Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

I seem to have encountered a missing NPC bug, in the quest "Good Intentions" on the Mage quest line.

In an earlier quest you find an orb in a dungeon with a guy called Tolfdir. A while and a few conversations later it seems that this orb might be bad news and some order of mages are sending psychic messages to you implying that you might need to destroy it. They also name check a new NPC called The Augur of Dunlain. Everybody I speak to tells me I should ask Tolfdir where the Augur is, only Tolfdir has disappeared completely from Winterhold College. I shit you not, I have spent about 45 minutes (an entire episode of football weekly no less) searching for Tolfdir. I have checked FAQs which just say he is usually in the places where you have done quests with him earlier and he isnt there. I shit you not, I must have been in every single room in the college half a dozen times and spoken to every NPC more than once. Tolfdir is not there. He is gone, vanished, disappeared, fled or packed his bags. I have even been to the "secret" area of the College you are supposed to go after you have spoken to Tolfdir and he isnt there either, and neither NPC who supposedly spawns after your conversation with Tolfdir.

And yes, I have turned on quest tracking and I have tried the clairvoyance spell. I have tried sleeping in my bed (twice) and I have tried rebooting the game. Nothing seems to work. Am I ****?

Xbox rules!

My cole train lookalike has picked his three sluts

Ysolda

Miuri

Lydia

In if those is getting gaped tomorrow

Been mining today and walked to the west for a while.

Picked up about seven leads on misc missions and made a load of rings and armour to sell.

Got about 3k now and want another four or five to get a house and buy some bits.

So i'm in the middle on my uni exams at the moment and haven't really had much time to look into this, but any comments on getting on PC vs console?

If you can run it decently, PC is the way to go.

Waiting for my Christmas holidays to get stuck into this but just wondering in advance - does this have the same thing as Oblivion where every time you go from one location to the next (ie enter/exit a building) do you get a loading screen - or is it seamless now?

Waiting for my Christmas holidays to get stuck into this but just wondering in advance - does this have the same thing as Oblivion where every time you go from one location to the next (ie enter/exit a building) do you get a loading screen - or is it seamless now?

yes there is a loading screen.

Right help needed. I think I am very early in the game as been exploring.....

I have been asked to find the tablet about dragons at Bleak Falls Barrow. I cannot find it.

I have been to the depths of it and stood infront of the big stone wall with blue flashing elf writing. Then it said that I had learned the secret.

I went back to the Whiterun to tell the guy but he just sent me back to Bleak falls.

Does anyone know where this tablet is?

Cheers

And yes, I have turned on quest tracking and I have tried the clairvoyance spell. I have tried sleeping in my bed (twice) and I have tried rebooting the game. Nothing seems to work. Am I ****?

If you're playing on PC I guess you can use the console. If you're not. Yeh you're ****.

I have been asked to find the tablet about dragons at Bleak Falls Barrow. I cannot find it.

Luckily, I had already picked up the tablet from the very early mission from the store in Riverwood, which sends you there. So by the time I got to that bit, I just had to hand it over to the Court Magician guy. The item was pretty obviosuly unique, so I carried it with me the whole time in between.

Anyway, if memory serves, the tablet is on the body of a wizard or some guy you kill in the room where you learn the Shout

If you're playing on PC I guess you can use the console. If you're not. Yeh you're ****.

Luckily, I had already picked up the tablet from the very early mission from the store in Riverwood, which sends you there. So by the time I got to that bit, I just had to hand it over to the Court Magician guy. The item was pretty obviosuly unique, so I carried it with me the whole time in between.

Anyway, if memory serves, the tablet is on the body of a wizard or some guy you kill in the room where you learn the Shout

Thanks Hogso.

Had my first bug last night. I aquired 'Finns lute' from some random dungeon i had explored earlier on in the game. Tried to sell it and it said i couldnt sell a quest item. I thought fair enough. So i found the woman who was looking for it at the Bards college and then gave it her back. The quest came up as complete, i got my reward (training in various skills), but the Lute is still in my inventory. I cant get rid of it. The quest is also still showing as active in my journal. Its only a miscellaneous quest so im not that bothered but still a bit of an arse carring this feckin lute around with me all the time

So i'm in the middle on my uni exams at the moment and haven't really had much time to look into this, but any comments on getting on PC vs console?

If you can run it decently, PC is the way to go.

Cheers, two more weeks till i can play, going crazy seeing all the fb posts and hearing people talk about it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â