Ronaldo V Messi

wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not sure why people are shocked he's still playing. These high profile sports personalities never know when to quit. See Andy Murray, Tiger Woods is a big one too, getting no where in golf lately, but thinks he can still win a major.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I'm not sure why people are shocked he's still playing. These high profile sports personalities never know when to quit. See Andy Murray, Tiger Woods is a big one too, getting no where in golf lately, but thinks he can still win a major.

A bit different in a team game where he gets selected to the detriment of the team, possibly down to outside influences, and just being a singles player and wanting to go on.  I suspect the rape thing in the U.S. means he won't carry on til the World Cup and Portugal can move on.

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

And out of those 8 Messi goals 3 are penalties from the last WC and 2 are direct free kicks. Kinda chocking how few goals from open play they have

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Golf doesn’t count, IMO. You can play and win money in major golf tournaments into your 70's.

I mean, why should Woods retire. If he has another 25 years in which he can make money doing what he loves? He's not beholden to teammates.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

And out of those 8 Messi goals 3 are penalties from the last WC and 2 are direct free kicks. Kinda chocking how few goals from open play they have

I rate penalty goals in a WC over most open play goals tbf. The pressure is insane, especially for those guys. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

tantrum about what?

He then refused to accept the runners up medal and stormed off the field instead. 

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

funny isnt it, went to Saudi for the wonga and to fluff up his career statistics so he can say he's the "bestest pwayer who eva lived, look at awl my goals im da bestest".

Even the way he stands for free kicks is choreographed as part of his persona/brand, it makes me puke tbh.

Then gets upset when his conference south 6th tier standard team mates cant play up to the standard he wants.

I dont like him tbh, he can fluff his numbers all he wants, but he will never better than messi.

(sorry for the rant)

I'm sure his teammates should have done more but it's a bit rich coming from a guy who for the last 3-4 years has had the work rate of a fish buried in the sand only moving when it's prey (the ball) is right in front of it.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

funny isnt it, went to Saudi for the wonga and to fluff up his career statistics (goals), so he can say he's the "bestest pwayer who eva lived, look at awl my goals im da bestest".

Even the way he stands for free kicks is choreographed as part of his persona/brand, it makes me puke tbh.

Then gets upset when his conference south 6th tier standard team mates cant play up to the standard he wants.

I dont like him tbh, he can fluff his numbers all he wants, but he will never better than messi.

(sorry for the rant)

I don't think he wanted to go to Saudi at first. I think when he said he wanted to leave United he thought a load of CL clubs would be in for him which just didn't happen 😂 And then Saudi was the next best thing.

Edited by Tom13

4 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I don't think he wanted to go to Saudi at first. I think when he said he wanted to leave United he thought a load of CL clubs would be in for him which just didn't happen 😂 And then Saudi was the next best thing.

There definitely would have been teams in for him. He just scored 27 goals in a season and couple of months for United. Plus then the massive exposure he brings to any club.

The move to Saudi must have been motivated by the insane amounts of money and chance to pad the stats.

Edited by Genie

6 hours ago, Genie said:

There definitely would have been teams in for him. He just scored 27 goals in a season and couple of months for United. Plus then the massive exposure he brings to any club.

The move to Saudi must have been motivated by the insane amounts of money and chance to pad the stats.

Not so sure there was. Ronaldo was offered to Eintracht Frankfurt. So probably offered to the rest as well.

Teams wanted him but he couldn't accept being a bit part player. He's too old to press and not many top teams would roll him out as a starting forward for 90 mins.

Not going to slate him for his ego, he played top level football all the way until 37. Messi retired to France at 34.

52 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

I wonder what his teammates must think watching him line up for free kicks knowing nothing ever comes from it. 

They probably think about sheltering between the goalposts.

• Like 1

We watched every minute of Cristiano Ronaldo’s YouTube channel so you never have to

But in general, it’s just the latest step in Ronaldo’s apparently unstoppable ego evolution, an insurmountable road of astonishing self-admiration which presumably will only end with him buying the moon and writing CR7 on it in huge letters visible across the galaxy.

But for the discerning football fan hoping for a Louis Theroux-style examination of one of the most successful sportspeople of all time, you will be severely disappointed because there is absolutely no substance in this vanity project that is, in short, a complete waste of every grown adult’s time.

Interesting, hilarious piece. Hope I didn’t bury it by posting here but seemed the most obvious place 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â