Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

we dont want bent to perform well anywhere else in the league, itll come back to bite us, ex players always perform well against us

I don't care where he ends up as long as we are in the Premier League next season. 

Edited by Robbie09

So would you pick a player with zero premiere league goals over one who has over 100? If Wigan do pull off a miracle tonight and Lambert goes with Bowery over Bent and we loose, Lambert will never be forgiven.

I just don't think Lambert really cares about goals in the past or reputation.

It wouldn't surprise me if he picked Bowery

Being linked with Fulham today.  I think that could be a good fit for him, playing alongside Berbatov.

Wasn't he pants when he was playing alongside Berbatov for Spurs? Although the transfer tittle tattle suggests Berba might be on his way out of Fulham in the summer.

I'd go with either N'Zogbia or Bowery over Bent right now - I think it would be the sensible choice.

Bent isn't a bad option, but he doesn't hold the ball up well, Gabby does and could play through the middle with one of those two down the left, or Bowery could play in the middle where he'd offer more of a target (although less of a goal threat) and let us play the system we've shown promise with.

• Like 1

I'd just play 4.3.3 with Weimann, N'zogbia and Gabby as the front 3. But none of them really having a particular position, just play the front 3 all over the place. Would be a nightmare for Wigan's defense to keep up with their movement if they are constantly interchanging. Obviously the midfield 3 would have to sit a bit deeper, but it would be quite exciting. I just don't think  Bent fits in with our system at all. 

Edited by PieFacE

Darren Bent looks certain to leave Aston Villa this summer, with the club's record signing making it clear that he would not be willing to accept another season where he is largely confined to the substitutes' bench. The 29-year-old striker admitted he has felt frustrated, hurt and angry at various stages during a season when he has been forced to play second fiddle to the outstanding Christian Benteke, starting only one Premier League game in the past six months.

Bent said that he has not spoken to Paul Lambert about his situation because he did not want to "go in, kicking and screaming" at time when the Villa manager has had a relegation battle to deal with. The England international intends, however, to sit down with Lambert and Randy Lerner, the Villa owner, as soon as the season is over to resolve his future. "I've got two years after this one so I've still got a long time. But for me it's all about playing football matches and I'm not really one of these guys who wants to sit there, not do anything and then get paid," Bent said.

"I want to play football and I want to contribute and enjoy playing. I won't ask to go but at the same time I have to sit down with the manager, the chairman and my agent and just go from there really.

"As much as I've enjoyed my time at Aston Villa and loved every minute of it – I've obviously got a good relationship with the fans and the football club – it is about playing games and, at my age, I can't have another season like I've had this season, because time is running out. I have to play football. It's as simple as that."

Lambert has preferred to play Benteke, whom Bent acknowledged has enjoyed a "fantastic season", either alone in a 4-2-3-1 formation or as part of a three-man attack, with Andreas Weimann and Gabriel Agbonlahor providing support from the flanks. For Bent, whose goals helped Villa to pull clear of the relegation zone when he joined from Sunderland in a £24m deal a little more than two years ago, it has been quite a turnaround.

"Last season I started off really well and halfway through I got the big injury [ruptured ankle ligaments] so that killed it. This season, for whatever reason, it's carried on in the same vein and I'm not playing as much. I can't really put my finger on why. I'm not giving it any less than 100% – sometimes it just goes like that. I know I've had a few injuries this season and stuff but at the same time I can't pinpoint where it all started to deteriorate really.

"I've not gone to see [the manager]. It's been a difficult situation anyway, fighting relegation. The last thing I want to do is go in, kicking and screaming and stuff. We're all one team at the end of the day and it's not about one individual. When the time is right and it's the right time to talk about things, I'm sure I'll do that."

Bent has not played 90 minutes for Villa in the Premier League since the 4-1 defeat at Southampton on 22 September and he has often failed to get off the bench. "Every game you don't play in hurts that little bit more. Especially when you're on the bench and come on – you're still hurting because you want to start. But it's nowhere near as bad as when you're sitting on the bench and you don't come on at all.

"It is frustrating and I do get angry at times. But all I can do is continue to try and train hard and when I do get an opportunity, to play well and take it from there really."

With Benteke suspended for Sunday's game against Wigan, following his dismissal in the 2-1 defeat against Chelsea last Saturday, there is a chance that Bent could be called into action on the final day of the season. "Christian's out which is going to be a big loss because he's had a fantastic season but if I can get the nod then hopefully it would be nice to play a part again," Bent said. "I'm working hard every day in training and I've been doing extra sessions in the gym and stuff. So if I'm called upon, I'm ready to go."

link

Got to credit the man. He has kinda been treated like shit but at no point has he kicked up a fuss an acted like a prima dona

Treated like shit how? He hasnt been playing for one simple reason. He isnt good enough. We have had a striker who is 5x the player of Bent. Bent up top instead of Benteke, we go down - without a shadow of a doubt!

We couldnt play the two together due to a lack of wingers imo, so we would always go with the 4,3,3 formation (ish) which just does not accommodate both Bent and Benteke. 

As I have been saying since the moment he signed. When he doesnt score he is useless. A totally limited striker who we paid well over the odds for. How many people do you hear questioning Bent not being picked? Nobody has questioned it for months and months.

Give him credit for being paid 70k a week and saying the right things in the press - do me a favour!

Bent's been off the boil for a long time, suspect attitude and finishing on the pitch. For a man paid so much for his goals, he last league goal came in September. I know he's had injuries but we haven't missed him. Lambert tried to implement him with Benteke but it didn't work, Lambert soon found his system and team. Bent gave no reason to be picked. Shall not be missed.

Really is a massive shame. We cried out for a striker like Bent for years and year and years and we finally get him and he scores goals for us, then as soon as we look to be fixing our problems Young and Downing left and we struggled to really create much for him after that.

Its strange that we have 5 very good forwards in Bent, Benteke, Gabby, AW and on his day, Nzogbia, yet we cant play them all together.

Signing Benteke was very good by Lambert but at the start of the seasn I would say the one area we didn't need to work on was the attack, we had our front man in Bent what we needed to fix was the midfield, as that has shown at times this season.

Really is a massive shame. We cried out for a striker like Bent for years and year and years and we finally get him and he scores goals for us, then as soon as we look to be fixing our problems Young and Downing left and we struggled to really create much for him after that.

Its strange that we have 5 very good forwards in Bent, Benteke, Gabby, AW and on his day, Nzogbia, yet we cant play them all together.

Signing Benteke was very good by Lambert but at the start of the seasn I would say the one area we didn't need to work on was the attack, we had our front man in Bent what we needed to fix was the midfield, as that has shown at times this season.

Lambert gave it a good go in some matches :D

I dont know why but I see him at West Ham next season. Cant see them paying the Carroll fee and Bent be a cheaper alternative for them. plus in London so good move for him

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â