Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Bent's last league goal was the 1-1 draw against West Brom last September. He has not looked interested all season. His finishing has looked all the more suspect. For a such a big contract, he's not worth the return. I'd happily sell if it meant giving Benteke a bigger contract.

Darren Bent is a good player and a goalscorer but I think it is just one of these ones where the manager just doesn't take to him. He isn't a target man like Benteke to play right up top and hold the ball up and he isn't a wide forward either like Weimann and Gabby or even N'zogbia. There isn't a position for him and Lambert would have to change the system to get the best out of him and he isn't prepared to do that.

• Like 1

He'll probably get 10 minute runouts against Chelsea and Wigan but thats your lot from him I think. He just doesnt fit into our gameplan at all and would be better off elsewhere.

Was perfect at the time for the team we had......but the men upstairs sold most of them.

Nothing against him, just didn't work out here for a number of reasons.

Spot on.

Came in did a fantastic job for us but after so many changes from managers to players he just doesn't fit in anymore.. 

A player I will always like, thanks Darren without your goals at the time we needed them who knows where we would've ended up..

Was perfect at the time for the team we had......but the men upstairs sold most of them.

Nothing against him, just didn't work out here for a number of reasons.

Spot on.

Came in did a fantastic job for us but after so many changes from managers to players he just doesn't fit in anymore.. 

A player I will always like, thanks Darren without your goals at the time we needed them who knows where we would've ended up..

It must have been a gutting experience watching your supply line get sold off as it did. Thats his game and we bought him in to do just what he was good at, then pulled the rug from under his feet. The blame for that lies with those who hold the purse strings, but I don't even think he was ever going to fit into Lamberts plans either....not his kind of 'team' player.

The sad thing is we probably won't recoup much of the money paid for him now, but thats life.

• Like 1

i guess theres only a few of us left on here that arent jumping on the bandwagon of wanting bent to be hung? the way people are acting on here its like hes commited a crime against the treasury.

so he hasnt scored of late, cant blame him really he hasnt had a fair chance at all, just because hes on a high contract (that the club offered) he gets villainised, embarrassing behaviour from this club.

but i guess the inevitable is that he will be leaving this summer, to which he will send a parting shot at how badly he was treated for being a key player, and his replacement will be some no name lower league toddler who will be star struck by the bright lights of the premier league.

thanks darren

No, I have a feeling the majority of fans don`t feel any resentment against Bent at all. He is, after all a good striker but he doesnt fit in which has been mentioned numerous times. I want him to move on so he can continue his career rather than sitting on the bench here. He has the ability to do it so it would be a shame otherwise.

i guess theres only a few of us left on here that arent jumping on the bandwagon of wanting bent to be hung?

This whole page is of people wishing him well but commenting that he doesn't fit Lambert's side.

When playing regularly, he's been very good for us. In my opinion his goals are the biggest reason we stayed up under Houllier and then it's no surprise we completely collapsed without him last season. For how many games he starts and how many goals he's scored for us, he's done a good job. But as others have said, he doesn't fit our current team and we should sell while he still has some value. Ideally replace him with someone a bit more mobile who can play a little wider, rather than being an outright poacher.

• Like 1

Top bloke great poacher. I am more than happy to have a great forward like Bent competeting for spots up front.

I dont think he fits in with Lamberts style though. We will see, My hope is that if we are safe by Wigan he gets a full 90 and can prove a point.

If he moves, it'll most likely be his last move, he's unlikely to have a sell on value for the club he goes to and he'll be wanting a decent pay off - I wouldn't be too surprised to see him sit it out here.

well in keeping us in this league i think he's probably already repaid a lot of the outlay for him with his goals last season and the half a season before that. at least in terms of the fee, i think it's right that if he moves then it'll be his last move, if he goes to a club that plays two good wide old school wingers he'll score a lot of goals.

if he can be convinced to stay and we get a coupel of good young wingers to hopefully help rejuvinate albrighton, then we have a ready made good plan B. it'd be a big change to be able to make too in a game and would pose the opposition big problems in adjusting if we switched up the style so radically in a game. could be good to have the option, he probably wants and needs to be playing regular first team football though so i can't see it myself.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â