Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I think Ronaldo / Ronaldo is perhaps a better comparison than Messi / Ronaldo. No one can feasibly question Messi's ability, and in order to actually make an arguement out of it, you have to resort to non-playing technicalities like the number of clubs he's been at or the opinion that he probably wouldnt make it in the Premiership.

I meant the Brazilian.

And I think that because he was, throughout his career, playing in different teams and different leagues, when his knees were falling apart and he was unfit, consistantly devastatingly good. I rate that consistancy of excellency despite the problems with injuries and fitness he had - he scored absurd amounts of goals everywhere he went, he was world class on every stage he played, even when he was off form, out of shape and struggling with injuries he was great.

If Messi can do that, he'll overtake him in my list. But since it's very unlikely he'll leave Barca any time soon, it's not likely he'll do that.

I have said before now I believe C.Ronaldo to be a better player than Messi, that's no longer the case - though I do think C.Ronaldo is a more flexible player. I think the Portugeuse could go to more or less any league and immediately be in it's top 2 players (if not top full stop - he's behind Messi in La Liga of course), whereas Messi I think might struggle a little more in England for example. That doesn't take away from the fact that Messi stands

ahead of him now though.

Technically Ronaldo is arguably better than Messi in La Liga ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Birthday Lionel Messi.

He is now the grand old age of 24. Gettin' on a bit now son. Might wanna start, y'know, ACHIEVING something!

I think Messi greatest challenge is next month if picked.

Copa America in his homeland with his nation waiting 18 years for a trophy and a nation who dont love him as much as neutrals

• 1 month later...
Happy Birthday Lionel Messi.

He is now the grand old age of 24. Gettin' on a bit now son. Might wanna start, y'know, ACHIEVING something!

I hope that one day he wakes and thinks "I need a new challenge, anyone can win cups and medals playing for one of the top teams in Europe. What I need is to play for a middling Premiership club and lift them to greatness, similar to old Diego back in the day with Napoli. Hmmmm, that Aston Villa team look the ideal challenge."

Chances of this happening? Slim to say the least. :lol:

cant be the only person that thought his performance was a disgrace tonight. was like ROnaldinho post 2006, talent is there in parts but desire and application wasnt. Except for his goal and a pass to Villa he was non-existent and didnt look that bothered

cant be the only person that thought his performance was a disgrace tonight. was like ROnaldinho post 2006, talent is there in parts but desire and application wasnt. Except for his goal and a pass to Villa he was non-existent and didnt look that bothered

Get over your problem with Messi, he's not even back training that long and its basically just a warm up game.

Oh and a goal and an assist while not bothered isn't bad!

I have no problem with Messi but think a player of his ability should show more effort instead of a lazy attitude he showed tonight. Suarez yesterday had less pre-season but was no problem for him chasing things and looking busy.

Messi looked like he would rather be elsewhere

Messi did look a bit lardy yesterday. May just be the stripes. Loved the way he bounced off the challenge before tucking it away for his goal. All in all Barca looked a mile off the pace whereas Real were almost at full pelt and yet it was still 2-2. God knows what will happen when Barca get up to 100% in the next few weeks.

Messi did look a bit lardy yesterday. May just be the stripes. Loved the way he bounced off the challenge before tucking it away for his goal. All in all Barca looked a mile off the pace whereas Real were almost at full pelt and yet it was still 2-2. God knows what will happen when Barca get up to 100% in the next few weeks.

Ehrm, Messi's goal was pure luck. Assist from the opponent, then Pepe slipped on the turf. The goal had very little to do with his skills, for a change. Of course he had to be there, but it could be said about Francis Jeffers as well, this goal was just a freak accident for Real Madrid.

He didn't say it wasn't luck, but what he said was also true. The balance and strength to bounce off the challenge was something not many players have, then to turn so quickly onto the ball and then a good finish to cap it off.

The build up was very lucky though. Not many would hae scored it mind.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â