Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I don't think anyone has said grealish will solve all our creative problems. But at the moment we look pretty toothless in attack.

I actually said that surely grealish, Cole and nzogbia could create a few chances for bent. Why that's been turned into grealish is our saviour I don't know.

at the moment we look pretty toothless in attack

That'll happen to most teams in world football when their two main forwards are out long-term. As long as we continue to keep it tight at the back we'll be in a good spot when the others return

at the moment we look pretty toothless in attack

That'll happen to most teams in world football when their two main forwards are out long-term. As long as we continue to keep it tight at the back we'll be in a good spot when the others return
Not arguing with that, I think we will be. My point was about trying different players in attack. I wasn't criticising, I know we're missing key strikers. Edited by DCJonah

I think the mentality right now is if we risk getting experimental for a temporary fix, it could throw the progress of the team as a whole. I'd think that given our start, that's a relatively sensible approach, too. Play people where they're going to be played when Benteke and Kozak are back

Couldn't Cole, grealish and nzogbia play when benteke and kozak are back?

I don't see how dropping out of form attacking players could effect the progress of the team. We've only played 2 games.

No I agree that Gabby and Wiemann shouldn't be near the first team, but I'm just pointing out why I think they are. Andi does well with Benteke, and Gabby will have a bit more space when CB is getting all the attention. I don't agree with either of them starting right now, I just think that the logic is that they'll be playing when Benteke is back, and the guys behind them will be playing with them will be too, so there's an attempt to keep it all as consistent as possible

Edited by P3te

Can we stop taking about Bent starting instead of Gabby now please?

Neither deserves to start.

Neither does Andi. So where does that leave us?

With no funds to replace average players.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â