Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Not sure how I feel about this.

On the one hand we needed to get rid but we're still paying part of his wages and he's still technically a villa player.

I guess it depends on if this deal allows us to bring someone in.

Anyway I think the bomb squad can well and truly put to bed the idea that MON was soley to blame for financial problems.

On the one hand we needed to get rid but we're still paying part of his wages and he's still technically a villa player.

Anyway I think the bomb squad can well and truly put to bed the idea that MON was soley to blame for financial problems.

Fulham are paying his full wage

I'm hoping he has a pretty good season, so when he comes back in a years time there will be no end of suitors wanting to pay top dollar (as far as a 30 year old striker goes) for him, I think it's a good deal and one that has lots of benefits to it. Sure, we'd all like to sell him and be shot of the 1 season wonder, but sometimes we don't always get what we want. Clearly doesn't fit at Villa anymore.

He leaves Birmingham for London and gets to play for a better club, 

You think Fulham are a better club? What a ridiculous comment.

Maybe he means better team.

I thought reports suggested they were paying the majority.

Nope - 2mill loan fee up front, full wage, further 3 mill next season if they want to make it permanent.

It was Palace that wanted to split the wage.

Edited by villan_007

Nope - 2mill loan fee up front, full wage, further 3 mill next season if they want to make it permanent

Where did you hear that?

Nope - 2mill loan fee up front, full wage, further 3 mill next season if they want to make it permanent.

It was Palace that wanted to split the wage.

Makes it better if that's the case then.

Nope - 2mill loan fee up front, full wage, further 3 mill next season if they want to make it permanent

Where did you hear that?

1. @Ryan_Waring @MatKendrick We have taken a loan fee plus they are paying ALL his wages so that will allow another in if PL wants one

2. @HowardHodgson @MatKendrick in that case I'll doff my cap on a cracking bit of business, well done Paul Faulkner!

3. @Ryan_Waring @MatKendrick Indeed. Decent deal for all concerned really inc Bent who keeps his £70K wages whilst he re establishes himself

For all the twitter haters, HH has said from pretty much day 1 that he would end up at fulham.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23711266

Darren Bent: Fulham boss Martin Jol quiet on signing claim

Martin Jol has refused to confirm that Darren Bent is set to sign for Fulham, but wished Crystal Palace manager Ian Holloway had kept quiet about it.

Holloway told BBC London 94.9 that his proposed move for the Aston Villa striker had fallen through and Bent, 29, was set to join the Cottagers.

Fulham boss Jol said: "I'm not sure other managers should say that because we're not 100% sure about any player.

"Maybe he's right, maybe not. We will see in the next day or so."

Darren Bent's club history
  • Ipswich August 2001 trainee
  • Charlton June 2005 for a fee of £2.5m
  • Tottenham June 2007 £16.5m
  • Sunderland August 2007 £10m plus add ons
  • Aston Villa January 2011 £18m plus add ons

While Jol refused to be drawn on Holloway linking Fulham with Bent, he did admit that he is in the market for at least one striker.

The Dutchman added: "I've got a few players on my list, but it's not easy because a good player is a good player, so we will have to wait and see.

"I am happy with all my players, but I've always said we need pace upfront. We had four, but now we've got only two [Hugo] Rodallega and [Dimitar] Berbatov. That's what I'm working on.

"We won't pay the big transfer fees. We've got a certain amount in our budget. Ideally, we would get in two or three new players."

Holloway had earlier said: "Fulham could wait a lot longer than we could so we've tried to force it, they've stepped in, took our deal.

"I was told last night (Wednesday) he was coming to us. I was told this morning (Thursday) he was coming to us. It's life.

"They [Fulham] are bigger sharks than us. My chairman's going to have to get used to that."

Bent, a club record £18 signing in 2011, was sidelined at Villa for much of last season following a hamstring injury and the emergence of Christian Benteke.

He scored only six goals in 23 appearances for the Villans last term, his last goal coming in the final league game of the season at Wigan.

Fulham have so far made six summer signings, including striker Adel Taarabt on loan from Queens Park Rangers and goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg from Roma for an undisclosed fee.

Edited by Phumfeinz

I'm a little bit sad that he's leaving, but understand that we can't afford a substitute on his wages!

I will always be grateful for his goals in 2010/2011 that helped keep us up, but realise that he has lost his place in our side to a superior player.

We can debate about systems to suit players, but I personally think this 4-3-3 that we had for the last 12 games or so last year really suits us, and for me DB isn't taking any of those front 3 roles unless there is an injury.

Best of luck DB, you'll always get a warm reception from me at VP!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â