Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Not seen a reference to it but didnt Hutton Jump up and pull Konchesky towards him and so caused the headbutt :)

No not really.

For me the red card was a yellow for the challenge, and a yellow for the reaction (hence why Hutton also got a yellow)

Not seen a reference to it but didnt Hutton Jump up and pull Konchesky towards him and so caused the headbutt :)

No not really.

For me the red card was a yellow for the challenge, and a yellow for the reaction (hence why Hutton also got a yellow)

Hutton grabs his leg and pulls Konk towards himself as he is getting up.

No not really.

It was a straight red he was shown though wasn't it, not two yellows.  To me the challenge itself warranted a straight red, it looked nasty in the replays.

No not really.

It was a straight red he was shown though wasn't it, not two yellows.  To me the challenge itself warranted a straight red, it looked nasty in the replays.

Yeah it was, but I think the ref would have just given him a yellow if it wasn't for the reaction.

I don't think the challenge was a straight red.

but who knows. This is precisely the sort of time you wish refs could explain themselves.

I watched a replay of it last night. Konchevsky either says something really incendiary to get Alan to leap to his feet and confront him like that, or he spits on him (it's kind of hard to see because at the key moment, another player crosses between Konchevsky and the camera). If he spat and the ref or linesman saw it, it would certainly explain the red.

I thought it was kind of telling that Konchevsky didn't really protest at all when he was shown the red. His teammates did, of course, but that's to be expected.

• Like 1

Lambert was just following orders I reckon, from that pair of idiots Lerner and Faulkner.

/facepalm

Indeed.

I am sure Lambert loved bombing out an internatioanl right back who played his entire career in top flight football and replacing him with a league 1 player.

Lambert was just following orders I reckon, from that pair of idiots Lerner and Faulkner.

/facepalm

Indeed.

I am sure Lambert loved bombing out an internatioanl right back who played his entire career in top flight football and replacing him with a league 1 player.

Sorry, you've both lost me.  How does me saying that Lambert was following orders from people higher up in the club disagree with your comment?  I've said all along that I don't think it was Lambert's decision.

No not really.

Yeah it was, but I think the ref would have just given him a yellow if it wasn't for the reaction.

I don't think the challenge was a straight red.

but who knows. This is precisely the sort of time you wish refs could explain themselves.

On on of the replays you clearly see the red reach for his yellow before the afters.

/facepalm

Indeed.

Sorry, you've both lost me.  How does me saying that Lambert was following orders from people higher up in the club disagree with your comment?  I've said all along that I don't think it was Lambert's decision.

Was in response to the facepalm comment, which I took to mean, that the notion that the bomb squad was Lambert following orders was inconceivable.

I agree with you.

Hutton has obviously been bitten by some kind of rabbid animal. 

I cannot remember a player being so god awful to putting in regularly decent performances. 

I can only assume he got bitten by some feral beast whilst on loan in Spain....

• Like 3

Just read an article in the mail about how delighted he was to hear the Holte seranading him , brought a tear to my eye . Apparently it's the Walking in a Hutton wonderland ditty . I do take exception to the " he used to be shite " line , it should be " we thought he was shite " , after all a player is either shit or good . Hutton is a good player who went through a rough patch , that is the nature of talent , it fluctuates , unless your a Messi or Ronaldo .

• Like 2

I cannot remember a player being so god awful to putting in regularly decent performances. 

That's because in reality he never was. Just got associated with the whole McLeish hating thing. I really don't recall him standing out as particularly poor that season, in fact he probably played OK through a lot of very poor team performances.

• Like 1

I never thought he was that bad and got slated for it at the time. There were a few crap performers under McLeish but Hutton became the whipping boy because he was a McLeish signing. He has played well for Scotland a number of times since he was left out

• Like 1

/facepalm

Indeed.

I cannot believe that any manager would sign up to, and indeed remain in, a position where he is being instructed by people who have proved they know little about football, as to which players in the squad he can play. I would be disappointed in Lambert if that was the case. 

I prefer to think that it was his idea, that he saw it was not working and changed his mind, hence the bomb squad back in and young and hungry out, as that would show some guts.

I cannot believe that any manager would sign up to, and indeed remain in, a position where he is being instructed by people who have proved they know little about football, as to which players in the squad he can play. I would be disappointed in Lambert if that was the case. 

I prefer to think that it was his idea, that he saw it was not working and changed his mind, hence the bomb squad back in and young and hungry out, as that would show some guts.

It happens all the time I reckon.  Even that well-known control freak Martin O'Neill looked to have been told not to play Curtis Davis because of the pay rise that would kick in when he'd played a game or two more.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â