The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

Glad to see they are opening up a little bit and allowing third party keyboards. Finally!

So the case on the keys will be the case it types.

• Like 1

Took me ages to figure out how to put my WiFi password into a friend's iPhone. I couldn't work out how to get caps lock off. Intuitive my arse.

I'll be receiving a 5C or 5S as my company phone some time soon. Not out of choice, that's just what they give everyone who gets a phone now.

Quite pleased really, I get a direct comparison now.

Took me ages to figure out how to put my WiFi password into a friend's iPhone. I couldn't work out how to get caps lock off. Intuitive my arse.

I know, pressing the "caps lock" key to turn "caps lock" on/off - what could be less intuitive? :)
  • Like 1

I'll be receiving a 5C or 5S as my company phone some time soon. Not out of choice, that's just what they give everyone who gets a phone now.

Think of the most basic Nokia phone. That's what our company gives out  :(

Looking forward to seeing what the next iPhone will bring.. think its pretty much confirmed that it'll be a much bigger screen (4.7 - 5 inches). That combined with IOS 8 should see me upgrade my 4S

Think of the most basic Nokia phone. That's what our company gives out :(

that would be more than I need

I really don't need a phone for my job, but its policy that everyone at my level gets one.

Not complaining!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got a MacBook Air or pro? I'm starting uni in October and I've been thinking about getting one, and I'm leaning towards the air because I like how slim and light it is. I'll have my desktop for heavy stuff so computing power isn't too much of an issue for me. I basically just want it for taking to lectures/the library/wherever else and doing light work on it.

Anyone got a MacBook Air or pro? I'm starting uni in October and I've been thinking about getting one, and I'm leaning towards the air because I like how slim and light it is. I'll have my desktop for heavy stuff so computing power isn't too much of an issue for me. I basically just want it for taking to lectures/the library/wherever else and doing light work on it.

I just had the same dilemma, although I do a lot of media work outside of Uni. I opted to go for a Pro, it isn't much heavier than the Air to be honest and the screen is absolutely beautiful. Student discount brings the price down a bit too ;)

Get a Pro, the retina screen is wonderful unless you are willing to wait till the end of the year till the Air gets retina display. However the current Air will do you perfectly fine.

I just had the same dilemma, although I do a lot of media work outside of Uni. I opted to go for a Pro, it isn't much heavier than the Air to be honest and the screen is absolutely beautiful. Student discount brings the price down a bit too ;)

How much of a discount did you get? I've had a look and it says 'up to' £175.

Get a Pro, the retina screen is wonderful unless you are willing to wait till the end of the year till the Air gets retina display. However the current Air will do you perfectly fine.

Ah, I didn't know they were going to do an air with retina display. Any idea exactly when it'll be released? I'd be fine waiting if it means an updated model with retina.

Â