Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Why would Bent sign a new contract with us? When his contract is up he'll be well into his 30s.

Well he is 29 and been here almost 2 years - so he would be 31 - 32 at the end of contract ?

Id play him - best goalscorer we have had for years - but if we want to recoup some of the cash - he is approaching optimun sell time. I think it would be madness - say at best we get £!5m - we would loose that at a stroke if we got relegated.

Anyone know how much the PL money goes up next season ? Is it like a 100% increase ?

70% I think. It would be nice if ticket prices were slashed across the country but that's not going to happen.

70% !! That's a massive increase in revenue. I wonder if this will just fuel further hyper inflation on player transfer values and wages ?? Effectively meaning nobody gains ??

Exactly that.

It will fuel wage increases for new signings and new contracts because clubs have extra money, but then as other players seek parity with those new contracts, the increase in wages will more than likely outweigh the extra money that clubs get from TV. Any clubs that don't use the extra money on wages will just fall further behind because no-one will want to go there because they don't pay as much as everyone else.

It's a false economy.

As someone on this forum dedscribed it, it's like someone in the theatre standing up to get a better view, then the person behind him standing up as a result, then the person behind him, etc etc, until everyone has the same view that they had before, but nobody has a seat.

if people dont like bent fine, but please stop with the bull shit that he is not a good footballer or a top finisher

Not so sure anyone has ever said that. Believe me, Im far from his biggest fan and I do think hes a good footballer and actually, a very good premiership goalscorer. No one can argue with that.

What people are saying (or certainly what I am saying) is that he is limited. And the teams he has played for are limited. I mean you look at the strikers out there - Demba Ba, Cisse, Jelavic. These are strikers who when they were first bought by their current clubs were not a level above us. And ironically you could get all 3 for the price of Bent. They offer so much more than Bent does. Its pointless having Bent scoring 25 goals a season if hes the only bloody one scoring due to his inability to bring players into the game, or hold the ball up for example. Thats not a criticism of Bent - Just a way of explaining how Villa 'as a team' may benefit from having a more all round striker.

We havent got the money or the time to wait around building a team around an ageing Darren Bent who after probably this season will be on his way down in terms of 'peak'. If it was Robin Van Persie or Aguero - fair enough. But its Darren Bent ffs. Hes really not that good enough to be basing a whole team around, nor demanding starting positions when his form isnt that good anyway.

it's like someone in the theatre standing up to get a better view, then the person behind him standing up as a result, then the person behind him, etc etc, until everyone has the same view that they had before, but nobody has a seat.

Reminds me of a place I know. Usually when absolutely nothings happening. :)

• Like 1

Really?? I hate them.

Got to say there's something about matches under floodlights, especially near crimble time, everyone's happier, atmos always seems better and seing a win, on the freezing cold night makes it even better. Love heading towards Nov/Dec matches, when it gets dark before full time. I'd rather that than Saturday 12.30 kick offs.

Got to say there's something about matches under floodlights, especially near crimble time, everyone's happier, atmos always seems better and seing a win, on the freezing cold night makes it even better. Love heading towards Nov/Dec matches, when it gets dark before full time. I'd rather that than Saturday 12.30 kick offs.

But when you lose a midweek game and you have to trudge back to the car in the pouring rain and freezing temperature, then sit there wet, in the traffic with people driving slower than normal because of the conditions just makes me miserable and depressed. Hey perhaps it's just me because I prefer warmer climate.., going off topic now anyway so will leave it there.

Edit... I do agree about early ko... What's wrong with 3 on a Saturday?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â