Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Best player along with cleverley yesterday, never thought I'd be posting that sentence in this thread!

Silly to throw the ball away for their third though, didn't notice that happen until motd.

• Like 1

I think someone said in the Everton match thread that he seemed frustrated with his teammates and wanted to show them how it's done with his runs. I kind of agree with that. He ran like a man obsessed. Best moments of the match from our point of view.

He's still missing that final touch however. When he figures out what to do with the ball at the end of his runs, he'll be great. He's my favorite at the moment.

Considering he had a stinker for Scotland by all accounts, just shows his character and strength of mind to then put in a performance like that.

• Like 1

I think someone said in the Everton match thread that he seemed frustrated with his teammates and wanted to show them how it's done with his runs. I kind of agree with that. He ran like a man obsessed. Best moments of the match from our point of view.

He's still missing that final touch however. When he figures out what to do with the ball at the end of his runs, he'll be great. He's my favorite at the moment.

Considering he had a stinker for Scotland by all accounts, just shows his character and strength of mind to then put in a performance like that.

Exactly. We need more characters like him.

• Like 1

Best & most consistent player for us so far in my humble opinion.

Absolutely criminal that this player was allowed to drift through various loan deals & endure spells in the wilderness for the past 2 seasons. Hardly getting value for the money spent on his wages were we?

• Like 1

It was Hutton who tossed the ball over his shoulder for the free kick and hardly moved just before the third goal, wasn't it?

He intentionally threw it straight to one of their players and then turned his back on it when what he should of done was hold onto it for a while longer to allow us to get our shape.   He must of had a brain fart because it was really dumb. 

It was Hutton who tossed the ball over his shoulder for the free kick and hardly moved just before the third goal, wasn't it?

Yes, that was definitely a blot on his copybook but it was probably his only mistake, it only meant we lost 0-3 not 0-2 and in reality the entire defence had given up by that point. 

Still not you want from an experienced player though.

When he figures out what to do with the ball?.. It's the Villa, he will be sold.

Too many clowns jumped on the 'Hutton is shit' bandwagon before, many of whom had probably never seen him play. He was barracked and abused and became a scapegoat. His attitude has been most professional and he is easily one of the best players this season for us.

Edited by George Curtis

• 2 weeks later...

I can't tell if it's because you dislike Hutton or not.

It'd be great if Lowton showed better form, there would be plenty of competition for that spot which is always good.

Fair play to Hutton, he got a lot of stick over the years, from myself included. He's shown himself to be a true pro, despite the way he has been treated he kept his head down and worked hard. For that alone I'd like to see him performing well and becoming a regular, he could easily become captain material if he has the right attitude.

I'm not a fan of Hutton. Fair play to him he's done ok this season. I know Lowton has his defensive frailities but I prefer him as a footballer and think he did pretty well against Spurs.

Edited by PaulC

I'm not a fan of Hutton. Fair play to him he's done ok this season. I know Lowton has his defensive frailities but I prefer him as a footballer and think he did pretty well against Spurs.

They did target Lowton's side somewhat though. Something that I haven't noticed done to Hutton.

I'm so annoyed with these players that I can't tell where they should play. Lowton is a prime example of this. Plays a FB but is a good crosser and a liability defensively.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â