Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Well that would just be plain silly, add an extra third to the price for doing what was bought for. Mind you I wouldn't put it past the board of the day.

Depends how they sell it though.

"His price is £24m but if you go down this season and can't afford it, we'll just settle for the initial £18m". In that situation it's not an extra £6m, it's just demanding the full price for being a Premier League side the next season with the TV money that goes with it. TBH given the scenario we were in at the time, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if that was a clause.

On the other hand I doubt Sunderland would have agreed to a clause relating to us qualifying for the champions league. They must have suspected that was an unlikely scenario to say the least!

It's always in there trust me. You've got to remember the prior 3 seasons we were knocking on the door, easy to forget now.

On the other hand I doubt Sunderland would have agreed to a clause relating to us qualifying for the champions league. They must have suspected that was an unlikely scenario to say the least!

It's always in there trust me.

Not too sure why I would. Have you done a lot of premier league contract clause work?

Well that would just be plain silly, add an extra third to the price for doing what was bought for. Mind you I wouldn't put it past the board of the day.

Depends how they sell it though."His price is £24m but if you go down this season and can't afford it, we'll just settle for the initial £18m". In that situation it's not an extra £6m, it's just demanding the full price for being a Premier League side the next season with the TV money that goes with it. TBH given the scenario we were in at the time, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if that was a clause.

There's a possibility for sure but I doubt it. There was rumours of a payment last season, that could have been the 50 premier league appearances, I think they might have gambled on the last game to help sell him.

It's always in there trust me.

Not too sure why I would. Have you done a lot of premier league contract clause work?

I talked to someone who worked at Wolves years ago, I don't know for a fact, but I remember he told me about add ons then...things might have changed, and the fact that most transfers are paid over 2-3 years.

Is that Micheal Jackson statue  an add on & somehow holding up the deal? (I'm pretty sure It's definitely more mobile than DB but  does it score goals?)

Come on get a bloody move on & sign DB now.

As they say at Nike

Just Do It.

123. simple as ABC? Your havin' a laugh ....................This is certainly no Thriller.

ps - shove that statue Off The Wall ;)

Edited by villa-revolution

Does anybody know how much we actually paid for Bent in the end? I doubt we triggered all the add-ons. I'm guessing around £20m?

I doubt much more than the £18 million. It's usually appearances, goals, international caps and goals and champions league qualification. There might have been an extra £500k for 50 appearances that's about it I guess.

I always assumed one of the add-ons was dependent on us staying up the season we bought him also.

I did say one of the add-ons. Not the entire £6m sum dependent on that one condition.

I talked to someone who worked at Wolves years ago, I don't know for a fact, but I remember he told me about add ons then...things might have changed, and the fact that most transfers are paid over 2-3 years.

Think the Premier League brought in a rule where you'd have to pay all the installments over the course of a year however I'm not sure if it was passed at that AGM. In fairness it makes a lot more sense, you could be like Wolves and get relegated back to back and still be paying off a transfer fee for a player that you bought whilst in the PL.

Edit: For Football League Teams, also case for PL.

Any such payment which is not dependent on the happening of a contingent event may be made either in one lump sum or in instalments provided that all such instalments are paid on or before the expiry date of the initial contract between the Club and the player.
Edited by Folski

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â