Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

In all fairness Delph is a pretty crap football

Oh, I don't know. He's been kicked around plenty on here since he left.

12 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Well his move to City has made his pockets bigger, but he is not going to be going to the Euros and not really getting consistent football anymore. I mean he only has 12 league appearances for City this season and they were involved in 4 competitions! I guess he just wanted more money even if it cost him his career. 

but good enough for a league medal.....oh wait

I don't know.

Look at our club at the moment. We're a rudderless shambles. Yes, Delph leaving contributed to that, but I don't really blame anyone who has gotten out in the last few years.

The way he left by committing himself to us and then moving again 5 seconds later was a knife in the back, but ultimately, Aston Villa is a poorly run football club that was going absolutely nowhere. Delph didn't owe this club anything and he had every right to leave.

Whether Man City was a bit ahead of his ability or not, he'd have been mad not to take their offer.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

but good enough for a league medal.....oh wait

A league medal is nice, but if I was a footballer, I'd rather be playing and have the chance to attend the euros. I mean big paychecks are nice and all, but I wouldn't want to just throw my career away like that. 

easy to say that when youre not being offered more cash. Also has a chance to play with better players and better coaches which could improve you as a player and keep you at the euros...

Edited by gharperr

Guest av1
On 05/05/2016 at 16:25, The_Rev said:

Delph will probably stay as a squad player for a while yet imo. 

Yes i agree. 

On 05/05/2016 at 23:48, Zatman said:

Delph will end up at a team like West Brom or Bournemouth. He was crap here and is only playing for City because of his passport just like Sinclair was

The thing is Zatman, he made absolutely no secret of the fact he left purely for the money, so why would he consider leaving? He isn't a stupid man, he would have known he wouldn't play much but chose to make money his priority.

Of course City may decide he is surplus to requirements, in which case you may be right. I just think, like Rev that he isn't an bad squad player to have so i think they'll keep hold of him.

11 hours ago, gharperr said:

easy to say that when youre not being offered more cash. Also has a chance to play with better players and better coaches which could improve you as a player and keep you at the euros...

Only works if he is actually playing. You can have great coaches and players around you, but if you're not up to their level, you won't be playing. Before this season I thought Delph was definitely better than Fernando. Almost all City fans thought that as well, but Delph ultimately fell to the bottom of their depth list and I love it. 

On 06/05/2016 at 10:31, PaulC said:

He wasn't crap for us Zatman he was one of our best players. Made the England team through his performances for us. 

Most people think Delph was good for us.

Ergo, Zatman will think he wasn't.

eh Delph along with Westwood controlled a midfield that was crap for 3 seasons, he had about 8 good games a season and that was it. Villa problems this season have nothing to do with Delph leaving. 3 goals 3 assists in 3 seasons is pathetic...Shelvey, Veretout, Drinkwater and Hoolahan have double that assists this season alone and Noble and Lanzini have double the goals this season. Kouyate has more goals this season than Delph ever got here for Villa

• 3 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â