SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

If posters want to share their own financial status that's fine, but to have in depth knowledge of whether AVFC, RL or the cleaners have or don't have a huge transfer kitty is like having a discussion on the merits of religious belief. We do not know. I am personally sick and tired of reading people spouting off about pots and piss. Wait for your comment on September 1st etc.

I think the poster you refer to above is an Everton fan.

ANd they most definitely do not have a pot to piss in!

Sadly true, which is why the reports of our bid for N'Zogbia made me chuckle.

We haven't bought a first team player for nearly 2 years!

The Zog will be in claret and blue next season, hope he does well and you enjoy a better season than last.

If posters want to share their own financial status that's fine, but to have in depth knowledge of whether AVFC, RL or the cleaners have or don't have a huge transfer kitty is like having a discussion on the merits of religious belief. We do not know. I am personally sick and tired of reading people spouting off about pots and piss. Wait for your comment on September 1st etc.

The Zog will be in claret and blue next season, hope he does well and you enjoy a better season than last.

What part of the team would you put Bent in then?

Edit: just re-read. Your an Everton fan!

I'm pretty sure you have brought a player in two years?!

What part of the team would you put Bent in then?

Wooooooooooooooooooosh

Incorrect. We've asked to be kept informed re N'Zogbia, but as we haven't a pot to piss in until we sell players there's no chance of us bidding for anyone.

I know you ain't got any dosh to bid for anyone now.

But I am correct I can assure you. #efc were expecting a few million in compensation quite a few weeks ago, however because it didn't materialise because of no replacement they couldn't make the downpayment.

Google and read the press reports about the time we got McCleish....

Loads of #efc fans have tweeted about this subsequently as well.

Incorrect. We've asked to be kept informed re N'Zogbia, but as we haven't a pot to piss in until we sell players there's no chance of us bidding for anyone.

But I am correct I can assure you. #efc were expecting a few million in compensation quite a few weeks ago, however because it didn't materialise because of no replacement they couldn't make the downpayment.

Sorry but that's all utter tripe! Compensation from where for what? And fans have tweeted about whatever it is?

Maybe that's where you've gone wrong, getting your info from twitter!

This is getting as intriguing as a James Bond Movie :lol:

Sorry but that's all utter tripe! Compensation from where for what? And fans have tweeted about whatever it is?

From us, with regards to Moyes, the move was on the cards but the compensation figure was to high for us. And that wasn't from twitter, that was from sources inside VP

From us, with regards to Moyes, the move was on the cards but the compensation figure was to high for us. And that wasn't from twitter, that was from sources inside VP

If that's true it's a shame Bicks, would have been worth every penny!

So she's saying we were going to use the compensation from Moyes to fund a move for N'Zogbia, despite the fact that we wouldn't have had a manager?

That's a good one.

I'm afraid Moyes was never on the cards for Villa, he both publicly and privately stated he had no interest in the job, it really is as simple as that.

Anyway I think McCleish will do a better job than many think.

So she's saying we were going to use the compensation from Moyes to fund a move for N'Zogbia, despite the fact that we wouldn't have had a manager?

Firstly SHE has a name.

It's not from Twitter neither. Moyes was No 1 choice. I know that from months ago, before the end of the season.

I was told by someone who has friends on the staff of AVFC. GH was rumoured to be stepping down at the end of the season even before he nearly died from a heart attack.

Mat Kendrick & anyone ITK knows Randy Lerner flew to Barbados to speak to Moyes. He wanted to come too... but ONLY if EFC got a replacement. Moyes would never walk out on Everton. Hughes was rumoured to be Moyes replacement, which explains why Lerner didn't even interview him.

Who the hell decent is going to come to manage EFC when you ain't got ANY money to spend on transfers??!!

Like you say .. Pot ...P**s & all that..

Anyhow when the deal didn't go through you failed to make the downpayment for N'Zogbia.

Of course you can dismiss all this if you wish but as far as I know this is pretty near the mark as Bicks has alluded to.

McLeish was not No 1 choice but when it became clear Moyes couldn't come then Lerner had to make a decision to appoint someone ASAP.

McLeish was apparently on RL's radar when MON walked out. Pat Murphy said as much on Radio 5.

14th/15th June 2011......

Everton boss David Moyes is running into major financial problems in his bid to sign Charles N’Zogbia from Wigan in a £9million deal.

Moyes has told supremo Bill Kenwright to set up the deal - and the French flier is also interested in swapping a survival fight for a shot at a top-six finish with the Toffees.

The Goodison chief is prepared to pay the fee for N’Zogbia who would add pace and variety to his attack - but Everton do not have the money to even pay the down payment.

Wigan are demanding half of the fee is paid up front, but Everton are struggling to raise the £4.5million - with sales of Joseph Yobo and Yakubu yet to be completed to bring in the funds.

It is a nightmare for Moyes who needs to have N’Zogbia’s deal done before moving on to other targets. He has a loan move for Real Madrid’s Sergio Canales up his sleeve but cannot finalise this until the big buy is done.

Moyes is also keen to change his reserve goalkeepers, with Preston’s Andy Lonergan a £300,000 target after training with the club in the final months of the season.

But Everton have to sell their unsettled number two keeper Jan Mucha first or they will not have the money for that either.

While Everton reportedly agreed with the fee for the sale of N’Zogbia, they can’t get even the money together for a down payment, with Wigan insisting the payment is made upfront for the former Newcastle man.

As Everton look to find money to cover the sale, Newcastle will look to move in. And while Wigan reportedly wanted N’Zogbia to move to Everton, where he will pose less threat to the side should they fall into relegation trouble next season, with Newcastle able to easily afford the £9 million sum, N’Zogbia could move back to his old club.

Nothing to do with twitter at all!

Please explain why EFC would put in a bid for a player then decide they can't get the downpayment together...

Don't you think it's a bit odd/??!!

I won't bother posting anymore info then....just like everyone else!

Go on Julie, tell the scouser how we do it round here!

I like your twitter updates Julie, please don't stop. I do take them with a pinch of salt but as I don't use twitter myself I read your posts with interest. Most human beings have the capacity to believe as much or as little of it as they like, so ignore the dissenters mate.

Too true.

I'm sorry but YOU are always posting tweets...

I give up with you lot I really do....

You're turning Villa Talk into Villa Moan!

I agree, Villatalk has become pretty terrible recently with a major influx of moaning and negative people. I took a break a few weeks ago and may well do again soon as you just get dragged into the crap.

Too true.

I agree, Villatalk has become pretty terrible recently with a major influx of moaning and negative people. I took a break a few weeks ago and may well do again soon as you just get dragged into the crap.

Don't let the buggers grind you down beasley, I've always enjoyed your posts. :thumb:

Too true.

Don't let the buggers grind you down beasley, I've always enjoyed your posts. :thumb:

Well thats, that means something coming from you :D:thumb: