Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Nothing, I'm just saying I liked how we were regarded as a club under MON.

Everyone used to say how they liked Villa since we had a likeable manager and we had a lot of young exciting English talent - Ash Young, Milner, Davies, Agbonlahor, Barry, Downing, Luke Young, Heskey etc etc

Also, we were regared as an exciting counter attacking side with lots of pace (Agbonalhor, Ash Young, Milner/Downing etc)

IMO we played a lot of shite hoof football, smash it up to Carew or Heskey, we would have never won much with an English only attitude.

MON

06/07 - 43 goals for, 41 goals against GD +2

07/08 - 71 goals for, 51 goals against GD +20

08/09 - 54 goals for, 48 goals against GD +6

09/10 - 52 goals for, 39 goals against GD +13

KMac, GH & GMac

10/11 - 45 goals for, 58 goals against GD -13

Shite hoof football please :D

And blow millions and millions every year!

Please.................... We could manage a football team like this. Have millions to spend and keep spending it until finally it runs out and you have no plan B of how to stay top six with out it!!!!

Houllier has already spent 30 million and we've managed to pull from 18th to 14th. Go Houllier!

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this not a next villa thread, not former or current (?!) villa manager thread. Its been said before but if Moyes is available and wants to come to us, go and get. Proven quality in the premier league, brings young players through etc etc etc. If he is available, anyone else is a gamble.

I think because of our wage bill we will start to look at foreign talent whoever the manager is as players from abroad generally take cheaper wages compared to english players.

Football finances programme this week, Karren Brady said "Wages were at 91% of turnover (at West Ham)" - to that alan sugar was incredulous. Ours were up over 80% under Monny. That is not a functioning business. Above all i want villa here for my kids and grandkids.

Everyone used to say how they liked Villa since we had a likeable manager and we had a lot of young exciting English talent - Ash Young, Milner, Davies, Agbonlahor, Barry, Downing, Luke Young, Heskey etc etc

Also, we were regared as an exciting counter attacking side with lots of pace (Agbonalhor, Ash Young, Milner/Downing etc)

IMO we played a lot of shite hoof football, smash it up to Carew or Heskey, we would have never won much with an English only attitude.

MON

KMac, GH & GMac

Please.................... We could manage a football team like this. Have millions to spend and keep spending it until finally it runs out and you have no plan B of how to stay top six with out it!!!!

Houllier has already spent 30 million and we've managed to pull from 18th to 14th. Go Houllier!

No he hasn't!

MON

KMac, GH & GMac

No he hasn't!

How much then oh wise one?

I'm quite happy with the draw against Wigan.

We have played an awful game, as we did for all the season apart three or four games (whose the best agianst WHUFC with KMC on the bench), and so it's quite clear that we have in the team many crap and overpaid players and a big, big managerial problem. If we would have won the last useless three games, on one hand our table wouldn't be improved, and on the other hand there was the possibility that GH and his managerial staff were confirmed, whereas now I think that this can not happen. There will be a bit of fresh air with a new possibly young manager (Paul Lambert has always been my fav.) and new players.

MON

KMac, GH & GMac

No he hasn't!

18m for Bent.

4.1m for Makoun.

22.1m for the pair. Walker and Bradley are loanees so there's likely not a fee just the wages.

That's almost 30% less than the figure always bandied about.

"oh wise one"

MON

KMac, GH & GMac

No he hasn't!

18m for Bent.

4.1m for Makoun.

22.1m for the pair. Walker and Bradley are loanees so there's likely not a fee just the wages.

That's almost 30% less than the figure always bandied about.

"oh wise one"

You do realise Bent has actually cost up to 24m (which I was refering to). So overall that would be 28.1m that would still make me wrong, but a hell of a lot closer than your total.

I'd like to see a German manager. How about a team of Joachim Low and Mathias Sammer? Style, with organisation. I think Low has a contract with German national team until 2014(?), but what an opportunity!

I didn't know that Villa played in the Bundesliga...

I'd like to see a British manager - Hughes, Moyes, McClaren, Lambert, Curbishley or Allardyce.

Interesting take on my suggestion.... :shock:

I see no reason for a British Manager. If you don't like Germans, what about Deschamps...or even Rjikaard?

Frank Rijkaard is top of Aston Villa’s wanted list if Gerard Houllier cannot return next season.

The former Barcelona and Holland coach, 48, has been out of football since leaving Turkish side Galatasaray last October.

And the Dutchman, who starred in the Holland team which won Euro 88, is understood to be keen to work in the Premier League.

Rijkaard led Barcelona for five years until 2008 and won the 2006 Champions League and two league titles.

His first coaching job was leading his national side to semi-finals of Euro 2000 and his appointment would show the ambition of Randy Lerner’s club.

Houllier, 63, has been on leave from Villa Park since suffering a heart scare last month and has yet to make a decision about his future.

Assistant manager Gary McAllister has taken charge of team affairs and led Villa into mid-table.

The Frenchman only arrived at Villa Park in September after Martin O’Neill’s abrupt departure from the club.

Houllier had major surgery in 2001 after suffering heart-related problems when he was manager of Liverpool.

The Mirror

I'd like to see a German manager. How about a team of Joachim Low and Mathias Sammer? Style, with organisation. I think Low has a contract with German national team until 2014(?), but what an opportunity!

I didn't know that Villa played in the Bundesliga...

I'd like to see a British manager - Hughes, Moyes, McClaren, Lambert, Curbishley or Allardyce.

Interesting take on my suggestion.... :shock:

I see no reason for a British Manager. If you don't like Germans, what about Deschamps...or even Rjikaard?

He wants a British manager and no foreigners. He also wants an English manager and coaching staff for the England national team because he feels if we won anything under Capello, it would be a victory for the Italians, not us, despite it being 11 Englishmen on the pitch.

We need to get rid of the all the foreigners, including Randy. We are a British club and need everything British.......

Ein Reich, ein Volk, Ein VILLA!

Frank Rijkaard is top of Aston Villa’s wanted list if Gerard Houllier cannot return next season.

The former Barcelona and Holland coach, 48, has been out of football since leaving Turkish side Galatasaray last October.

And the Dutchman, who starred in the Holland team which won Euro 88, is understood to be keen to work in the Premier League.

Rijkaard led Barcelona for five years until 2008 and won the 2006 Champions League and two league titles.

His first coaching job was leading his national side to semi-finals of Euro 2000 and his appointment would show the ambition of Randy Lerner’s club.

Houllier, 63, has been on leave from Villa Park since suffering a heart scare last month and has yet to make a decision about his future.

Assistant manager Gary McAllister has taken charge of team affairs and led Villa into mid-table.

The Frenchman only arrived at Villa Park in September after Martin O’Neill’s abrupt departure from the club.

Houllier had major surgery in 2001 after suffering heart-related problems when he was manager of Liverpool.

The Mirror

Wouldn't want him. Did poor at Galatasaray.