The Arab Spring and "the War on Terror"

legov

ISIS needs to be stopped ASAP...NATO must step in now, they are lining up massacre after massacre.

The world cannot just sit and watch this happening.

It's pretty small scale compared with what the US has managed in recent years. Which is not to defend it, before you ask.

How about tackling the Saudis? Like, kill the snake at the head? Any interest in that?

They do that and we'll be riding our bikes to work.
As a Green member, I can only say, "carry on!". Or " bring it on" (tiresome US expression).
Presume you typed this on your solar panel laptop :)

ISIS needs to be stopped ASAP...NATO must step in now, they are lining up massacre after massacre.

It's pretty small scale compared with what the US has managed in recent years. Which is not to defend it, before you ask.

How about tackling the Saudis? Like, kill the snake at the head? Any interest in that?

Okey...So you are saying that it's Saud Arabia that is behind all this mess ?

Ive heard it before that it is bored princes from saud arabia that is funding all the terror in the world..but i have not seen any evidence of it, yet..

So you want the U.S to invade saud arabia and try bring democracy to another Islamic hell hole..good luck with that.

So, I'm not suggesting the US invade Saudi. They are so linked, the idea is unbelievable.

I guess you don't know that, from your posts?

I know that the U.S and saud arabia are close friends..U.S has a huge military base there (and that was one of the things that Usama  bin laden was so pissed off about)

U.S buys alot of oil from them and makes them even richer..So what are the saudis purpose with funding terrorists ?

And farting on each other to keep warm

Ive heard it before that it is bored princes from saud arabia that is funding all the terror in the world..but i have not seen any evidence of it, yet..

So you want the U.S to invade saud arabia and try bring democracy to another Islamic hell hole..good luck with that.

So, I'm not suggesting the US invade Saudi. They are so linked, the idea is unbelievable.

I know that the U.S and saud arabia are close friends..U.S has a huge military base there (and that was one of the things that Usama  bin laden was so pissed off about)

U.S buys alot of oil from them and makes them even richer..So what are the saudis purpose with funding terrorists ?

To promote Wahaabiism.

To destabilise alternative regional centres of power.

To deflect aggressive religious zealots from attacking Saudi.

To keep the oil deals sweet.

• Like 1

As a Green member, I can only say, "carry on!". Or " bring it on" (tiresome US expression).

If it's so tiresome, why use it?  :)

Presume you typed this on your solar panel laptop :)
Actually I set it in print in recycled hotprint letters, using wax personally gathered from individually cultivated beehives, in the light of our ever regenerating mother moon.
  • Like 1

If it's so tiresome, why use it?  :)
I don't, except as translations for the furriners. :)

Another day and the head count keeps rising;

ISIS has posted video of the execution of a captured Kurdish fighter, in a warning to Iraqi Kurdish leaders to end military cooperation with Washington, a monitoring group said.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2014/Aug-29/268915-jihadists-behead-iraq-kurdish-fighter-monitor.ashx#axzz3BaGvh8TY

Edited by Ads

I know that the U.S and saud arabia are close friends..U.S has a huge military base there (and that was one of the things that Usama bin laden was so pissed off about)

The US military left Saudi and moved to Qatar in 2003 after we invaded Iraq and the Royals said they were no longer welcome.

Saudi is not stable at all. When the current king dies (and he's a very ill man) it could, IMHO, go Pete Tong in short order and they face multiple external and internal threats.

AQAP in Yemen have killed lots of Saudi border guards recently and to call that boundary porous is the under statement of the century - I've accidentally crossed it before without even realizing for about 2 hours!

They have the ISIS threat to the north (far removed from their pet AQ hoods), the Shia Houthi rebels in northern Yemen, an internal slow burning Shia problem in eastern Saudi (where most of the oil is), a restive population and western allies who are making warm overtures to their arch enemy Iran. Not a great scenario for them.

On Israel, the Nusra Front (official AQ in Syria) have taken the Syrian side of the border crossing with Israel in the Golan Heights so are now face to face with the Jewish state.

There isn't a facepalm picture violent enough to convey my emotional response to some of these posts.

Ha which ones?

my post of course, as ive said its just my opinion and i think a lot of normal honest folk would agree with me. there will be more terrorist attacks but thats not what im on about. i think in many years to come radical islamists will be in government positions all around the world especially in europe and it will start from there. already large parts of cities and towns across europe are already being turned into mainly muslim only areas. sorry if i offend anyone on here and ive not got any problem with your normal peace loving muslim but there is a big problem in the islamic faith and its getting worse, i know there are problems with other faiths as well but no other faith threatens the world like radical islam does imo.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Not trying to troll you Rugeley, but personally I get an awful lot more grief where I live and in my job from people off their tits on drugs and booze 4 or 5 nights of every week.

That will teach you to move next door to Rugeley

the only problem chrisp65 would have with me is that i play my horrible music way to loud  :)

• Like 1

Not trying to troll you Rugeley, but personally I get an awful lot more grief where I live and in my job from people off their tits on drugs and booze 4 or 5 nights of every week.

the only problem chrisp65 would have with me is that i play my horrible music way to loud  :)

Rainbow and Nazareth I seem to recall having a soft spot for when I was a kid.

I must have a couple of Nazareth albums up in the attic and a few days ago I found an old Motorhead / Girlschool cassette single! I would give them to you, I really would (my roof needs work).

Of course, I'm far too hipster for that stuff now, I'm all about Johnny Cash and late cheesey Vegas Elvis today, uh hu hu.

----

You need to worry a bit more about the Chinese though, they've bought more of Africa than ISIS could ever dream of driving around in a stolen Nissan Navara. 

• Like 1

Rainbow and Nazareth I seem to recall having a soft spot for when I was a kid.

I must have a couple of Nazareth albums up in the attic and a few days ago I found an old Motorhead / Girlschool cassette single! I would give them to you, I really would (my roof needs work).

Of course, I'm far too hipster for that stuff now, I'm all about Johnny Cash and late cheesey Vegas Elvis today, uh hu hu.

----

You need to worry a bit more about the Chinese though, they've bought more of Africa than ISIS could ever dream of driving around in a stolen Nissan Navara. 

love early rainbow but nazareth i dont like and motorhead after one song ive had enough. i just think this whole islamic threat gets played down but i really hope im wrong about it.

I think of it as the Theresa May threat level.

Me, too. Though to be fair it does having meaning and effect beyond arse covering or stoking fears in voters in a way politicians like, to rush through stuff, or make them look like they're doing something.

The worst example was that Heathrow airport thing under labour. But anyway, places will be more vigilant - the police, military bases, airports etc.

Which unfortunately seems like it is a sensible move for more than political reasons.

it has crossed my mind that the US have something to do with IS in the sense that i think there is an agenda of some sort, something dont seem right to me about the whole thing. infact i think at some higher level in the american government they are pro radical islam in the sense that they want it to snowball to suit their agenda.

IS are portrayed as the big bad wolf - no political representation, no real religious statement, they're just a black cloud of evil, murderous, nasty and coming to get you, in the media, they're represented in much the same way as Sauron's army...

They have both political and religious representation, he's called Caliph Al Baghdadi. They are not just swanning around "being evil" (although they undoubtedly are evil), they are state building, carving out a new country that knows no boundaries by using extreme violence, just the way Islam was spread in the beginning. That is what they are trying to recreate and you are incredulous because it is so alien to your value system - but it's very real and very ugly.

• Like 1

IS have a very distinct religious and political position; they've based their Caliphate on those that followed Mohammed and have therefore separated themselves from Saudi control and Wahhabism as a consequence.

As AWOL said, they're a very real entity and if left too long will become more of a Third World enterprise than marauding terrorist band. It will need ground forces to dig them out and push them back. There also needs to be another Sunni awakening from local tribesmen to keep them out. They may have seen IS as a lesser evil than Maliki's sectarian government, but then IS see the tribesmen as a means to an end too. Heads will roll.

Search the web, check out the ME press, watch some videos if you have the stomach. Saudi's Frankenstein has many other hands in it's creation, but it's very real.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â