The Arab Spring and "the War on Terror"

legov

I have usually been supportive to the idea that the state of Israel have to be able to defend themselves from a group that has clearly said that Israel must cease to exist in its charter.

I'm not sure anyone would argue about the right of Israel to defend itself but what they are doing goes way way way beyond defence.

Well I for one think this mindless slaughter is totally proportionate and in no way morally abhorrent.

You are quite right; the Israelis should definitely stick to the same level of proportional response we allow ourselves.

3000 killed in 911 attacks, 650 000 (according to Lancet survey) killed in Iraq, plus 20 000 in Afghanistan, as a response.

I don't think there's anything that more clearly reflects the schism between the desires of the electorate for action on its behalf and the influence on our elected representatives of our banks, corporations, media and lobbyists than Israel. It, more than any single other issue I can think of shows us everything that is wrong with the structure of our political systems - the will of the people is for sanction, for action, for intervention; overwhelmingly and consistently - and it really doesn't matter at all.

• Like 4

Glarmorgan, I don't think anyone here is blaming "The Jews"...people are disagreeing with policy set forth by Israeli politicians, their enablers and apologists in western governments, in particular the USA, whose calamitous Middle East policy is influenced in no small measure by the Israel lobby. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 3

Well I for one think this mindless slaughter is totally proportionate and in no way morally abhorrent.

You are quite right; the Israelis should definitely stick to the same level of proportional response we allow ourselves.

3000 killed in 911 attacks, 650 000 (according to Lancet survey) killed in Iraq, plus 20 000 in Afghanistan, as a response.

You don't like this country much do you ... You don't have a hook and are posting from a US jail by chance ?

Israel using DIME and flechette munitions in Gaza.

Complete words removed.

With social media these days you can see the videos of what is going on in Gaza. It is a blood bath. Severed bodies and blood everywhere . People running with nowhere to go, stuck in an open air prison.

A lot of people are hating on Jews for this, which is wrong as even many Jews are against this as they clearly state that Zionism is not Judaism, it's more of a political movement. I just don't get how Israel are allowed to get away with this.

I don't think religion even comes into it for most people in regards the events in Israel or Palestine.

People who assume criticism of Israeli to be born out of anti semitism really couldn't be more wrong.

Most people are just against the slaughter of children and civilians of any nationality or race regardless of which sky fairy they believe in.

I don't think religion even comes into it for most people in regards the events in Israel or Palestine.

People who assume criticism of Israeli to be born out of anti semi toms really couldn't be more wrong.

Most people are just against the slaughter of children and civilians of any nationality or race regardless of which sky fairy they believe in.

Agree with that, but there is however an issue of people attacking synagogues/mosques in response to atrocities carried out by jews/muslims in distant countries, assuming that all people of the same religion support and share responsibility for these acts, which is what I think is Ismail's point.

People who assume criticism of Israeli to be born out of anti semitism really couldn't be more wrong.

Good Post.

I think it's a lot more basic than that.  Israel get most of the criticism and rightly so because it's not a fair fight.  I would not watch Mike Tyson vs Ronnie Corbet but the news thinks this is a relevant news item.   :blink:

No one likes a bully and cheat to win anything,  right minded people in the world who don't believe in the sky fairies are also intelligent enough to know that a 7 foot bouncer who only beats up 2 foot midgets actually negates and nullifies one sides claim for a slightly more relevant invented fairy in the sky.  You cannot act like that and say it's for some fairy,  I would say that fairy is one fooked up fairy then and proves it don't exist and the more Israel fight the less credibility they have.  Fight fair or not at all or move and be the grown up.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â