Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

For all you saying that no-one better would come in to replace him, didn't Everton sign Jelevic for a third of what we paid for Darren Bent?

There is better around, if you have the right people looking.

Agree with this completely.

Not sure what Lambert is thinking not playing Bent. He is our best player and is scoring for us in the league. Why on earth drop him? Dangerous games if PL is dropping him to prove a point coz it could turn around and bite us later in the season.

Perhaps he thinks he is picking the best team to get a result playing the tactics he wants

I dont think Bent is a Lambert type of player, which is a shame because he is a good goalscorer, under the right tactics. But these things happen.

Bent is not bigger than the club and we should not throw everything up in the air to please him. If Lambert thinks he can get better results using other tactics then great

I'm one for 'set aside the personal shit and do what is best for the team' approach.

Having our best striker on the bench on account of a manager's 'I'm the boss' gesturing isn't terribly clever and I'm sure there must be better ways to get your point across.

If it turns out that Lambert just doesn't fancy him and wants to take the team in a different direction, then fine.

I just think it is detrimental to our cause if we rely on the young/inconsistent strikers rather than a proven goalscorer.

Perhaps he thinks he is picking the best team to get a result playing the tactics he wants

I dont think Bent is a Lambert type of player, which is a shame because he is a good goalscorer, under the right tactics. But these things happen.

Bent is not bigger than the club and we should not throw everything up in the air to please him. If Lambert thinks he can get better results using other tactics then great

I agree with this entirely.

Not sure what Lambert is thinking not playing Bent. He is our best player and is scoring for us in the league. Why on earth drop him? Dangerous games if PL is dropping him to prove a point coz it could turn around and bite us later in the season.

Because he isn't our best player nor even close to being our best player !!!

True but then you could go back to Ellis and say that he shouldn't have sold it the club to Lerner because he then hired Eck who then wanted to buy N'Mongbia etc etc - you can't blame the board for backing the manager, whoever he is/was, you can only really blame the manager for the players he signs, IMO anyway.

i reckon bent will start the next game for us, he gave benteke a chance which he must have earned in training and with his goal. he just **** up 2 very good chances which after the match PL said one should have gone in and it could easily have changed the game.

i'd read that, along with given being benched etc. as benteke will be back on the bench and see if a newly motivated bent can start scoring regularly again...

Thats just it though, Lambert clearly thinks he can get better better results using other tactics but in the cold light of day he isnt. Our start has been crap and his diamond formation is quite simply bollocks.

Glad to see Bent on the bench. Not playing well enough to warrant a place in the team.

Benteke looking a bit off but even his bad touches mean he is invovled in the game, our Darren doesn't bother to get involved.

Lambert is not doing it out of spite, I imagine he enjoys winning too much to bother with that nonsense.

Glad to see Bent on the bench. Not playing well enough to warrant a place in the team.

Benteke looking a bit off but even his bad touches mean he is invovled in the game, our Darren doesn't bother to get involved.

Lambert is not doing it out of spite, I imagine he enjoys winning too much to bother with that nonsense.

He has been playing better than our other strikers.

One always keeps sticking behind that quote. "No the type of player for his tactics". That is something which belongs to Sam Allardyce and not someone we want at Villa Park. Look at Alex Ferguson when he got Robin van Persie. Does he "fit" in with his playing pattern, certainly not, but he sure as hell went on to purchase the guy when he was available for 20M. Especially when it is a striker, whose sole mission is to score goals basically. What player would fit into his plan then? Someone who contributes a bit more in the play and wins headers? But I guess that guy wouldn't score 20 goals each season, because that player would be Radamel Falcao or even Leo Messi. Good players, especially striker in my opinion, are always welcome in a very struggling side. Darren Bent would start for perhaps 15 of the 20 clubs in the Premier League on any given day, tell me why he is not good enough for the one ranked 15th.

Bent is not bigger than the club? Yet another quote which is taken out of thin air when people are struggling to find the problem and even the perpetrator. You are damn right he is not bigger than the club, but that is not the point, because I am perfectly sure he will stay in the Premier League if/when we relegate in May 2013 if this show continues. What keeps you up is a goalscorer, like Darren Bent did for us under Houllier or even Marcus Allbäck when we were seriously struggling under DOL. Not that he scored many goals, but he did score vital goals in 2003 (ish). You are talking about not doing everything to please him, but where has this situation come from? He is our best player and suddenly our manager decides not to pick him, something the media loves to write about - I guess Bent is just baffled and keeping it up in training. He can talk to journalists and tell them the truth which is his prerogative, and when he sees his replacement miss sitters he is right to feel hard done by after all.

All in all; if Bent has trained poorly, kept poor behaviour, asked his agent to sound the market behind Villa's back or just not given a 100%, then fine, Lambert is right to bench him. However, we are struggling immensely in the league and we have barely scored goals - now is not the time to start experimenting with new strikers who have never shown the ability. I have huge hopes for Benteke, but right now we need a solid, proven International to score the goals so we can avoid getting caught under the relegation dotted line. And I really hope that Lambert isn't showing up to the media and the fans to let us know he is the boss just because some lazy journo decided to get on Bent's back after he was benched the first time. We will see during the next weeks when we start to play the really good teams in this league; just how good are our new youngsters and how smart was it to play everyone at the same time.

Bent is our topscorer, he was our topscorer last year as well. He scores goals and that is what we need just like vs. WBA, that warrants him a place in our team just fine.

Lambert enjoys winning too much? Perhaps if he played our best players and kept the best ones in the side we would have had a little bit more than 1 win in 7 games. Also known as the worst start we have ever had in the Premier League-history.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â