Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

4 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Our worst fears. We’re all broken right now. 

so sorry to hear that mate. really is the hardest thing to do, even if it is what's best. no one apart from pet lovers gets it. 21 is a great age, but it's never long enough

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Had to take my cat into the vets today. She's started showing signs of heavy breathing, almost like she was struggling. Ultrasound done and diagnosis is Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, so Heart Disease. They're clearing the fluid off her lungs and will see how she is in a few hours - but it's just going to be about managing quality of life for her now I think.

13 years old, she's had a loving and enjoyable life thus far - especially after we rescued her when she was 1.5yr old (she was being used for breeding)

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/09/2021 at 13:07, Tegis said:

Woke up at 6, the cat was doing something under the bed.
Savage ginger word removed. How he got it through the cat-flap I will never know.

DfPjLHy.png

hRQRNvr.png

Woke up to some proper commotion in the basement. The little word removed did it again. Please stick to mice and rats if you please :(

K0V52t7.jpeg

• Shocked 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 15/02/2024 at 13:38, Dante_Lockhart said:

Had to take my cat into the vets today. She's started showing signs of heavy breathing, almost like she was struggling. Ultrasound done and diagnosis is Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy, so Heart Disease. They're clearing the fluid off her lungs and will see how she is in a few hours - but it's just going to be about managing quality of life for her now I think.

13 years old, she's had a loving and enjoyable life thus far - especially after we rescued her when she was 1.5yr old (she was being used for breeding)

She passed about an hour ago. What an emotional **** evening with that game going on at the same time. 

I was playing snooker and the missus phoned me to come back. Caught her final breaths as I sat with her. 😢

9 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

She passed about an hour ago. What an emotional **** evening with that game going on at the same time. 

I was playing snooker and the missus phoned me to come back. Caught her final breaths as I sat with her. 😢

so sorry mate. i know it's of no comfort but nice that she was in her own home with you guys. having to take them to the vet is such a traumatic way for them to spend their final minutes

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Think I've mentioned on these pages about a friendly cat we used to have visit a lot. It first came round as a very young cat about 15 years ago. 

Anyway, we haven't seen it for a couple of years. It had had issues with its fur and had disappeared for weeks at a time before. 

Anyway we had assumed it had died or something or the family moved away. 

However it's just turned up at the back door meowing to be let in. Like nothing had changed in 2 years. Really strange. Hope it's not one of those cats who have walked miles to get back to their old house! 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Since we moved to the Shires (mate) I think our cats have got a bit lazy. They only seem to pick on poor little voles and shrews, at which I give them a proper bollocking.

In fact our ginger, Freddie, will bask in the sun in plain view of two big rats that come from down the embankment and he does **** all.

Now apart from being lucky enough to live in a rural area, our neighbours run an abandoned animal sanctuary, and the lady there is well chuffed with our Freddie.

Why?

Check the video she sent us this morning.

spacer.png

Still got the skillz, just doing it for someone else :crylaugh:

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2024 at 13:04, Tegis said:

Woke up to some proper commotion in the basement. The little word removed did it again. Please stick to mice and rats if you please :(

K0V52t7.jpeg

And another one. 🤬 And why he feels the need to drag them down to the basement when every other kill/catch-release is displayed on the front door carpet is a mystery. The discussion of indoor cats is valid

eLsmi3I.png

7 minutes ago, Tegis said:

And another one. 🤬 And why he feels the need to drag them down to the basement when every other kill/catch-release is displayed on the front door carpet is a mystery. The discussion of indoor cats is valid

eLsmi3I.png

Bona fide killing machine.

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

eLsmi3I.png

secret stash just for him. thinks you can't hear what's going on. whenever you get rid of one he needs to replace it.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â