Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I didn't quite see what happened with him and Konchesky at the game, but to me it looked like Hutton had a bit of a swing at him and I thought he was going to get sent off. 

Nah he didn't.

Konchesky was standing over him, Hutton got up quite aggressively to be fair and got in his face.

The two went face to face/forehead to forehead and Hutton pushed him away, as he went backwards he appeared to try and headbutt Hutton.

Ref got it spot on in booking Hutton and sending off Konchesky.

• Like 3

I didn't realise until watching on motd2 that today was the first goal of his time at Villa.

For me that completes the comeback for him, and fair play to him for that.

I don't think the club exactly covered themselves in glory with their handling of him the last couple of years, but I don't think their treatment of him was disgraceful in any way.

To have come back into the side the way he has, and make himself one of the first names on the teamsheet is outstanding, and I can admit hand on heart that I had written him off and I was wrong.

Definitely my pots so far!

Edited by Woody1000

I'll take a big slice please

humblepie-e1288647520854.png

Seen criticism that Lambert discarded too quickly etc

Well for me that ignores what was going on at the time which was Lambert being told to reduce the wage bill and the fans at a couple of forums basically telling Lambert that Hutton was useless and shouldnt play for us again.

From what I remember there were rumours that outside activities were also in Huttons life when he first came to Villa.

Perhaps he has cleaned up all aspects of his life.

I don't think Lambert gave up on him.  He used to go and watch him play for Scotland, and Hutton has said he never had a problem with Lambert.

We forget that when at Rangers and he first came to Spurs he was very highly rated.

I'll take a big slice please

humblepie-e1288647520854.png

Seen criticism that Lambert discarded too quickly etc

Well for me that ignores what was going on at the time which was Lambert being told to reduce the wage bill and the fans at a couple of forums basically telling Lambert that Hutton was useless and shouldnt play for us again.

Lambert was just following orders I reckon, from that pair of idiots Lerner and Faulkner.

• Like 2

From what I remember there were rumours that outside activities were also in Huttons life when he first came to Villa.

Perhaps he has cleaned up all aspects of his life.

I don't think Lambert gave up on him.  He used to go and watch him play for Scotland, and Hutton has said he never had a problem with Lambert.

We forget that when at Rangers and he first came to Spurs he was very highly rated.

Ive been wondering when this idea was gonna pop up so i could jump on it and pretend i know what im talking about :)

but I loved his little interview on football focus earlier in the season coz he actually came across as a human being living a stable life. that can only be a good thing for us.

Also although i wish hed kept his arms down I do think the Alan hutton that took out Shane Long a few years ago would have gotten sent off yesterday and that maturity is what made koncheski look so foolish.

Really hope he keeps this up coz its just all good from him this season and hes really earned his moment in front of the Holte yesterday

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â