Dogs...

jonno_2004

Dogs?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Dogs?

• Love them
    • Hate them

Just now, HallGreenVillan said:

Got Dexter (Dude) husky/lab cross  8 yo (was wifes)

Kipper (so many nicknames) Staff/whippet cross 6 yo (was wifes)

and Tux (little fudger) sausage dog/jack russell cross (8 months old) ours 

Zeeta is now 6 too

Got your hands full then 🙂

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Bathed our two today and changed all the sofa throws and their bedding etc. Pain in the arse but yeah worth it.

The older 3 can't stand water, unless it's absolutely filthy, Tux seems more amenable

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, HallGreenVillan said:

I've mentioned before on this thread about how my dog and covid saved my life, I was fast approaching 50, been single for most of my life, morbidly obese, suffering from depression and anxiety, had the opportunity to take a month off for my birthday and was thinking about having a few weeks holiday abroad, had been considering getting a dog for years but never got round to it, but when covid reared its head, and travel was starting to be restricted thought it was the perfect time to get a dog and have a month to train it. Went to Birmingham dogs home a few weekends, and then it happened, went to the counter to enquire about a certain dog only to be told that the person in front of me had reserved it, asked me what I was looking for, explained I was single, working most of the week, needed a dog that would be ok on it's own for long spells and the woman said there was a dog, not on general viewing atm, as one of the kennels was being re-decorated, so she was on the 'ASBO' ward as i called it, she was an 18 month old cane corso (Italian Mastiff) named Versace (wtf) now named Zeeta (meaning - little girl in tuscan Italian). So I eventually took her home, walked her daily for hour+, met my now wife walking her while she was walking her dogs, lost about 6 stone in weight, and now live in a 4 dog household with my wife and one of her (of 4) kids, and my life has never been better, dogs are **** excellent, best £150 I ever spent.

Sorry to hear yours is on its last legs, my thoughts are with you and I'm dreading that day 😞

That's a lovely story. 

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's a lovely story. 

Thanks, not sure I would have survived covid without her, wasn't in a great space, I quit my job during covid due to my mental heath, was smoking weed from morning til night, drinking far too much (still am unfortunately), but luckily a mainly happy drunk 🙂 (I know I should stop/cut down) Now wife had to go through breast cancer, it's been 'A time' but despite the concerns, and occasional bad days couldn't be happier

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HallGreenVillan said:

Thanks, not sure I would have survived covid without her, wasn't in a great space, I quit my job during covid due to my mental heath, was smoking weed from morning til night, drinking far too much (still am unfortunately), but luckily a mainly happy drunk 🙂 (I know I should stop/cut down) Now wife had to go through breast cancer, it's been 'A time' but despite the concerns, and occasional bad days couldn't be happier

Watched my Old Man virtually disappear, before my eyes, from cancer. What a scourge it is.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, HallGreenVillan said:

I've mentioned before on this thread about how my dog and covid saved my life, I was fast approaching 50, been single for most of my life, morbidly obese, suffering from depression and anxiety, had the opportunity to take a month off for my birthday and was thinking about having a few weeks holiday abroad, had been considering getting a dog for years but never got round to it, but when covid reared its head, and travel was starting to be restricted thought it was the perfect time to get a dog and have a month to train it. Went to Birmingham dogs home a few weekends, and then it happened, went to the counter to enquire about a certain dog only to be told that the person in front of me had reserved it, asked me what I was looking for, explained I was single, working most of the week, needed a dog that would be ok on it's own for long spells and the woman said there was a dog, not on general viewing atm, as one of the kennels was being re-decorated, so she was on the 'ASBO' ward as i called it, she was an 18 month old cane corso (Italian Mastiff) named Versace (wtf) now named Zeeta (meaning - little girl in tuscan Italian). So I eventually took her home, walked her daily for hour+, met my now wife walking her while she was walking her dogs, lost about 6 stone in weight, and now live in a 4 dog household with my wife and one of her (of 4) kids, and my life has never been better, dogs are **** excellent, best £150 I ever spent.

Sorry to hear yours is on its last legs, my thoughts are with you and I'm dreading that day 😞

Delighted for you :thumb: It's mad how a sliding doors moment can completely change your life.

• 2 weeks later...

That dog attack in Rubery was horrific by the sounds of it. The guy was only 33, found him dead in his back garden. It's never good to assume but I always feel in situations like this that the dogs have switched because of some cruelty shown to them. Some owners can come across as terrible bullies. Apparently, it took the relevant authorities two days, after the attack, to find the dogs, which is an alarming thought. 

On 23/08/2024 at 18:49, sheepyvillian said:

That dog attack in Rubery was horrific by the sounds of it. The guy was only 33, found him dead in his back garden. It's never good to assume but I always feel in situations like this that the dogs have switched because of some cruelty shown to them. Some owners can come across as terrible bullies. Apparently, it took the relevant authorities two days, after the attack, to find the dogs, which is an alarming thought. 

The owner of the dogs was the victims brother I think I heard. They looked like two Staffys to me what I briefly seen of the video footage where the dogs were roaming about. I try and have sympathy for all included even the dogs who are also the victims. Pity we can’t put humans down like we do dogs. 

Dog is probably better off in a different house. Some people just aren't meant to have pet dogs.

Lily Allen is in the doghouse with PETA after a recent revelation, but she's firing back.

The "Smile" singer, 39, faced backlash on social media after revealing on the "Miss Me?" podcast that she returned a dog she adopted because "it ate my passport, and so I took her back to the home."

"She ate all three of our passports, and they had our visas in," she explained. "I cannot tell you how much money it cost me to get everything replaced, because it was in COVID, and so it was just an absolute logistical nightmare. Because the father of my children lives in England, I couldn't get them back to see their dad for like four months, five months, because this (expletive) dog had eaten the passports."

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â