Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

Why doesn't he decide to leave on a mutual agreement ? Surely he can't be enjoying himself as Villa manager.

I know it will cost the club to pay him off, but it saves him and the board further embarrassment.

I think we should get Kevin Mac back in for the rest of the season. Everyone keeps saying that we can't go down because of the qaulity of our players. If this is the case then HAPPINESS in the players needs to be restored NOW as we are worringly running out of winnable games rapidly. With Arsenal and Liverpool as our final games we have to secure safety in the next few matches ! Otherwise I can see us going down as the shock team on the last day. Players were happy to play under Kev ! If he keeps us up then give him the job for next season.

Look how Roy Hodgson instantly turned the Baggies around. And i.m.o Di-matteo was manging better than Houllier.

Action needs to be taken.

££££££££££££££

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maclaren is no answer. when fans are delighted he got the england job, and after one good year with a good side in a crap league, he then got sacked in his next job thereafter. His "recovery" from the wally brolly ness is hardly inspiring.

did a great job at Twente.

"one good year with a good side in a crap league"

he's restored some credibility to himself but still not an obvious panacea to our ills.

And I'm not naming names for now, for the very reason there won't be all too many available right now - I'd rather caretaker it until the summer then we'll have a better pick of the options. It's a long term decision appointing a manager generally so waiting to get it right is preferable. No decent manager is going to come just on the offer of 8 games.

"one good year with a good side in a crap league"

he's restored some credibility to himself but still not an obvious panacea to our ills.

And I'm not naming names for now, for the very reason there won't be all too many available right now - I'd rather caretaker it until the summer then we'll have a better pick of the options. It's a long term decision appointing a manager generally so waiting to get it right is preferable. No decent manager is going to come just on the offer of 8 games.

He did more than a fair job at Middlesbrough.

A caretaker would just take us down and as you said we need a goddess to save us. It'll be too late in the summer. The options are limited but thats the way it is.

Houllier to last the season and keep us up. Moyes to resign as Everton manager at the end of the season realising that he cannot achieve anymore than he already has. Moyes to take over as Villa boss in the summer. We can but dream.

McLaren can't work again at a top level in England imo. He will never escape his reputation as useless, the wally with the brolly, in this country now. The moment anything even slightly went wrong the fans would be harking back to memories of 'Stevie G', forlorn looking men in dugouts with umbrellas and his dumb faux Dutch accent, and that would heighten any issues he had and noone would respect him as his reputation became further undermined.

He didn't cover himself in glory with Wolfsburg either and 1 success in the Netherlands and a constantly middling performance with Boro would put him firmly at the bottom of any list for me.

Still, this is all a rather pointless exercise as, as a number of people knew would happen, Mr Houllier is going nowhere.

Houllier to last the season and keep us up. Moyes to resign as Everton manager at the end of the season realising that he cannot achieve anymore than he already has. Moyes to take over as Villa boss in the summer. We can but dream.

Agreed

There was a rumour after the Everton game at our place in August that he was in the running for our mangers job. I was delighted to hear this and was like ' yes he's our man' !

He was the right man for the job

McLaren can't work again at a top level in England imo. He will never escape his reputation as useless, the wally with the brolly, in this country now. The moment anything even slightly went wrong the fans would be harking back to memories of 'Stevie G', forlorn looking men in dugouts with umbrellas and his dumb faux Dutch accent, and that would heighten any issues he had and noone would respect him as his reputation became further undermined.

Our country in a nutshell

I can't help but think that Moyes' ceiling would be the same as MON's ceiling, i.e. top 6/7 and no higher.

Obviously that's better than where we are now! But if we're looking long term, I'm not sure he'd deliver what we all want.

I can't help but think that Moyes' ceiling would be the same as MON's ceiling, i.e. top 6/7 and no higher.

Obviously that's better than where we are now! But if we're looking long term, I'm not sure he'd deliver what we all want.

:clap:

:nod:

:thumb:

:notworthy:

Steve McLaren!!!!!! The man was sacked from his last job with Wolfsburg for having them down the bottom of the table in a relegation battle. The Middlebrough fans were throwing their season ticket books at him after we drubbed them 4-0 at home under DOL. He is no better than what we currently have. The man would make us a laughing stock.

Name me one better and dont say Moyes or Coyle or Lambert because they're not coming.

You have to put yourself in the shoes of the board.

This

Sometimes I do wonder about Villa fans. They focus on the negatives of the manager rather than the positives. They also come across like we have a god given right for a top manager, when we clearly dont.

No no please not Sam Allardyce he plays crap football. Hel fit in bloody well then with this shower of shit!!!!!

No not Steve McLaren he got sacked from Wolfsburg. Yeah, he also won the league with them and got MIddlesbrough - Thats Middles 'fookin' brough to the UEFA cup final.

When are people going to clickl on (and I get slated everytime I say it), we are not that bigger club at all

I'm not saying we're a massive club and we'll go out and get Mourinho or someone of similar ilk. What I'm saying is that McLaren is no better than what we currently have, and by getting him in would not improve us. I would rather stick with Houllier for now, and give him the summer to rebuild with his players, than to dump him now for McLaren.

I don't recall McLaren winning the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg, maybe you're thinking of the Dutch league, which lets be honest is no way comparable to the quality of the Bundesliga or The Premiership. I think the negatives for McLaren far outweigh the positives in my opinion.

Is this sarcasm?

Steve McLaren!!!!!! The man was sacked from his last job with Wolfsburg for having them down the bottom of the table in a relegation battle. The Middlebrough fans were throwing their season ticket books at him after we drubbed them 4-0 at home under DOL. He is no better than what we currently have. The man would make us a laughing stock.

Name me one better and dont say Moyes or Coyle or Lambert because they're not coming.

You have to put yourself in the shoes of the board.

This

Sometimes I do wonder about Villa fans. They focus on the negatives of the manager rather than the positives. They also come across like we have a god given right for a top manager, when we clearly dont.

No no please not Sam Allardyce he plays crap football. Hel fit in bloody well then with this shower of shit!!!!!

No not Steve McLaren he got sacked from Wolfsburg. Yeah, he also won the league with them and got MIddlesbrough - Thats Middles 'fookin' brough to the UEFA cup final.

When are people going to clickl on (and I get slated everytime I say it), we are not that bigger club at all

I'm not saying we're a massive club and we'll go out and get Mourinho or someone of similar ilk. What I'm saying is that McLaren is no better than what we currently have, and by getting him in would not improve us. I would rather stick with Houllier for now, and give him the summer to rebuild with his players, than to dump him now for McLaren.

I don't recall McLaren winning the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg, maybe you're thinking of the Dutch league, which lets be honest is no way comparable to the quality of the Bundesliga or The Premiership. I think the negatives for McLaren far outweigh the positives in my opinion.

Yes your right the dutch league!! My bad. Although its no shite league when were considering Martin Jol on here is it? (Not aimed at you)

Thats fair enough if thats not what you were getting at, but I do get the general feeling, we are way to choosey.

Sam Allardyce, for example, would keep us up - That I have no doubt!!! But yet some people are worried about the football he plays. Well it cant get any worse, and Il take it over the championship anyday.

Is this sarcasm?

Nope!!!!

Sam Allardyce, for example, would keep us up - That I have no doubt!!! But yet some people are worried about the football he plays. Well it cant get any worse, and Il take it over the championship anyday.

I'm one of those.. i'm not worried by the football he plays, I just hate it.. he should be all the way down the list when it comes to emergency options not that I see him coming anyway.

Haven't read much of the thread so I don't know who has been suggested, but personally I would love to see Owen Coyle at VP. I was impressed with the job he did at Burnley and he has been superb at Bolton as well.

Unfortunately it is highly unlikely he will be at VP any time soon, but it would be nice.

If we stay up then it's unlikely that the board will want to get rid of Houllier, if we go down then would anyone like Coyle, Jol or Moyes fancy the challenge of getting rid of loads of players, trying to get us up, and then keeping us up afterwards? It does leave Allardyce, as much as I hate the man, who could do either job of keeping us up or getting us up. There was talk of Lerner being a big admirer of Moyes, so I agree that the best scenario is that we stay up and Moyes becomes available in the summer.