SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I like the way some people think they now the financial details of these transfers :lol:

"Just pay the extra million"

Idiots

Doesn't sound so stupid to me, if that's what will get him and there aren't many better options than that then pay what they are looking for. We wanted more for Downing, Liverpool paid it because they wanted him.

This is even less stupid when you realise we will probably sell him to Plop, Manure or Citeh in two years time for double our money. :winkold:

I like the way some people think they now the financial details of these transfers :lol:

"Just pay the extra million"

Idiots

Doesn't sound so stupid to me, if that's what will get him and there aren't many better options than that then pay what they are looking for. We wanted more for Downing, Liverpool paid it because they wanted him.

This is even less stupid when you realise we will probably sell him to Plop, Manure or Citeh in two years time for double our money. :winkold:

Exactly

This is worryingly starting to look like the Robbie Keane Fiasco!

This!

I have never forgiven Herbert for that.

The pessimist in me would say we're bidding just to short to make it look like we're trying but with no hope of actually getting him.

It was Gregory that wouldnt pay the extra £.5m, not Doug.

But I like Gregory.

I just think the sooner we get this tied up the better. I get the feeling that whelan is desperate for a bidding war and is just waiting for another suitor to make an enquiry.

Given how we have allegedly handled transfers in the past I'd urge Randy to get some money transferred over to Wigan ASAP. The longer this goes on the less likely he is to sign for Villa.

I really would be gutted if we missed out on this one. I wanted Charlie at Villa for a few seasons now and think it's a match made in heaven.

I really can't see a better option for N'Zogbia than Villa. Non of the top 6 need or want him, Everton can't afford him and Sunderland have just pulled out this morning. Makes perfect sense really which means it's destined not to happen.

Bruce said: "[N'Zogbia] is not going to happen. It has become a bit too rich for us."

Sunderland are out of it.. Everton can't afford him.. surely we are the best choice now?

We are quite fortunate to find ourselves in this position IMO. N'Zogbia has undoubted talent, is the perfect replacement for Young, only a year left on his contract and no one else seems to be able to afford him. Failing to capitalise on this would be a big opportunity missed.

Anyway, let's be positive, hope it gets tied up in time for the pre-season tour.

Everton can afford him they just need to sell before they can buy i thought it was dependant on them selling Yobo and Yakubu although i can't see who would want them

Which is why im worried were not acting quick enough over this we should get the deal done pronto even if it means paying wigan an extra million for a player of his calibre i think it would be worth it

Everton can afford him they just need to sell before they can buy i thought it was dependant on them selling Yobo and Yakubu although i can't see who would want them

Which is why im worried were not acting quick enough over this we should get the deal done pronto even if it means paying wigan an extra million for a player of his calibre i think it would be worth it

We could organise a VillaTalk whip round if Randy is struggling to find an extra million quid or so. I'd happily stick a fiver in to make this happen.

It will happen, lets not worry.

We need to get the best deal we can.

and the cheaper we get him, the money available for other players.

every penny counts now with the Uefa FFP rules now in effect.

Everton can afford him they just need to sell before they can buy

This makes no sense!

I want to buy an apple but to have enough money I need to sell my banana first.

Can I afford the apple before I sell my banana? :winkold:

We could organise a VillaTalk whip round if Randy is struggling to find an extra million quid or so. I'd happily stick a fiver in to make this happen.

Randy nor any of us are allowed to put extra money into the club under the new Uefa FFP rules. The club can only spend what it earns.

Anything up to £12m for N'Zogbia would be worth it IMO. Regardless of his contract situation.

I would also love to see us go for Hoilett at Blackburn for competition on the right.

I'd be delighted with Hoilett. Think the lad is destined for big things. Reckon if we can get the pair for under £20m the sell on value to City or Liverpool in 2 years time will net us a tasty profit.

Think i'm getting the hang of this transfer malarkey.

We tried to set up a "Buy a player fund" on here in the ;ast year of Doug's reign. I thought those days were gone forever.

Nzogbia must be a hell of a player if he can replace Downing and Young. With those kind of talents I am surprised one of the big boys has not ben in for him already. Also with those kind of talents I would have thought he would be worth a lot more than the 10M or so we have bid.

We tried to set up a "Buy a player fund" on here in the ;ast year of Doug's reign. I thought those days were gone forever.

Nzogbia must be a hell of a player if he can replace Downing and Young. With those kind of talents I am surprised one of the big boys has not ben in for him already. Also with those kind of talents I would have thought he would be worth a lot more than the 10M or so we have bid.

Whats the point of this post, other than another snide comment at the board because they wont spend billions?