Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

You could use Bent to get Dembele. Dembele will go to a top 6 club in the summer, but Fulham need a striker. A swap could possibly be done in Jan. Bent can easily be replaced with a better player for not much money, but the chances of you being able to sign a player of Dembele's quality (I'd love Spurs to sign him) aren't going to come along that often. He's only got 18 months left on his contract, so Fulham will have to sell in the summer. I think he'll go to Arsenal, but given Johnson and Zamora look to be leaving Fulham, you could use Bent to tempt them to let him leave in Jan.
Bent for Dembele? Are you **** serioues?

You could use Bent to get Dembele. Dembele will go to a top 6 club in the summer, but Fulham need a striker. A swap could possibly be done in Jan. Bent can easily be replaced with a better player for not much money, but the chances of you being able to sign a player of Dembele's quality (I'd love Spurs to sign him) aren't going to come along that often. He's only got 18 months left on his contract, so Fulham will have to sell in the summer. I think he'll go to Arsenal, but given Johnson and Zamora look to be leaving Fulham, you could use Bent to tempt them to let him leave in Jan.

Rather than get into a debate about this, lets just remember this post and we'll come back to it in the summer.

I'll state now that if you pulled off and deal in which you could do a straight swap it would be a steal. I'll assume you think the opposite.

If we're getting ready for the Championship might aswell get it over with and just get Andy Johnson & Lee Hughes up top

Lee Hughes will most likely be in jail again v. soon. Marlon King though would be available.

Actually if we could get Beckford & Nugent up top, that wouldn't be too shabby

Disturbing that some so called 'fans' are trying to spread bollocks about fall outs etc, with no ounce of proof!

How about this, he was out buying Randy's xmas present. About as much merit as claiming he has fallen out with anyone.

Keep hearing about how he is going to be sold, why would anyone buy him when he's been shit, something people seem to be forgetting.

We've created less than last year but he's also missed a lot of the chances we've created for him!

Indeed.

He's a Spurs fan. For some reason they're desperate to try and make out as if Bent isn't a top striker, when in reality he'd be the #1 man at Spurs too. God forbid their club makes a mistake in letting someone go.

Rather than get into a debate about this, lets just remember this post and we'll come back to it in the summer.

I'll state now that if you pulled off and deal in which you could do a straight swap it would be a steal. I'll assume you think the opposite.

I'd rather a bloke with a proven track record. Bent isn't scoring now because of our tactics, or rather lack of.

I'd rather a bloke with a proven track record. Bent isn't scoring now because of our tactics, or rather lack of.

I'm not talking about signing Dembele to score lots of goals, but to play in the role he currently does for Fulham. He'll be signed by one of the big clubs in the summer, but I'm suggesting you use Bent in order to try and snatch him now. I doubt it's realistic but the chance to sign a player of Dembele's class wont come along that often and Fulham need to striker and are aware they will lose Dembele soon. There are strikers around that will score more goals than Bent if given the same playing time, that can be bought much cheaper. But there aren't many of Dembele's class that attainable for a club in your current position.

Considering only Drogba and Rooney have scored more than Bent over the past year (and RVP now?) who are these cheaper strikers who will score more?

I'm not talking about signing Dembele to score lots of goals, but to play in the role he currently does for Fulham. He'll be signed by one of the big clubs in the summer, but I'm suggesting you use Bent in order to try and snatch him now. I doubt it's realistic but the chance to sign a player of Dembele's class wont come along that often and Fulham need to striker and are aware they will lose Dembele soon. There are strikers around that will score more goals than Bent if given the same playing time, that can be bought much cheaper. But there aren't many of Dembele's class that attainable for a club in your current position.

How about no?

Well what we have required for years is a striker who can score a lot of goals. Now we have one but our tactics do not suit. I'm not interested in a striker who doesn't score at the moment, which looking at Dembele's track record suggests he is one of these players.

Of course I'm not saying he might be a good acquisition for somebody in the future, but not for us now and certainly not a swap deal involving Bent.

So we swap Bent for Dembele to create loads of chances? Great, so then we just need a proven striker to take those chanc....oh.

1 word:

IVANHOE.

I've been called some pretty harsh things in my time, but that really takes the Heskey.

Fulham couldn't afford Bent.

Dembele ain't that consistant, has his moments but dosen't score much. I'd say Dempsey is equally as good for them and wouldn't cost that much.

Ironic though that McLeish wanted Dembele for SHA...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â