Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

He is a goal machine straight and simple, create the chances he will (9 times out of ten) put them away. Do not create the chances and he looks redundant. Trouble is that when he does then get the odd scrap the odd sniff of a chance the pressure will be on to convert 9 out of 10 to 10 out of 10 and no striker is that good, especially when rusty. Another vicious circle.

Best striker we have had in 30 years for me but then we take away the one thing he needs to do his job.

totally agree.

and so fustrating that we've needed a player like this for years, and when we get him we don't make use of his skills.

It doesn't take a rocket science to work out that Bent's attitude looks downbeat from last season. McLeish even said he was frustrated from the lack of service he got in the Wolves game.

Also, remember the reasons which he stated for signing for us?

Well, if i were him, i would be thinking ive been taken for a prize prat. I wonder if the manager was told a similar pack of waffle?

I can't see him putting up with this lack of service for too much longer.

He will want out in January.

I absolutely agree for me the clock is ticking for his departure now. Soon the fans will start saying "what the f does Bent do? He has been shocking this season" then we'll try and convince ourselves he is crap and we could do so much better.

He is a goal machine straight and simple, create the chances he will (9 times out of ten) put them away. Do not create the chances and he looks redundant. Trouble is that when he does then get the odd scrap the odd sniff of a chance the pressure will be on to convert 9 out of 10 to 10 out of 10 and no striker is that good, especially when rusty. Another vicious circle.

Best striker we have had in 30 years for me but then we take away the one thing he needs to do his job. Brilliant

He'll want off and I do not subscribe to the view that there aren't many clubs he could go to. There are clubs that will come in for him

let's just get it straight - we didn't take it away. the supply line forced its way out the club.

let's just get it straight - we didn't take it away. the supply line forced its way out the club.

So nothing the club did or didn't do made the supply line want to up sticks and leave. Club were totally blameless and the supply line both (coincidentally) decided of their own free will that they wanted to move?

So nothing the club did or didn't do made the supply line want to up sticks and leave. Club were totally blameless and the supply line both (coincidentally) decided of their own free will that they wanted to move?

pretty much

they both made it clear they were off

Young? Not blameless at all. He went to United with a year left on his contract.

Could have kept Downing for another year though or held out for more.

I don't know how exactly we could have stopped Young from moving?

The supply line did force it's way out of the club but the club should be doing their best to replace it which they are not.

We did sign N'Zogbia.. I consider him the Downing replacement.

Yes, we haven't replaced Young but you're suggesting they've not addressed the supply issue at all..

I think the club have been slightly naive to think the Albrighton, Gabby and Ireland were going to be adequate replacement for Young though. Maybe if we could play all 3 at the same time...

The supply line did force it's way out of the club but the club should be doing their best to replace it which they are not.

Yes, we haven't replaced Young but you're suggesting they've not addressed the supply issue at all..

I think the club have been slightly naive to think the Albrighton, Gabby and Ireland were going to be adequate replacement for Young though. Maybe if we could play all 3 at the same time...

He wasn't that good. He's shining for Man U right now but that's because he's in a much better team and doesn't constantly have 2 or 3 players on him. Let's be honest here, on the whole Young was nothing spectacular last season. Doesn't mean I don't still wish he was here mind you.

Best striker we have had in 30 years for me but then we take away the one thing he needs to do his job.

I'm another that completely agrees with this

Albrighton has now spent more time out of form rather than in form so the jury is out on him for me , Gabby has never been a supply line and Ireland hasnt shown good form in over 2 years. So to think any of these or the three of them together even could replace Ash ws very stupid from the club. IMO.

We've took away his legs? :suspect:

Better than Dwight? :notsure:

Better than Dwight? :notsure:

Hes good, but pales in comparison to Yorke!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â