Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I desperately wanted us to sign him, as at the time all we had missing was a poacher to finish off Young & Downing's work.

Today he would be useless in our team, as he's a terrible footballer, so he was rightfully shipped out.

BTW, why would we not sell him for £4m but would loan him out? I take it there was no bid?

I see Darren's been running his mouth in the papers. Why can't players just keep their mouths shut?

I agree with what Gabby has said on Twitter: how about just don't come back.

I was happy with him being professional but I guess that was just as he held out for a move.

• Like 1

Daily Mail

He raged: 'It was really difficult at Villa because we weren’t allowed to play in any matches, a few of us were kind of alienated to train with the kids. It has been difficult. There were times when I was thinking: ''Do I really deserve this?''

'It’s all well and good not being part of the squad, but to be treated like we have is bad. At the same time, I’m trying to put all that behind me. I’m a Fulham player, I’m happy to be a Fulham player and I’m looking forward to kicking on from here. I feel like I’ve got a lot of football in me.'

He added: 'It was horrible. It wasn’t so much the injuries, although they certainly didn’t help, it was just the uncertainty. There were times I was in the squad and times I wasn’t and there was just no explanation why. 

'I understand that not every player can be every manager’s cup of tea, but to be alienated like that, to be kicked out of the first-team dressing-room, when I’ve played a long time, when I’m an international, just felt a bit disappointing. 

'I’m not just hungry to play football again, I’m absolutely starving. I’m ready to get going. Hopefully for the next game I’ll get a piece of the action.'

I like Lambert a lot but that is poor treatment of a player. Bent didn't deserve that.

I wouldn't mind going through what he describes as a "horrible" experience for the amount of money he got.

Doesn't matter. It's a short career and he obviously enjoys playing. How many seasons in the Premier League does an average player have? Hardly want to be wasting them. Some are totally in it for the money, others not so much. 

Yeah real ballsy doing this straight after a loan has gone through, even if he has a point. We al knew it anyway so this was more off a having a go at Lambert. 

can't blame him.

• Like 1

He's just being honest. We have had it hard to sell these players as Lambert has not played the, and devalued them. New strategy needed tog get did of deadwood in future

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â