lambert does not like in a player. Bent is gone whether Benteke stays or goes. Why would we keep paying Bent £90k+ a week to warm our bench just because we lost Benteke?

It is a very real possibility that both Bent and Benteke will leave this summer. The only difference between the two is that we'll be actively trying to move Bent on.

Why? Bent is never going to be part of Lamberts plans. He is everything that Lambert does not like in a player. Bent is gone whether Benteke stays or goes. Why would we keep paying Bent £90k+ a week to warm our bench just because we lost Benteke?

£90k+ a week? Where did you get that from?

if benteke goes, i want bent to stay. Build the team around Bent, he will get us goals

Exactly, if Benteke goes we'll need another 15-20 goal a season striker.  We have one at the club already, so long as we use the Benteke money to bring in wingers who give him service.  On the other thread I said we could get Sinclair and Downing on the cheap and probably have £10m-15m left of the Benteke money to spend for other parts of the team.  Lambert seems pretty pragmatic to me and if he feels he needs Bent next year and can build a team to suit him then I wouldn't rule out him staying.

Darren Bent has not scored 20 goals in the last 2 seasons. He is capable of it but it is far from guaranteed now, if it ever was.

McLeish playing with how many defenders and Lambert preferring Bowery to Bent on the bench, yet you still expect Bent to knock in 40 goals over the past two seasons? 

Darren Bent has not scored 20 goals in the last 2 seasons. He is capable of it but it is far from guaranteed now, if it ever was.

McLeish playing with how many defenders and Lambert preferring Bowery to Bent on the bench, yet you still expect Bent to knock in 40 goals over the past two seasons? 

Nope, not at all. However, I am not going to agree with ridiculous statements indicating that Bent guarantees 20 goals a season atm when reasons such as 'Jordan Bowery is preferred to him' suggest that he clearly doesn't.

Some rumors about Darren Bent going to Fulham. Well, that would be a huge mistake. Berbatov and Bent in the same line-up? Not something I would want to play against..

Two brilliant players, but both in the same team together would be a disaster for Fulham. I'd love it if they tried though.

Ideally I'd want him to stay.

bent for 4m? they can pi$$ off, double that and he can go

If thats the best we can get - i think we can probably get 6 or 7 btw - then I would take that. Rather 4m and he left rather than him stay tbh.

surely there can't be many proven goal scorers and former England internationals kicking around at the moment that are available?

Bent's fee may well be decided by the amount of teams who want to sign him and that is a hell of a lot.

About half the Premiership lack a proven 15-20 a year goal scorer, Bent maybe 29 but 8-10 mil is realistic, as there just aren't that many goal scorers out there, well not in England anyhow.

Trying to build a team around Bent would mean dismantling just about everything that has started working well for us. I really don't see him staying as being an option, even if we get less for him than we would ideally want.

Trying to build a team around Bent would mean dismantling just about everything that has started working well for us. I really don't see him staying as being an option, even if we get less for him than we would ideally want.

Yes he might be worth 8-10 million but dont think we'll get it and the club will be happy to get him off the wage bill. 

promoted clubs is a good shout, one of them might feel like having a £8m-£10m punt on him. he'll get goals, for that money even at his age he's a good signing if he keeps you up.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â