Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth do people think managers are queuing up for the Villa Job? First of all it looks like Houllier is staying but for the record.

Moyes - is not coming people. Everton wouldnt let him go and if he's in the frying pan why would he jump in the fire?

Lambert - He's a handful of games away from his moment in the sun and he's not going to scupper his Hoeseasons boating holiday by coming here.

Coyle - nope, not coming here either. Bolton wouldnt let him go and Bolton's his club.

The choices are -

Fat sweaty sam - Not for me. Couple of reasons, he's shit and his spoof tweets are too funny.

Gary Megson - Reportedly doesnt want the job as his veg stall just off the M62 has taken off.

Steve McClaren - This is the one for me. Wouldnt be a bad shout long term.

However all conjecture as M.Houllier is staying. I sincerely hope we don t end up in the position of having to draft in an ex player ala Newcastle and Shearer, for the last 4 games.

Who do you want ? and do you want a short term appointment to the end of the season or long term appointment made now who has the last 2 months to save us and assess his squad before the summer

I'd go for the second option and break the bank for Owen Coyle

I would, but I doubt Coyle would come to us right now. The summer yes, if we're still in the PL.

But not now.

Thus, I'd take Large Samuel Allardyce right now, in a heartbeat. Short term, perhaps, but he'd be as good a bet as anyone to keep us up ....

I'm with you on that one Jon, though I think we're in a minority. A lot of people citing his anti-football as the reason behind their disapproval, but on a personal note, as long as we stayed in the Premiership, I couldnt care less about the football in the short term.

What we need is a motivating speaker. Some one who speaks for the fans because they are a fan. Some one who doesn't give a **** about massaging a stupid ego or doing what the players wants, somebody who doesn't care about the politics or money, somebody who just loves football and somebody who can get the players believing and fighting in one team talk.

no thank you. he is a baffon, a very poor choice of amanger

Decent club manager, but yes Dem, he is a grade A bellend!

Who would you two have then? Put yourselves in Lerner's shoes for a minute.

no thank you. he is a baffon, a very poor choice of amanger

Decent club manager, but yes Dem, he is a grade A bellend!

Who would you two have then? Put yourselves in Lerner's shoes for a minute.

Exactly, it needs to be remembered that Lerner's shoes are the kind of shoes that wont dare to step on anyone elses toes. So you can rule out making big money controversial moves for Moyes or Coyle or anyone else in a high profile job for that matter.

In reality, you can rule out Lerner sacking Houllier before the end of the season for what its worth.