Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I was stunned to see him on the bench again today...really, just a terrible move by Lambert...unless he was punishing Bent for complaining to the press...either way, it's troublesome. For me, there is no decision to make. You start the player with a proven record of scoring goals over a 21 year old who doesn't. Just a baffling move to sit Bent two weeks in a row...

• Like 1

We were 2-0 down, spurs were in full control. Not a lot he could have done.

He NEEDED To start today and Lambert got it Wrong.

Exactly thats what I mean. There's no point starting him on the bench and him coming on and doing F all.

He should start from the get go.

Yep, there may be a hidden agenda to cash in and get him off the books ?

Surely then it would be better to have him in the side and scoring goals to increase his value before selling him than alienating him so he has to go for about £10m. I just don't understand the logic at all, if he got dropped for what he said then Lambert must be very thin-skinned. I know we most likely wouldn't have beaten Spurs anyway and I still expect us to improve in the new year but having a 20-goal a season man has kept sides in the division before. It's a dangerous game imo,

20 goals a season? He's only managed that amount 3 times in his entire career.

Considering he's only 28 and was only a bit part player for Spurs plus was injured last season that's not bad going. I'm sure if he played 38 games he would score above 20 goals considering he is now at his peak.

he should be at a better club being looked after by a better manager. I think he will be sold in January and replaced with whoever is top scorer in league 2 at the time

• Like 1

he should be at a better club being looked after by a better manager. I think he will be sold in January and replaced with whoever is top scorer in league 2 at the time

Do you think you might be overreacting on the back of another poor result ?

**** him, couldn't give a rats arse if he stays or goes.

Good goalscorer, but a shite all round footballer. If we got £18m for him (I don't think anyone would pay anymore than £14m now) there are plenty of better strikers around to replace him, and fit in with our manager's style.

Get rid IMO.

I reckon Darren would have been the most fired-up player at WHL today. Not only did he have a point to prove to Lambert, but I'm sure he would have loved to get one over a former club. What happens though!? He gets left on the bench; this is despite him scoring two goals in two PL games whilst the person starting ahead of him is taking air shots in front of a gaping goal. Shit footballing decision and a shit man management decision.

I agree with a poster on another thread: I'm starting to think Lambert is a word removed. The shit/poor decisions are tallying up and we're only just into October!!

Having a player like Darren Bent is all well and good but if you can't get the ball to him he's useless

I'd say we have one of the weakest midfields in the Premierleague

He's a luxury we can't afford imo if we had decent supply he'd be first pick week in week out but i think he needs to be sold in January or the Summer so we can completely rebuild the team starting with Centre Mid

I'd rather us use the money and bring in 2 - 3 decent players than have 1 striker

Maybe Lerner will surprise us and invest to the degree where we do not need to sell him but i seriously doubt it

Grant Holt was used in a similar way last season by Lambert. Lambert did start Holt in games, but he also liked to bring him on as a 'supersub' quite often.

I don't think this approach really suits Bent's game though, he thrives off consistency. I thought it was the wrong decision to leave Bent on the bench today, and so it proved as Benteke fluffed two chances you would expect Bent to put away. alas, it's easy to judge in hindsight.

Stil think Lambo is doing it right.

If Bent had kept his trap shut he would have started. Benteke has missed some big chances, but at least he is getting in those postions. Gabby on the other hand has done sweet FA since his city heroics, he should be dropped, and we start with Bent and Benteke.

Maybe Lerner will surprise us and invest to the degree where we do not need to sell him but i seriously doubt it

Just to add to that, there was a lot of talk today that Lerner has slapped a very big wedge on the table for Jan. Just passing on what I heard.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â