Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

On 16/08/2024 at 00:46, Tegis said:

And another one. 🤬 And why he feels the need to drag them down to the basement when every other kill/catch-release is displayed on the front door carpet is a mystery. The discussion of indoor cats is valid

eLsmi3I.png

Serial killers love their trophies 

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Serial killers love their trophies 

He got a partial comeuppance yesterday, came in with his ear nicked and bloody, and a bloody paw, and some grey fur in his claws. Obviously lost that kerfuffle. Deserved!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tegis said:

He got a partial comeuppance yesterday, came in with his ear nicked and bloody, and a bloody paw, and some grey fur in his claws. Obviously lost that kerfuffle. Deserved!

And learned absolutely nothing from the experience 🤣 Classic cat

• Haha 2

Oscar came home around 10 last night, soaking wet from head to toe, and it hadn't been raining, so he'd been in a completely submerged state and he was covered in muck as well. All signs pointed to a bog that abuts a field about a quarter mile from my house. The only explanation for why he'd have been underwater in it is that he was running away from something. It was a major calamity trying to clean him in the bathtub. He didn't want anything to do with more water of course, and I was just piling on the trauma, the poor guy. Mud was all over the bathroom and front hallway. I was up until 2am cleaning and drying him and observing him for signs of injury or bite wounds. And then all the cleaning up the muck.

He pissed in the hallway when he could've used his box which is very weird. I slept for a few hours and took him to the animal clinic because of the piss and his hiding under the bed and not eating. The vet didn't notice anything that concerned her and she thinks his odd behavior is a trauma response from almost being eaten, and then the jump into the bog to escape, and then me manhandling him in the bathtub. 

I keep my other cat indoors at all times, and I'm hoping Oscar decides that it isn't worth it to wander into the wild again, or even step outside at all. I live in coastal Maine very close to the water, and the noise of village life and busy roads. But we still get predatory animals here like fisher cats (think mongoose), coyotes, bobcats and black bears. It's rare to lay eyes on these creatures where I live, but they're out there. Foxes too, but I'm only concerned about them if they're rabid.

Oscar is a tough guy and loves being outdoors and patrolling his perimeter. I just hope if he insists on going out again, he shrinks the scope of it and stays closer to the house.

Bog Oscar.jpg

Edited by maqroll
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

On 22/08/2024 at 19:23, HeroesAndVillans said:

I'm considering getting a cat and am currently looking for shelters near me, very excited.

Please consider a black cat, they are always the last to be re-homed.

I have a black cat that I got from a shelter and he has a great character and is very affectionate.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Please consider a black cat, they are always the last to be re-homed.

I have a black cat that I got from a shelter and he has a great character and is very affectionate.

Thanks for the tip mate, it was between black and orange for me but if black cats need the help more I'll be sure to look their way now.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Thanks for the tip mate, it was between black and orange for me but if black cats need the help more I'll be sure to look their way now.

Orange?

We call them ginger over here, Mr Wilson 😎

• Haha 1

On 26/08/2024 at 16:22, maqroll said:

Oscar came home around 10 last night, soaking wet from head to toe, and it hadn't been raining, so he'd been in a completely submerged state and he was covered in muck as well. All signs pointed to a bog that abuts a field about a quarter mile from my house. The only explanation for why he'd have been underwater in it is that he was running away from something. It was a major calamity trying to clean him in the bathtub. He didn't want anything to do with more water of course, and I was just piling on the trauma, the poor guy. Mud was all over the bathroom and front hallway. I was up until 2am cleaning and drying him and observing him for signs of injury or bite wounds. And then all the cleaning up the muck.

He pissed in the hallway when he could've used his box which is very weird. I slept for a few hours and took him to the animal clinic because of the piss and his hiding under the bed and not eating. The vet didn't notice anything that concerned her and she thinks his odd behavior is a trauma response from almost being eaten, and then the jump into the bog to escape, and then me manhandling him in the bathtub. 

I keep my other cat indoors at all times, and I'm hoping Oscar decides that it isn't worth it to wander into the wild again, or even step outside at all. I live in coastal Maine very close to the water, and the noise of village life and busy roads. But we still get predatory animals here like fisher cats (think mongoose), coyotes, bobcats and black bears. It's rare to lay eyes on these creatures where I live, but they're out there. Foxes too, but I'm only concerned about them if they're rabid.

Oscar is a tough guy and loves being outdoors and patrolling his perimeter. I just hope if he insists on going out again, he shrinks the scope of it and stays closer to the house.

Bog Oscar.jpg

How is he now? Back to normal I hope. 

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

How is he now? Back to normal I hope. 

Yes! He's back on the prowl, but I think he's been sticking closer to the house. He was a bit shaken up with the whole ordeal.

• Like 1

Speaking of cats ... Trump gone cray cray ... what a weird man.

spacer.png

Former President Donald Trump went on a bizarre rant during the ABC News debate Tuesday night when he claimed that undocumented migrants are eating cats and dogs in Ohio – leading to a fact-check from moderator David Muir.

Over the last few days, the Trump campaign has promoted a false rumor that Haitian immigrants in Ohio are abducting and eating pets. The former president even promoted the claim via social media by reposting AI images of him defending cats and ducks.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â