Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Reminder that Senderos wasn't even wanted by Fulham.

It's what he can offer he that counts and as a team that really struggled to score goals I think we could have done with another option.  Would he score over 10 goals? No probably not but I think he could have been a useful option and helped us pick up a couple of extra points towards the end of last season.

• Like 1

I dont think we have the necessary supply line to accommodate Bent. I also feel that he is not a team player. He's a bit of a passenger and his work rate is very poor. In short, we cant afford to carry a passenger in the team. I think he would have been sold in this window if Benteke and Kozak were fit.

Bent looked good when we had Downing and Young t omake chances for him. We don't have that type of player or formation now so he won't fit into the team.

Sell him if possible and replace him if need be however with Weiman, Gabby as back up there is Tekkers and Kozak to come back so questionable we need a replacement.

People seem to be ready to knock this guy the minute he plays. He has a proven track record at this level, other players have shown it is possible, given the right encouragement, for players to refind some form, Hutton is a good example. Agbonlahor has been shit for YEARS yet gets nothing like the dogs abuse Bent gets. Given the same chances , Bent will put away more goals than Gabby or Weiman. He's worth giving a chance in my opinion.

• Like 3

there always has to be a 'i hate' bandwagon on these boards

Hate for Hutton has been temporarily postponed, most want to hate Senderos but it seems he's doing alright.

Ireland and Bannan aren't here anymore and Bennetts on loan.

So Gabby and Bent are the current whipping boys, despite the fact we are only two games in. 

I expect Zog will miss a few chances in coming weeks and the hate will come his way next.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

He will be off loaded with gabby and delph this season imo. 

A cool 10m a year (give or take a couple of quid) off the wage bill with just those 3 alone. 

Absolutely madness money.

He's a good poacher but one that we can't afford if we play players like Gabby and Weimann around him. Now if we stick Joe Cole behind him and Zoggy and Grealish on the flanks things could get interesting.

That would be classed as attacking football though so I highly doubt we will see that.

• Like 1

I dont think there is any point using Bent as a impact sub. He isnt going to win you a game with a moment of class or unlock a door. He is going to win games for you by playing for 90 minutes and taking that chance when it comes and keeping the the defenders busy. He is has to start or not play at all. That said, he hasnt a good season in 4 years and looks out of shape to boot.

one of the issues we had in the first two games is there have been some decent crosses but no-one in the middle to meet them, I don't know if Bent is the best player to do that, but if Gabby, Zog and Weimann are constantly going to float down the wings, someone has to go central.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â