New kits

villa4europe

Just came in to post the new Napoli away kit above, that JOE.ie just alerted me to.

Now I'm no rocket surgeon but isn't it probably not the bestest idea in the world to design a top that literally tries to hide your team-mates from you?  That really does beggar belief.

Well, unless they're planning on playing a match in a forest or some bushes, it's not really camouflage is it?

United had trouble with their grey strip too though. I think I'm safe in saying that they're not really strips that lend themselves to standing out in a crowd.

Well, unless they're planning on playing a match in a forest or some bushes, it's not really camouflage is it?

United had trouble with their grey strip too though. I think I'm safe in saying that they're not really strips that lend themselves to standing out in a crowd.

Did they really though? Or was that just the excuse used for the team playing shit? I always saw it as a brilliant piece of management by Fergie. Along the lines of "Right you lot, you've disgraced one shirt..... **** off out there and don't disgrace this one!" 

Yeah but my point is the Napoli kit doesn't "literally try to hide your team-mates from you" because in a football stadium, it's not camouflage.

Did they really though? Or was that just the excuse used for the team playing shit? I always saw it as a brilliant piece of management by Fergie. Along the lines of "Right you lot, you've disgraced one shirt..... **** off out there and don't disgrace this one!"

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we ever saw that top worn after the Southampton game. Now I realise it could be said that they were just keeping up the charade, but I don't think it's unreasonable that it is harder in the hustle of a football game to pick out a team-mate wearing a grey or camouflage top than one wearing a white or red top for example :)

I'm not disputing that BOF and I'm sure it is. Maybe I'm deluding myself that it was quite a nice psychological trick to play - blame the shirt, take the blame from the players. Fergie was never above such tricks, its why he was so good. 

im sure they didnt win a game when they wore it. Wasnt that the kit in the 3-1 VP win for us that season.

Still not as bad as the Ireland orange kit from same period, that was a classic WTF jersey.

am suer was Umbro as well

im sure they didnt win a game when they wore it. Wasnt that the kit in the 3-1 VP win for us that season.

Still not as bad as the Ireland orange kit from same period, that was a classic WTF jersey.

am suer was Umbro as well

It was an English conspiracy, Zat. ;)

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think we ever saw that top worn after the Southampton game. Now I realise it could be said that they were just keeping up the charade, but I don't think it's unreasonable that it is harder in the hustle of a football game to pick out a team-mate wearing a grey or camouflage top than one wearing a white or red top for example :)

It doesn't really make a lot of difference to the players - they don't really notice the crowd.  The only important thing is that the two teams look different.

If the crowd as a background had a real impact the fans wouldn't be allowed to wear the same colours as the home team.

• Like 1