Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I think Weimann has proven to be extremely important to the way we play and a particularly effective foil for Benteke playing off him and creating space for the big man with his movement even when not contributing directly with the ball or goals.

I wouldn't want to see him dropped just as the big man returns.

• Like 2

Another one of Lambert's 'undroppables' it seems. Been poor all season. Lacks any real quality on the ball and hasn't even got the composure in front of goal that was his biggest asset before.

We aren't blessed with a squad that has enough quality, Weimann - although poor so far - offers more of a threat than others right now. If we had a bigger squad, with more quality, this might change.

I think Weimann has proven to be extremely important to the way we play and a particularly effective foil for Benteke playing off him and creating space for the big man with his movement even when not contributing directly with the ball or goals.

I wouldn't want to see him dropped just as the big man returns.

I see what you're saying and I wasn't specifically suggesting it happen for the Everton game, just for a(ny) game, although I appreciate that my post might read that way.

You look at the likes of carruthers, Johnson, Burke and Grealish and wonder, when will they get a go ? Also where's Gary Gardner gone ?

100% agree. This great acadamey we have for few years, its about time there was more getting a chance in first team.

Andi is not playing well but hes certainly not playing any worse than many others. I have seen nothing to suggest we have any better in reserve. Im not sure, bar Benteke, Delph and Bacuna, theres been much better in the starting 11 tbh. Gabby's gone to his usual anonymous self.

Andi is not playing well but hes certainly not playing any worse than many others. I have seen nothing to suggest we have any better in reserve. Im not sure, bar Benteke, Delph and Bacuna, theres been much better in the starting 11 tbh. Gabby's gone to his usual anonymous self.

Yes and its a bit niave to think we can bring in academy players and expect them to do better. If they were ready or good enough at this stage then I'm sure Lambert would play them. There's many calls for Tonev but the last start he had in the league he was awful and its too risky to start him in a game against Everton.

Which game will it not be 'risky' to start Tonev again out of interest?

Our next 7 games after Everton are fairly kind (and it's about time too).

You can argue those games are more risky as they are the games we absolutely must get points from if we are to have a half-decent season.

Also I don't see how it isn't risky to play somebody in such woeful form with no upturn in sight.

You can argue those games are more risky as they are the games we absolutely must get points from if we are to have a half-decent season.

Also I don't see how it isn't risky to play somebody in such woeful form with no upturn in sight.

Every point can be argued but if you intend on fitting a player into your system (and I assume Lambert does) then it is probably sensible to do it against lesser sides.  We've come out of a horrendous schedule relatively healthy in the league so if you're ever going to try and bring a guy in, we're almost (after Everton) at the point where it would be most ideal to try.

He'd likely be coming on for Weimann.  It'll hardly all fall apart over that and Andi would still be there if needed.  We need to stop the 'yeah but' and the 'what if' stuff and just play the man from the start and see how he does.

not really if we got 10/12 points from them games it would be a good run. no need to make games this early must win or must get points games

We need to stop the 'yeah but' and the 'what if' stuff and just play the man from the start and see how he does.

Isn't that what I was arguing?

not really if we got 10/12 points from them games it would be a good run. no need to make games this early must win or must get points games

I disagree. Our showing against the 'lesser' teams will define our season. Last season for example, we all looked at the January period as a good opportunity to get points on the board and pull away from the drop zone. We didn't and that set the tone for a relegation battle for the rest of the season.

I think a game against the better teams like Everton are more risky but I think he can be used as a sub at this stage and if he shows that he's worthy of a start then give him a go but i certainly wouldn't play him instead of Weimann against Everton, especially with the threat of Baines.

I think a game against the better teams like Everton are more risky but I think he can be used as a sub at this stage and if he shows that he's worthy of a start then give him a go but i certainly wouldn't play him instead of Weimann against Everton, especially with the threat of Baines.

Fair enough.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â