Alan Hutton

Rich_D

On 7/5/2017 at 00:18, Grasshopper said:

100%

It seemed to me that the opposition would deliberately allow Hutton as far forward as possible knowing he would 1- fall over 2- lose possesion 3- missplace his final pass or 4- cross to nobody. With Hutton now out of position it was easy to stretch our players either across the pitch or force gaps between the lines.

I cant believe that Hutton himself or Bruce constantly allowed this to happen time & time again.

well Bruce hasn't allowed it to happen......he is replacing him.;)

Alan Hutton will be gone soon.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Run with the ball

lose the ball

run back and try to win the ball

get praised for sorting out a defensive issue he caused

run with the ball

lose the...

You get my drift.

On 7/5/2017 at 00:18, Grasshopper said:

100%

It seemed to me that the opposition would deliberately allow Hutton as far forward as possible knowing he would 1- fall over 2- lose possesion 3- missplace his final pass or 4- cross to nobody. With Hutton now out of position it was easy to stretch our players either across the pitch or force gaps between the lines.

I cant believe that Hutton himself or Bruce constantly allowed this to happen time & time again.

Any, and I do mean any excuse :)

• Haha 3

I am so over watching him play. I appreciate he plays and gives it his all.. but so would i. Doesnt mean its good enough. He had a so called purple patch last season.. but for mine.. we are well covered with Bree De Laet Elmo and even Bacuna. Release him and free up the wages. Give the wing spot to a proper winger and let Elmo attack from the back. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They absolutely are not ironic.

A large part of the Holte End absolutely love him.

The window lickers that sit next to me can't get enough of Alan Hutton yet slag off Andre Green whenever he touches the ball.

Yup, get the same by me too. Some absolutely adore him for seemingly no reason. I don't get it. Yup, get the same by me too. Some absolutely adore him for seemingly no reason. I don't get it. He seems to have a bit of a cult following, and it's full of morons.

Edited by PieFacE

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Yup, get the same by me too. Some absolutely adore him for seemingly no reason. I don't get it. Yup, get the same by me too. Some absolutely adore him for seemingly no reason. I don't get it. He seems to have a bit of a cult following, and it's full of morons.

I don't mind Hutton being supported. he's a trier.

But he does seem to have an amazing amount of support compared to other players.

And like I said, when the same people cheering him are slagging off young players like Green it baffles me

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't mind Hutton being supported. he's a trier.

But he does seem to have an amazing amount of support compared to other players.

And like I said, when the same people cheering him are slagging off young players like Green it baffles me

Agreed with the last line, but I think Hutton is incredibly underrated...

...and that doesn't even mean he's a great player - he's pretty average.  However, on here, you'd think he's the worst player we've ever had in a Villa shirt.  I'd probably put him as our 4th best player last season (Kodjia, Adomah, Chester...).  Not a huge loss for us, but I really wouldn't be fussed with him staying.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Agreed with the last line, but I think Hutton is incredibly underrated...

...and that doesn't even mean he's a great player - he's pretty average.  However, on here, you'd think he's the worst player we've ever had in a Villa shirt.  I'd probably put him as our 4th best player last season (Kodjia, Adomah, Chester...).  Not a huge loss for us, but I really wouldn't be fussed with him staying.

He's probably slightly underrated on here.

But he is vastly overrated at VP. He gets more support than any other player. It's crazy

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He's probably slightly underrated on here.

But he is vastly overrated at VP. He gets more support than any other player. It's crazy

It's probably because he works his balls off, even if some of that is down to him giving the ball away, after seeing many players just go through the motions for the past few seasons, people will associate and take to someone who gives their all. 

Another reason he's probably endeared himself to the crowd is because since O'Neils counter attacking exciting football, we've had players who don't want the ball or just look to keep passing it sideways backwards. Hutton actually drives forward with ball and looks to create attacks. The problem half the time is other players don't get involved and he ends up isolated which in turn increases the odds of him losing the ball.

I live with a Spurs fan who really liked him and talks of him fondly from his time there. He probably had midfielders who were more forward thinking and helped support him when he drove down the touchline, therefore not just running into a cul-de-sac. 

He lacks a bit of discipline but if he had more support when he tried to build attacks he wouldn't have to race back so often. Also, when a full back attacks, isn't it customary for the defence to shuffle along so the rcb covers and the holding midfielder can drop back to keep us with a back 4. I see it alot elsewhere but when we do it, we don't seem to offer the same support. 

It doesn't happen on the left hand side because Taylor doesn't burst with the same power, pace or directness. Plus, Green or Amavi are more willing to help out defensively on the left than Adomah does on the right hand side. I think Hutton and Elmohamady on the right would work pretty well. Against Walsall, Bree have the ball away plenty of times then when I read the player thread afterwards, he was being talked up. I don't get it. If Hutton had played the same I think I'd be reading different comments. 

• Like 4

Can't wait to see the back of Hutton, together with Bacuna, Richards, Bunn, Cissokho and Gabby. I think they have all been poor for the last few seasons and their lack of quality contributed massively to our relegation. 

Veretout, Amavi and Gil could (should) be able to do a decent enough job at this level so wouldn't mind them staying although it appears all three will go or be gone as soon as possible. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wezbid said:

It's probably because he works his balls off, even if some of that is down to him giving the ball away, after seeing many players just go through the motions for the past few seasons, people will associate and take to someone who gives their all. 

Another reason he's probably endeared himself to the crowd is because since O'Neils counter attacking exciting football, we've had players who don't want the ball or just look to keep passing it sideways backwards. Hutton actually drives forward with ball and looks to create attacks. The problem half the time is other players don't get involved and he ends up isolated which in turn increases the odds of him losing the ball.

I live with a Spurs fan who really liked him and talks of him fondly from his time there. He probably had midfielders who were more forward thinking and helped support him when he drove down the touchline, therefore not just running into a cul-de-sac. 

He lacks a bit of discipline but if he had more support when he tried to build attacks he wouldn't have to race back so often. Also, when a full back attacks, isn't it customary for the defence to shuffle along so the rcb covers and the holding midfielder can drop back to keep us with a back 4. I see it alot elsewhere but when we do it, we don't seem to offer the same support. 

It doesn't happen on the left hand side because Taylor doesn't burst with the same power, pace or directness. Plus, Green or Amavi are more willing to help out defensively on the left than Adomah does on the right hand side. I think Hutton and Elmohamady on the right would work pretty well. Against Walsall, Bree have the ball away plenty of times then when I read the player thread afterwards, he was being talked up. I don't get it. If Hutton had played the same I think I'd be reading different comments. 

Fair play for a spirited defence of Alan. Trouble is, at the end of the day, he's just a bit sh*t.

• Like 1

No doubt that he gives it 100% and I am pleased for him that he the support of the fans now, but moving forward he is not the answer by any stretch.  It seems to me that he is so eager to impress that he just take one to many touches, or tries to take on too many when other options were available.  We have other options now and for me they have to be ahead of the Scottish Cafu. 

5 hours ago, Wezbid said:

He does try hard.

But he's not very good.

Neil taylor is a considerably better player than hutton.

And I don't buy that Hutton lacks support going forward. He regularly has support, but unfortunately his final ball is abysmal.

• Like 4

He doesn't even work his butt off. Just because he runs forward like a madman and takes a 30 yard first touch doesn't mean he works hard.

The amount of times I have watched this guy jog back or amble around the half way line as the opposition fly forward is unbelieveable. Am I the only person who sees this? Am I going crazy?!?!?!?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

He doesn't even work his butt off. Just because he runs forward like a madman and takes a 30 yard first touch doesn't mean he works hard.

The amount of times I have watched this guy jog back or amble around the half way line as the opposition fly forward is unbelieveable. Am I the only person who sees this? Am I going crazy?!?!?!?

I genuinely don't think he ambles back much.  He's almost certainly done it at some stage, but I remember more last ditch tackles than moments of ambling.

He's mainly disliked for being here so long IMO.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

No and maybe ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â