Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Without putting a downer on his performances thus far this season it has crossed my mind that maybe Hutton is playing for 'A move' away from B6!?

Rats on a sinking ship comes to mind.

That said, top marks to Aldo for his consistent performances.

Without putting a downer on his performances thus far this season it has crossed my mind that maybe Hutton is playing for 'A move' away from B6!?

Rats on a sinking ship comes to mind.

That said, top marks to Aldo for his consistent performances.

he just signed a new contract

I get where you coming from Zatman and I think I may have not entirely explained the logic on the original post.

The fact that our top performers are on the way out of the club, Vlaar & Delph and I wouldn't be surprised about Benteke joining the list come May.

Any decent player we have will surely notice the rest of our decent 'players' leaving and it surely must cross there minds too!

That said, yes he has signed a new contract but if his agent started touting him around and got him a move all it would take is for Aldo to slap in a transfer request and the contract he signed becomes irrelevant.

The fact he has a contact is good news for the club as we will get a higher fee.

Moral of the story.. contracts are not the be all and end all as bugger all suprises me in football these days.

Must have coached him some proper football into him while he was at malaga, seems to have come back a much better player. Don't say much for our coaching abilties if true though does it??

That's 2 threads now you've mentioned coaching with absolutely 0 evidence other than your own speculation as a way of putting the current regime down.

There's enough sticks to beat lambert with currently (and all of them totally fair) without making crap up.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

Must have coached him some proper football into him while he was at malaga, seems to have come back a much better player. Don't say much for our coaching abilties if true though does it??

Funny that, isn't it.

Anytime somebody shows the result of what might be bad coaching, you blame Lambert.

Whenever somebody shows the result of what might be good coaching, you credit anybody but Lambert.

And it was Mallorca that Hutton played for. They got relegated and it was another 12 months after his return from there that he got back into our team. So crediting his current form to the coaching he received there is, to put it politely, a stretch.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

I don't feel he would have got a bigger move having been frozen out of the first team for as long as he has.

All I am saying is 100% hats off to Hutton for his professionalism and performances so far but I just wonder if he keeps playing how he has so far then surely other clubs 'above us' are going to notice this and start sniffing around for his services?

I don't feel he would have got a bigger move having been frozen out of the first team for as long as he has.

All I am saying is 100% hats off to Hutton for his professionalism and performances so far but I just wonder if he keeps playing how he has so far then surely other clubs 'above us' are going to notice this and start sniffing around for his services?

Has that mattered before? We don't usually sell our decent players off cheap to other clubs around us, I don't see why that would start happening now. 

Has that mattered before? We don't usually sell our decent players off cheap to other clubs around us, 

No we usually give them away for free. 

JOKE before anyone has a go

Edited by Richard

I get where you coming from Zatman and I think I may have not entirely explained the logic on the original post.

The fact that our top performers are on the way out of the club, Vlaar & Delph and I wouldn't be surprised about Benteke joining the list come May.

Any decent player we have will surely notice the rest of our decent 'players' leaving and it surely must cross there minds too!

That said, yes he has signed a new contract but if his agent started touting him around and got him a move all it would take is for Aldo to slap in a transfer request and the contract he signed becomes irrelevant.

The fact he has a contact is good news for the club as we will get a higher fee.

Moral of the story.. contracts are not the be all and end all as bugger all suprises me in football these days.

He is 30 and last year he was playing for Bolton.

He has been shifted everywhere in the last few years, I personally just thinks he wants to settle down at a club, feel at home and be appreciated.

He isn't going anywhere.

• Like 1

He is 30 and last year he was playing for Bolton.

He has been shifted everywhere in the last few years, I personally just thinks he wants to settle down at a club, feel at home and be appreciated.

He isn't going anywhere.

No worries. He belongs here.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â